Mitch Trubisky only 6'1? Mike Mayock

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
As much as I like Trubisky if he measures 6'1 there is a big chance he drops.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give me drew Bree's and Russell Wilson any day of the week and twice on sundays.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If the Bears don't draft him because of his height then so be it. I think he can succeed regardless of his height.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had a thread on this weeks ago. Pure speculation. Weigh ins are in one week. Lets talk then.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Unless a guy is under 6`0 with shoes off i dont worry much about height when it comes to qb. Aaron Rodgers is 6`2 sooooo yeah.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless a guy is under 6`0 with shoes off i dont worry much about height when it comes to qb. Aaron Rodgers is 6`2 sooooo yeah.

Then Mayfield is a stud?

I hate the pick so much. That system is phenomenal....I don't understand where any of this Mitch Trub love came from....the offense regressed!! As awesome and fun as it was to watch...I know. Its a bad pick. The worst throw I saw all year was in his bowl game. barf.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Then Mayfield is a stud?

I hate the pick so much. That system is phenomenal....I don't understand where any of this Mitch Trub love came from....the offense regressed!! As awesome and fun as it was to watch...I know. Its a bad pick. The worst throw I saw all year was in his bowl game. barf.

You couldn't be a bigger drama queen.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
No way I would use the third pick on this qb class. Imagine passing on JJ Watt for Rex Grossman with the third pick.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Height means nothing Brees, Wilson, Tarkenton ( b4 Marino, Farve and Manning, came along, he held many of the NFL passing records) proved it. Plus the last 2 Qb we went to the SB with, were not much over 6'1"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanted Beasley as well but did he play in the SB? I don't remember seeing him.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
So that now Mitch Midgetsky is a dwarf, Pace will probably be all over him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No way I would use the third pick on this qb class. Imagine passing on JJ Watt for Rex Grossman with the third pick.

LOL @ this assumption that any defensive pick the Bears make is somehow guaranteed to be all-generation elite, but every QB is a certainty to be a bust.

And coming from someone who defended Cutler right until the very end, no less.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NFL.com draft tracker on Mitch Trubisky:

Height 6' 3"

Analysis
Strengths: Adequate height with good muscular definition. Built to withstand physical challenges of the position.

Bottom Line: Trubisky is a high-end quarterback prospect who possesses NFL size

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mitch-trubisky?id=2558008

The first strength and bottom line they list about him are his size. The difference between 6' 1" and 6' 3" may not mean as much on a different prospect. If a pass rusher is a top prospect because of his fast first step and he is injured and loses the fast first step, is he still a top prospect? I don't think his awesome 6' 3" frame made him anything special, but NFL.com sure did. This 'revelation' has no impact on my opinion of Trubisky, I never thought he was worth the 3rd pick, still don't, never thought he would slip to the 2nd round, still don't.

TL;DR IMO Trubiskys height has no impact on the Bears draft.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
If you look at the shorter QBs that are successful, they tend to be more mobile. Brees about the only exception in the modern era. Wilson, Taylor, Vick are short QB's that can move around. Even 6-2 guys like Rodgers and Carr have above average mobility. If you can find windows, throw on the run accurately, avoid sacks and run for 1st downs, then height isn't as big of a deal.

You have to watch the Rex Grossman types that are stationary AND short.

Trubisky appears to be athletic enough. They guess him to be 4.75 which is above average. Lower than that would help, if he comes in at 4.9, I think some teams will be wary.