Mitch Trubisky only 6'1? Mike Mayock

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you remember seeing Kevin White in the Super Bowl?

Beasley could have won the Super Bowl for Atlanta had he picked off Tom Brady's ill-conceived fade pass in the endzone to Marty Bennett in OT. He made a great play nonetheless to get from his DE spot to a position where he could bat the pass away.

Funny you mention this play. Still not sure why Marty tried to make this circus falling to the ground catch instead of just jumping up and high pointing it over the shorter Beasley. That aspect of his game was always something that bugged me. Why the constant need to make things more difficult than they have to be? Same thing on the play before that... Obviously I don't know the exact play call but it seems like instead of trying to make this jumping spinning catch had he simply run the route and broke to the outside using his back to shield the defender it could of been an easy TD.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like a non story. Like holy shit, the combine is coming up shortly, why not wait until we get official measurements?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marty Bennett is always falling to the ground.

I think the exact moment in which the Bears franchise turned to utter and (evidently) irreversible shit was at the end of the first half of the Packers-Bears game under Trestman, where Bennett has a chance to put the Bears up 24-21...but instead of simply catching the ball and continuing into the endzone for the TD, he does his dumb bunny hop, doesn't catch the ball cleanly, and is stopped short of the goal line as time runs out. The Bears went on to lose 38-17 and have never recovered.

1411934221000-BEars-Jim-1.jpg

Yup, thats another perfect example. That play still pisses me off. Dude could be one of the best TE's in the league if he wasn't his own worst enemy.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only QB in this draft IMHO worthy of pick #3 is Watson. If he is gone, look elsewhere in this draft, rounds 2-5.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you remember seeing Kevin White in the Super Bowl?

Beasley could have won the Super Bowl for Atlanta had he picked off Tom Brady's ill-conceived fade pass in the endzone to Marty Bennett in OT. He made a great play nonetheless to get from his DE spot to a position where he could bat the pass away.

It was his only stat and awesome.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Height means nothing Brees, Wilson, Tarkenton ( b4 Marino, Farve and Manning, came along, he held many of the NFL passing records) proved it. Plus the last 2 Qb we went to the SB with, were not much over 6'1"
Different era this when your Oline didnt average 6-5. Throw in the opposing teams Dline with DE averaging like 6-3. Sorry to tell you old timers but the game evolves so if he is 6-1 he better be mobile.

Brees had a nice team even though they got lucky against the Vikings but that tippy toe throw will die when he retires.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But what's his hand size?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Different era this when your Oline didnt average 6-5. Throw in the opposing teams Dline with DE averaging like 6-3. Sorry to tell you old timers but the game evolves so if he is 6-1 he better be mobile.

Brees had a nice team even though they got lucky against the Vikings but that tippy toe throw will die when he retires.

For those who have played Qb, ya never literally " throw over the oline".

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He is... and taller than Brees.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those who have played Qb, ya never literally " throw over the oline".

Of course you do. Russell Wilson does it all the time. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-russell-wilson It's what set him apart from other mobile prospects is that he was a pocket passer in college. He simply takes deeper drops to be able to clear a line when needed. The reason he was drafted later than his skill set was that teams weren't certain he could still pull it off as effectively in the pros due to his height.

What was Adams missing last year? Do you think he gets drafted if he's 6'3"? There's also a reason higher release points are valued. Not the biggest thing but it's in the equation. QBs don't just look off safeties. They are also looking off linemen from anticipating a throw. Why Jay gets so many batted. Low release and bad eye fundamentals. Doesn't throw short arcs either.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, more often than not they are throwing over oline vs in throwing lanes.

And as for

Cool story Uncle Rico
1eqFSrO.gif

How do you know??? Have YOU played QB???

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
His height may be why he never steps up into the pocket. Well, not never, but almost never.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His height may be why he never steps up into the pocket. Well, not never, but almost never.

Based off eye test, I'd be very surprised if he measured in at under 6'2".

You really think he is shorter?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Based off eye test, I'd be very surprised if he measured in at under 6'2".

You really think he is shorter?

I have no idea. I would guess he's around 6'2. I will say though watching his game film, it is super rare for him to step up into the pocket. He takes the shotgun snap, drops back and either throws, runs out of the pocket, or goes further back. His height may be a reason for this.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How do you know??? Have YOU played QB???
I used to play all time QB with my twin boys all the time, so the answer to your question is ...YES.