If the Jets get Jay, Bears probably look at Glennon

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Blanie Gabbert was drafted at #10 as a QB prospect. This draft for sure has at least 3 top 10 QB prospects. I saw Gabbert play in college and was not impressed. The Bears need to draft a QB at #3 we already know what the FA QBs can't do, they can't win.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
and Jake Locker was drafted 8th that year. Just because QB's are drafted high doesn't ensure success.

Neither one of them did anything major in college. Watson, Trubisky & Mahomes did great things in college. Watson b2b title appeareances, NC title, tore the vaunted Bama defense up twice. Trubisky one of the top passer ratings in college this year. Mahomes leading passer in college this year. Gabbert, Locker & Ponder did not accomplish more then either of these guys, so they were a reach. Like I said if they can go #8, #10 & #12 without doing anything great in college, then this class has 3 top 10 QBs. Who all have been great in some area this year which is worth a shot.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was on the Glennon train about 2-3 years ago. That time has passed though IMO. You have the #3 pick in a good QB class IMO. There are a couple good value guys in the 2nd to 4th round range. Take your guy. But, if Pace feels Glennin is "the man" then go get him. Whatever. Just move onward and forward.

Last edited:

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
and Jake Locker was drafted 8th that year and Ponder 12th. Just because QB's are drafted high doesn't ensure success.

Lets compare those QBs to this years class & you will see why those QBs from that draft were not that great, but for some reason teams still considered them top propects. I will compare their senior years only to this class because if I compare career it would be Varsity vs JV.

Locker: draft pick #8

Passing 55.4%, 2,265 Yds , 17 TD, 9 Ints, 124.2 Rate

Gabbert : draft pick # 10

Passing 63.4%, 3,186 Yds , 16 TD, 9 Ints, 127 Rate

Ponder: draft pick #12

Passing 61.5%, 2,044 Yds , 20 TD, 8 Ints, 135.7 Rate

This years QBs

Watson

Passing 67%, 4,593 Yds , 41 TD, 17 Ints, 151.1 Rate

Trubisky

Passing 68%, 3,748 Yds , 30 TD, 6 Ints, 157.9 Rate

Mahomes

Passing 65.7%, 5,052 Yds , 41 TD, 10 Ints, 157
Rate

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was on the Glennon train about 2-3 years ago. That time has passed though IMO. You have the #3 pick in a good QB class IMO. There are a couple good value guys in the 2nd to 4th round range. Take your guy. But, if Pace feels Glennin is "the man" then go get him. Whatever. Just move onward and forward.

I would see Glennon being a better take on the Hoyer roll and not a final destination.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so many of you are so sure he is taking a QB at #3.

Wanting to =/= being sure it's going to happen. I'm one of the biggest proponents of taking a QB at #3 and I have no idea if he will or not. I'm worried he's going to pass and go for the safest option for job protection instead of swinging for the fences on talent and upside.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Without a QB Pace is at serious risk of being fired in the next couple of seasons.

I am not 100% sure he is going to take a QB at 3, but I am 100% he wants to keep his job.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
he needs to win...now!

No Fox is the one that needs to win now but the Bears orginization & Pace needs to worry about the now & the future. If Fox can't find a way to win for the 3rd year in a row. He is not the man for the job regardless of the Bears selecting a QB at #3 if they decide to.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no.....

he has been in the league 6 years and has done nothing but be at best one year of below average and the rest suckage..........what the fuck people.........

I don't think there is a QB in the league that could have elevated the teams he has been on. Seriously...a prime Romo wouldn't have made the playoffs with those coaches and players. He is still an ascending player, don't give me this 6 years crap.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson, Allen, Adams, Garrett

All prime performers worth the #3 pick. Super high floors, high ceilings, big school dominators with football skills. Trade to 6 or 8 is ideal if Jets or Panthers will play...because 3 or those 4 could still be at 6, and the other won't be at #3.