Done with this team until under new leadership

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The league just sucks now. I was an avid NBA fan as a kid but just don't give a shit anymore.

Yep. It does suck and a lot of the reason is the construction by the players of "super-teams" via free agency and players demanding trades way too much. I don't know why some teams get any fans to watch their games because there are so many bad teams among them with no chance to win a play-off series let alone a championship.

Eventually this golden goose of a league will become unwatchable. It is already headed that way.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Eh, that is a very apples:eek:ranges comparison to most criticisms of WHY the modern league is top heavy.

The NBA is not competitive and everyone is asking for help. That is a more recent development. Once in a while asking for help, okay, whatever. But ALWAYS asking for help, or booking it to another team that is in the middle of personnel issues? Taking pay cuts to form super teams? No, this is NOT how the NBA has been for a long, long time.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/05...s-barkley-trade-draft-players-north-carolina/

Let me ask this. Does anyone think, ASIDE from injury skewing the dynamic, will any 8th or 7th seeds knock off a 1 or 2 in 2017?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Eh, that is a very apples:eek:ranges comparison to most criticisms of WHY the modern league is top heavy.

The NBA is not competitive and everyone is asking for help. That is a more recent development. Once in a while asking for help, okay, whatever. But ALWAYS asking for help, or booking it to another team that is in the middle of personnel issues? Taking pay cuts to form super teams? No, this is NOT how the NBA has been for a long, long time.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/05...s-barkley-trade-draft-players-north-carolina/

Let me ask this. Does anyone think, ASIDE from injury skewing the dynamic, will any 8th or 7th seeds knock off a 1 or 2 in 2017?

No.

The only chance would be the #2 seed in the East losing to #7. At this point, that would be the Bulls knocking off the Celtics...

Yeah, maybe there isn't a chance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No.

The only chance would be the #2 seed in the East losing to #7. At this point, that would be the Bulls knocking off the Celtics...

Yeah, maybe there isn't a chance.
The only way that sort of upset happens is if the Raptors are the 2nd seed playing the Bulls because for whatever reason they can't seem to beat us. But even then that's an empty victory because it's not like the Bulls are capable of some magic playoff run...everyone and their mom knows they'd just get smashed the next round.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
This thread is a good example of how the new generation of fans actually Suck! Give fans a MB or social media and they will let you know just how stupid they are!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This thread is a good example of how the new generation of fans actually Suck! Give fans a MB or social media and they will let you know just how stupid they are!

True. What's really crazy....as dumb as the fans are, the players are actually dumber. Wrap your head around that.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Cameron Payne was sent to the D-league. ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd just like to know when these idiotic people are going to realize that being at a Bulls game is not the place where they want to be....I just can't figure why they keep selling out the UC to see the shit show provided by GarPax.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The ultimate dream scenario is the Bulls actually wise up and trade Butler to Boston, and luck of the Gar strikes twice. A draft day of:

Fultz/Ball and Josh Jackson
Unfortunately this is GarPax we're talking about here so we will get no such thing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Unfortunately this is GarPax we're talking about here so we will get no such thing.

3 things I know for sure about this upcoming draft:
1. Josh Hart will be a Bull
2. Caleb Swannagan has San Antonio Spur written all over him
3. Jalen Rose will have the worst comparisons you could imagine.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you think Swanigan falls that far?

Josh Hart finished alot of games in spectacular fashion...amazing career. Too bad he played his last 2 minutes like a freshman High School player.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Was born in 77. So yeah, I grew up in the Jordan years and was spoiled as all hell. Not that that has anything to do with it.... :shifty:
Oh,cool. We're the same age. Happy 40th if you haven't had it already.

I stopped watching after the Jordan era. Sounds like I haven't missed much. Sucks that Bulls fans have a similar scenario as the Bears. Must be something in the water.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The official nba.com Bulls beat writers gave up on this team a long time ago.

If you notice, every time the Bulls lose, the headline is 'Bulls fall to TEAM'. Which is just a cut/paste headline. Plus, the Bulls have nothing in most of these games to coincide with any form of falling, that is just lazy journalism. ie: Bulls are in the 8th seed lose and drop to the 9th seed, this would be considered the most minimal "fall". It should really be used for teams at the top of their division/conference that 'fall' off the top.

But it's not just when they lose games...erm, fall games (according to Sam Smith). When they win, it's a mashed up, bad spell-checked article most of the time.

6xRhNlxl.png

Look at that first headline!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
True. What's really crazy....as dumb as the fans are, the players are actually dumber. Wrap your head around that.

What we should wrap our heads around is who is the dumbest. Maybe it's the NBA?! People hate the Bulls cuz they always try to put a winner on the court every year. Shouldn't that be the real way to field a team? But no, the fans hate the Bulls cuz they don't tank, or they don't win it all.

Is the real problem with Bulls trying to field a winner every season? I say no. The real real problem is the NBA, and how you need to tank, or have the homies all sign with the same team to see the same teams in the finals EVERY year!

Wrap your head around that!

God bless March Madness and the entertainment that brings every year! Pardon me for not wanting to see the Cavs and GS in the finals again.....