Done with this team until under new leadership

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't against trades. I was fine with trading butler and thought we should've traded wade. I was hopeful taj went to a playoff team bc he deserves it.

Why did GarPax trade two productive players and a pick for another team's trash?

Until we have a new prez, gm, and coach, I'm rather flippant on the bulls. I'd rather watch the bears. Or soccer. NASCAR. Korean water cricket. Anything that's actually competitive.

Good catching up.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Make The Bulls Great Again

its a shock someone has not made this hat

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The problem isn't the Bulls. Well, yes, they have a LOT of problems too. But it's really the league. Players don't want to compete. Gimme help, gimme help. Like a video game, force that trade or whatever. If the league was competitive, we could still enjoy basketball. But instead the league has turned into mush and drama. It's not a sport anymore, it's a confidence game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem isn't the Bulls. Well, yes, they have a LOT of problems too. But it's really the league. Players don't want to compete. Gimme help, gimme help. Like a video game, force that trade or whatever. If the league was competitive, we could still enjoy basketball. But instead the league has turned into mush and drama. It's not a sport anymore, it's a confidence game.

lol. Its swag meter? I thought we had 3 alphas and plenty of swag coming in...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't against trades. I was fine with trading butler and thought we should've traded wade. I was hopeful taj went to a playoff team bc he deserves it.

Why did GarPax trade two productive players and a pick for another team's trash?

Until we have a new prez, gm, and coach, I'm rather flippant on the bulls. I'd rather watch the bears. Or soccer. NASCAR. Korean water cricket. Anything that's actually competitive.

Good catching up.

(⌐■_■) ⌐■-■ ( •_•)(•_•)

X? Is that really you???????

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with you. They are the opposite of worth investing in emotionally. Don't even hope. Fuck that I don't need this right now. Its the only team I can be truly passionate about in basketball, but I'd rather be bemused by the story lines of others like Westbrook. I'll follow the two hardest workers we had in Oklahoma.

I think the Knicks are better than many think. Its weird they stuck together and kept Melo...but I'll watch that series.

The only reason I am ok with trading Jimmy Butler is I kind of dislike his leadership and ego. Not a big fan when he isn't on the court. I get it. He's "cool." Cool jackass's aren't a fave of many. Throwing people under the bus not named Gar Forman first and foremost. I would think if I was going to critique this franchise in any way it wouldn't be my own lockerroom, but start with where it should be directed.

The "Gar" in Garpax is the nightmare. If just he could be gone because I feel he has no place in a professional organization. The kind of honor in a man that deserves to be the one scrubbing the toilets, not calling shots.

Just do that one thing this off-season...and the Bulls will be tolerable.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The league just sucks now. I was an avid NBA fan as a kid but just don't give a shit anymore.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
X was great on the radio thing they were trying. That being said, Y and Z have been much more solid posters than he ever was.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, you're going to be done with this team for a long while then. Garpax are juiced in with the Reinsdorfs. They're not going anywhere.....and if you listen to the reports, Michael Reinsdorf, along with Gar, are fully opposed to a rebuild and trading Butler. This trade also saved the team a couple million I believe, which is probably another factor. The Bulls only care about profits and going full rebuild, will cut into those profits. I think Garpax get at LEAST 2 more seasons and even then....I could see Fred just getting the axe and Garpax hiding out, sheltered from any accountability they love to talk about.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, you're going to be done with this team for a long while then. Garpax are juiced in with the Reinsdorfs. They're not going anywhere.....and if you listen to the reports, Michael Reinsdorf, along with Gar, are fully opposed to a rebuild and trading Butler. This trade also saved the team a couple million I believe, which is probably another factor. The Bulls only care about profits and going full rebuild, will cut into those profits. I think Garpax get at LEAST 2 more seasons and even then....I could see Fred just getting the axe and Garpax hiding out, sheltered from any accountability they love to talk about.
Yep. It'll be awhile. I'll be sitting out until changes are made.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This idea that they are just looking to make ticket money doesn't seem to fit:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/15/nba-teams-can-still-pack-in-the-fans-even-if-they-dont-win.html

As a result, even some of the worst teams can draw big ticket sales. This means that the Chicago Bulls, a team that just missed the playoffs but features star point guard Derrick Rose, was the top-selling team of the 2016 season. In fact, the Bulls — who have made the playoffs for seven consecutive seasons — have been number one in season attendance for the past decade.

The Bulls have always drawn people to the UC, even during the Floyd years. There may be empty seats, but those tickets are sold. The problem, and we discuss this often, is that Gar Forman literally has no plan in place. This should have been evident when Pau wasn't traded last year. Why wasn't he? Well Gar wanted the cap space in the off-season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah people will always buy the tickets even if the seats are empty. It's not like we can boycott the team into making a change.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
JR will still make money with empty seats but they lose out on concessions and merchandise. Even if your team is bad, more people will show up if you have at least one exciting type player or "name" players. That's why I believe Michael Reinsdorf doesn't want to part with Jimmy because A. He's trying to make the playoffs and B. Jimmy Butler is a watchable player and good draw for fans. Besides that, even if the Bulls sell tickets, if the product is bad, they lose out on marketing deals and other endorsements. So while yes, the Bulls still sold out during the Baby Bull years, their profits were much higher when the team was actually winning. More fans actually in the seats, higher ticket prices, more people buying merch/booze/food etc.

EngineerGuY

Liked Posts:
Bulls make too much money, I don't see GarPax being fired anytime soon. The continue to be incompetent in the front office. Boycotting games and not buying merch will cause a small dent but nothing they care about. People will always buy tickets to games sadly. Here's top hoping! Definitely on the #FireGarPax train, even got my shirt hahaha.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Judging by the recent news that the ratings are at an 8 year low, I'd say you are not alone. There's nothing optimistic or exciting about this team. We all know where they'll be at the end of the year, and it is nowhere closer to a ring than at the beginning.