Whats the future?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do Niko, McDermott, Portis, Valentine, Butler, Felicio have in common?

None should be traded until evaluated by a real coach in a real system.

Yep, Hoiberg is not a viable NBA coach and the front office is to blame in all of this. I think that I watched maybe two games this entire season and it is sad what the last 8 or so years have brought to this team. The last straw was for me, how they handled the THibs deal and Reiny's fucked up letter explaining it. It was a cheap shot to a guy who worked his ass off to wring everything possible out of what he was given to work with but instead of giving him what he felt he needed in terms of talent, they undermined him. I HATE GAR/PAX and Reinny.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch the video below of the Ball brothers from Chino Hills in southern california. THis video is from last year where the three brothers all played together. THe oldest brother, Delonzo is a starting freshman at UCLA and is projected to be a high lottery pick in the draft. THe other two brothers are both committed to UCLA also. I watched these guys play last year and it is really a great trio/ The youngest brother, now a sophomore and a legit three point shooter, recently scored 92 points in a league game, a game in which his older brother couldn't play due to an injury!

The current Chino Hills team was ranked #2 in the nation but lost to Mater Dei, in the state play-offs a couple of days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk76i857Mkk

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch the video below of the Ball brothers from Chino Hills in southern california. THis video is from last year where the three brothers all played together. THe oldest brother, Delonzo is a starting freshman at UCLA and is projected to be a high lottery pick in the draft. THe other two brothers are both committed to UCLA also. I watched these guys play last year and it is really a great trio/ The youngest brother, now a sophomore and a legit three point shooter, recently scored 92 points in a league game, a game in which his older brother couldn't play due to an injury!

The current Chino Hills team was ranked #2 in the nation but lost to Mater Dei, in the state play-offs a couple of days ago.

What I've seen is all hype! Terrible shot selection and no defense. Don't see them becoming better than D-league players.
Jimmer Fredette might be a honest comparison.

AussieBear

the way they play at chino hills is pretty funny... lonzo is probably the best of the brothers... lakers want him... liangelo has offensive skills but seems like a pudge boy with no vert... reminds me of klay thompson... lamelo can shoot and pass.. im sure once he advances to college.. the clowning will stop.. .. ive seen a lot of their shat.. idk y... i just watch more hs basketball shat than i do pros... at least until the playoffs start.

AussieBear

What I've seen is all hype! Terrible shot selection and no defense. Don't see them becoming better than D-league players.

who says halfcourt shots are :turrible: shot selections when you got the range... he calls it first too.. he looks small but hes actually 6'3.. 6'4.. lonzo was busting him about it.. was like you 6'3-6'4 and still cant dunk...

[video=youtube;PCM5qxwBorw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCM5qxwBorw[/video]

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It is not all hype. The oldest brother will be a top five draft pick and the youngest brother who is only a sophomore in high school can flat out shoot.. I thought that it was a great story.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
d7b7e8a914ecf9e6b9a9b30bd9c0933b.jpg

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
What is their plan for Niko?

All the hype for him to get here, and he is completely out of the rotation. His contract is up this year, yet they wouldn't trade him. I felt like he has shown potential, are the Bulls really just giving up on him?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think the team has officially mailed it in. Hopefully the future of the team is Lonzo Ball or Markell Fultz(preferably Ball). I think Jimmys gone after this season, hopefully they can at least get the Brooklyn pick from the Celtics this year.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
who says halfcourt shots are :turrible: shot selections when you got the range... he calls it first too.. he looks small but hes actually 6'3.. 6'4.. lonzo was busting him about it.. was like you 6'3-6'4 and still cant dunk...

[video=youtube;PCM5qxwBorw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCM5qxwBorw[/video]

The kid literally plays no defense at all. In fact, half the time he sits near the half court line so he can cherry pick. I've watched several of Chino Hills games from this year. The shit that kid does is not going to even remotely fly in college.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We're so fucked, any one player is not going to do it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The kid literally plays no defense at all. In fact, half the time he sits near the half court line so he can cherry pick. I've watched several of Chino Hills games from this year. The shit that kid does is not going to even remotely fly in college.

The kid is a sophomore in high school. Truthfully he belongs at a school with a better head coach who can develop him as a complete player. HE can flat out shoot the rock and will probably be a lottery pick in the NBA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noone could explain to me the mess that Gar/Pax has left with their adopted step-son Hoiberg in the case of Mirotic. These idiots tell Mirotic basically that he sucks and will not be played and his spot will be filled with "younger guys"? Really? Younger guys? So they sit Mirotic and then they play him and he starts scoring and rebounding and then they sit him again. They sit him out a game and the NEXT FUCKING GAME he comes in and scores 24 off of the bench..

This front office and head coach are fucking NUTS. I actually feel sorry for Hoiberg because he obviously has got Gar/Pax messing with him big time. ANd Mirotic is one example of a talented player that they not only didn't develop but actually were responsible for his regression. Gar/Pax got their little play toy with Paxson. Too much to handle with the real man, Thibs. Goes back to the really responsible ass-hole, Reinny. Fuck him.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
What is the future of this franchise? Picture Michael Reinsdorf's, John Paxson's, and Gar Forman's boots stomping on your open faces, forever.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is the future of this franchise? Picture Michael Reinsdorf's, John Paxson's, and Gar Forman's boots stomping on your open faces, forever.
Those 3 have indeed curbstomped the future of this team

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think any discussion on the Bulls offseason and immediate future has to take place with the understanding that two Reinsdorfs, a Paxson, and a Dick Tracy-like villain will be around. Maybe they'll surprise all of us and Gar will be sent packing, maybe - like a 2% chance. Anyways, a few random thoughts, do what you will with them:

- With Wade out for the rest of the season, the smart move will be to pull the "tank, but not really tanking" type of play. The Bulls currently sit a game out of 8th place, and I have no idea about the tiebreakers, but it shouldn't matter. This team is not helped by getting swept by the Cavs in the first round. This team is more helped by getting a good amount of ping-pong balls.

- Much like the Four Horsemen of the Basketball Apocalypse I mentioned above, don't discount the fact that Fred will probably be around next year. There's no way Dorf is going to pay Fred $15 million to go away, and pay another coach. Also, watching the Cyclones offense yesterday, I'm not sure Fred will have any big time booster pay for a buy-out, or whatever his contact has.

- I agree with Crys in that thread about Wade that it's more likely he's opting back in for another year. I don't know if that's a good thing.

- It's weird to say, but I think the short-term future of the Bulls is tied to the Celtics.

- The Butler move needs to be made. He's going to be 28 at the start of the season, so I think you need to ask if he's going to be able to produce at the same level as he is now by the time the Bulls are ready to compete. What's more, do you really think Butler can be the #1 guy on a championship team? In my mind no, and since you have a GM that wants to get young and athletic....

- The goal should be to acquire picks this year, and as high as they can get them. "Tanking" + Butler trade is a good start.

- The great Mirotic experiment is over.

- Point Guard, will they continue to have a roster full of them, or will they actually find one? I agree with Crys again above that Grant has been a pleasant surprise. I was excited when he came over in the Rose trade, and don't understand what they are really doing with him lately. Either way, I think he's a great backup PG and a good starting PG. If my dreams come true and you can get that Nets pick, you're in a good spot to draft your PG of the future. I like Ball and Smith, and I think Ball probably fits better to what Fred wants to do, but I've also never seen Fultz play. I just haven't, so I could be convinced he's the better option.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
With Wade done for the year you have to figure he wants to get out, unless he just wants to play here for the money and play another partial season before getting injured.

That means you get a big chunk of cap space to sign a FA. The problem is the Bulls have long had difficulties signing the big name FA's. I know trading Butler for the Boston bundle of picks and players sounds great but there's no guarantee the kid you draft is going to be a star any more than he'll get injured like Embid or Parker. So since you can't sign the big name FAs why not just keep Jimmy. He comes cheap as his contract is from the lower cap era. It doesn't look good for that SAC pick and since everybody else can see that it has no trade value.

Then clean house as much as possible.
They've traded McDermott,
Wade and Rondo gone
let Mirotic, Carter Williams and Grant go and let somebody else deal with the inconsistency
Morrow and Canaan are just journeyman,
Lauvergne is just taking up space
If anybody will get a 2nd round pick or if some team with salary issues wants to shed a very late 1st round pick package somebody with a 2nd round pick.

Just start with a pair of solid veterans, two of your own first round picks that have shown growth at times with playing time. Payne has never played many minutes so he's really still what you would have drafted but with some maturity. Felicio looks like a capable back up so why get rid of him and go look for another one. Zipser at least seems to play hard

Payne
Valentine
Lopez Felicio
Portis
Butler Zipser

Don't rule out resigning Taj Gibson

Then you look for the best FA you can find and there are options. Jimmy allows any FA or draft choice to be a 2 or 3, or you can sign a 4 if he makes the most impact. Then look in the draft for the other position.

This plan needs Payne, Portis, Valentine and the draft picks to contribute.
Trading Jimmy gets you a couple of solid players but no stars and you're still gambling on the draft picks. And to me it doesn't matter if you gamble on the guy at 3, 6 or 15, they're all a gamble.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You can't be scared to bust on a pick, or worry about injury. That's a loser's mentality.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Wade done for the year you have to figure he wants to get out, unless he just wants to play here for the money and play another partial season before getting injured.

That means you get a big chunk of cap space to sign a FA. The problem is the Bulls have long had difficulties signing the big name FA's. I know trading Butler for the Boston bundle of picks and players sounds great but there's no guarantee the kid you draft is going to be a star any more than he'll get injured like Embid or Parker. So since you can't sign the big name FAs why not just keep Jimmy. He comes cheap as his contract is from the lower cap era. It doesn't look good for that SAC pick and since everybody else can see that it has no trade value.

Then clean house as much as possible.
They've traded McDermott,
Wade and Rondo gone
let Mirotic, Carter Williams and Grant go and let somebody else deal with the inconsistency
Morrow and Canaan are just journeyman,
Lauvergne is just taking up space
If anybody will get a 2nd round pick or if some team with salary issues wants to shed a very late 1st round pick package somebody with a 2nd round pick.

Just start with a pair of solid veterans, two of your own first round picks that have shown growth at times with playing time. Payne has never played many minutes so he's really still what you would have drafted but with some maturity. Felicio looks like a capable back up so why get rid of him and go look for another one. Zipser at least seems to play hard

Payne
Valentine
Lopez Felicio
Portis
Butler Zipser

Don't rule out resigning Taj Gibson

Then you look for the best FA you can find and there are options. Jimmy allows any FA or draft choice to be a 2 or 3, or you can sign a 4 if he makes the most impact. Then look in the draft for the other position.

This plan needs Payne, Portis, Valentine and the draft picks to contribute.
Trading Jimmy gets you a couple of solid players but no stars and you're still gambling on the draft picks. And to me it doesn't matter if you gamble on the guy at 3, 6 or 15, they're all a gamble.

good job. You convinced me. This team is going to suck for a long long long time.