What in the Hell

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
everytime I try to make rotations for this team, or I look at the roster...I am utterly perplexed.

Why are we 14 deep in middling talent after the two alphas? Nobody constructs a roster like this.

I swear to baby Jebus that I saw we had trade MCW and sent Canaan somewhere? That didn't happen?

I just don't understand why the hell the Bulls are built like they are. Its such a mess for Hoiberg. Cut the damn fat!! Garpax never cut the fat and consolodate the back of roster prospects into the best prospect or two they can get.

Can they not make simple calls between players? Do they not know what they have? We are incompetent.

1) Canaan or Grant - Make a decision!!!! Which one? Keep one as emergency PG. That guy is Grant. Canaan isnt' ever going to 3 well enough to cover the rest of his game. Grant could be a sparkplug PG in some alternative universe...at least for your D League team or as your 3 deep emergency guy.

2) Is it Mirotic or McDermott?

Fucking make a decision. McDermott does so many things offensively, and is more of a pure scorer besides having top 5 3 point ability. Why is Mirotic still here? Its insane what they could have got for him 2 years ago. Insane. lol. Fucking Garpax...time to trade him for potato chips but get him out of here. Total failure not to move Mirotic when they had McD in hand for a similar role.

3) Gibson? What the fuck is he still doing here? Trade him to a contender for fucks sake. What are we doing? Nobody wants Gibson for a homestretch with the way he is playing? This should be an easy move. You would think even the Cavs would be interested given the way Gibson always plays against Lebron. Gibson is one of the guys around the league who takes offense at Lebron playing the 4 or 5 and will put his shoulder in his chest and go over him. Whatever...to let a player like this contract expire and get nothing would be insane this year. This move should have been easy, and would have opened up minutes to Mirotic which maybe would have showcased him enough to get him also the fuck out of here....there is no excuse to be this logjammed at every position.

4) MCW or Valentine? (Rondo should be gone)

Why both? Why the fuck do we have both and Rondo? I just see Valentine as the offensive half of MCW. As a tandem maybe you could sub them in and out, go offense/defense at an annoying clip all game. They should be running this team. We have two young PG's to develop, and Grant as the emergency...why the fuck is Rondo even here? MCW has experience, beat him out, caused drama....all caused by a front office who can't manage a roster. They led us into drama by trading for MCW in the first place...probably panic when they realized what Rondo was.....why are all 3 here?

If I go to sleep with Gibson, Rondo, Canaan, and Mirotic all on the team I am going to flip. Fuck this franchise man...they have devalued every assett they have almost systematically.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Wake up and realize that GarPax have only one goal: stay on the payroll.

They know they won't survive a Cubs-like purge and rebuild, so they are going to aim for a 1st-round playoff trouncing and assume that's enough for Reinsdorf to retain them.

This franchise is many, many years away from contending.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wake up and realize that GarPax have only one goal: stay on the payroll.

They know they won't survive a Cubs-like purge and rebuild, so they are going to aim for a 1st-round playoff trouncing and assume that's enough for Reinsdorf to retain them.

This franchise is many, many years away from contending.
Basketball is far and away the hardest sport to try a rebuild.

EDIT: maybe the NHL is too, I have no idea really.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a top ten player. Only the Bulls can complicate and ruin the process with a cornerstone in place. A top NBA recruiter in Wade...and lots of expiring contracts.

And yet...somehow nobody wants to come to our big market. Wonder why?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Internet GMs always seem to forget that another team has want the player yu want to get rid of, every other team scouts the league and knows the players you want to dump on them, just like the Bulls every other team overvalues their players, even the ones they want to dump so trades are tougher than clicking on the trade machine and making it say it's a good trade.

The Bulls have multiple players at the same skill level because they've got too much experience with players suffering catastrophic injuries. They started the year with Rondo and were he to have gone down for the year like the previous PG did so often there just are that many starters sitting around waiting to be picked up. So you get Grant who shows strong in spurts, the same for MCW and you have a wild card like Canaan. None of them are consistently good but if you've got three to choose from the odds are one of them will be hot for a while and you go with him. They did this with Nate Robinson, Lindsey Hunter, John Lucas III, E'twan Moore, Jannero Pargo, CJ Watson, Rick Brunson.

It's like some people beyond having wholly unrealistic views on what's possible or going on and lose all recall of what the Bulls and other teams do.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
What are we going to do with all these fucking guards?

Canaan, Grant, Rondo, Valentine, Payne, Morrow, Wade, MCW

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are we going to do with all these fucking guards?

Canaan, Grant, Rondo, Valentine, Payne, Morrow, Wade, MCW
Run the coveted 5 PG lineup of course. Everyone 6'5" and under!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It's like some people beyond having wholly unrealistic views on what's possible or going on and lose all recall of what the Bulls and other teams do.

Technically, of course, that's true. But it has no application in this rant, we are dealing with inept management that are clearly in over their heads and the matter is compounded by them acting in a manner only consistent with saving their jobs, not even trying to blow it up and rebuild as is obviously necessary.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj/Niko/McBuckets would have landed Cousins last year.

We would have Cousins, Rondo as his handler, Wade and Butler.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record I am totally against losing special players who have a special skill set.

McBuckets 3 point with his other offensive abilities make him special at a dimension of basketball...he could have been a role player as a puzzle piece to a chip. imo.

I think he will do phenomenal in OKC, if not this year being a down year...I think next year.