The QB fall scenario

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a QB doesn't go

1-2-3....

I think we could see something interesting. If you are in the market for a QB, there is a good chance you prefer Kaaya, Mahommes, or Webb to the big 3 of this draft.

That could cause a dilemna.

If Trubs is 6'1.75" or less, if Watson (who I think may be the lone first rounder) has any interview issues at all...anything bad happen or come out...

it will be interesting to see when the secondary players start the run.

Cleveland, 49ers, Bears may be content to let the market start pricing a bit....I don't know....if everybody has a favorite in the second 3...and the first domino won't fall...then everybody waits. Is that domino supposed to be Trubs or Watson? Gotta think somebody takes Watson in the teens at latest...I kinda hope we are the ones who do it.

Do we pass on Mike Brown because of a QB? Thats what we should be asking ourselves. Adams is the emotional leader we need to ignite the entire defense. Together with Freeman, Long, Golman and some others this team could start to get juiced. That is more important than forcing the issue at QB. but...

I could see Pace be the one that reaches at #35 in this scenario. If we could get the Adams/Watson combo I think we win the draft.

But I'd rather draft 2 starters, and then trade up from the third for whoever is remaining after the first run on Qb's in the second round.

Let Kizer/Trubs/Watson/Webb all go somewhere...and be the super balls poker face guy that trades from round 3, up to pick 55 for Kaaya or Mahommes.

AussieBear

i dont mind waiting on qb.. but at the same time.. i think the bears compete if they bulk up that d next year and get lucky by staying healthy on both sides of the ball.. howard stays howard

and have a qb who can mange the game.. 2 to 1 td/int ratio..

id like them to trade down several times.. building tons of picks in rds 2-5

then like you... all out in 2018 for a young qb... in theory, the d will be in place, the line will be solid, rb will be good...then in 18.. the priority could just be qb, adding mo pass rushers like every year should be and a wr/te.. hell use multiple picks to go up to 1...

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Isn't Meredith really the only QB that is under contract and healthy right now?

Pace is going to shock the world.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think Pace should go RB sometime early maybe the 3rd. Howard is a beast, but you gotta keep him fresh and Langford is not good. Carey gets injured all the time. Two headed monster in the backfield and run the goalline formation 50 times a game.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
And get a damn bonafide FB on the team for once.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cross our fingers and pray.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i dont mind waiting on qb.. but at the same time.. i think the bears compete if they bulk up that d next year and get lucky by staying healthy on both sides of the ball.. howard stays howard

then like you... all out in 2018 for a young qb... in theory, the d will be in place, the line will be solid, rb will be good...then in 18.. the priority could just be qb, adding mo pass rushers like every year should be and a wr/te.. hell use multiple picks to go up to 1...

I don't have high confidence in ownership to listen to the extremely loud Chicago sensationalistic uniforming media and resulting meatball fanbase's reaction to another subpar year. Hopefeully even with moderately reasonable health and an underwhelming game manager bridge QB, they should be at least 6-8 win team or more.

Too many irrational fans want a QB at any cost and don't understand draft value or assume that Pace will "want his guy", so "don't risk losing out on his guy", value be damned, even if that guy is very likely to be there at trade-down. Tons of erroneous assumptions that put Pace in a Lose-Lose scenario unless he somehow strikes gold with a huge reach on an underwhelming QB talent pool that some say doesn't include any 1st Rd. NFL-ready talent.

Isn't Meredith really the only QB that is under contract and healthy right now?

Pace is going to shock the world.

haha. Fales is listed as #2 behind Cutty.

Shaw gone? They seemed to like him until he broke his leg preseason right?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If a QB doesn't go

1-2-3....

I think we could see something interesting. If you are in the market for a QB, there is a good chance you prefer Kaaya, Mahommes, or Webb to the big 3 of this draft.

That could cause a dilemna.

If Trubs is 6'1.75" or less, if Watson (who I think may be the lone first rounder) has any interview issues at all...anything bad happen or come out...

it will be interesting to see when the secondary players start the run.

Cleveland, 49ers, Bears may be content to let the market start pricing a bit....I don't know....if everybody has a favorite in the second 3...and the first domino won't fall...then everybody waits. Is that domino supposed to be Trubs or Watson? Gotta think somebody takes Watson in the teens at latest...I kinda hope we are the ones who do it.

Do we pass on Mike Brown because of a QB? Thats what we should be asking ourselves. Adams is the emotional leader we need to ignite the entire defense. Together with Freeman, Long, Golman and some others this team could start to get juiced. That is more important than forcing the issue at QB. but...

I could see Pace be the one that reaches at #35 in this scenario. If we could get the Adams/Watson combo I think we win the draft.

But I'd rather draft 2 starters, and then trade up from the third for whoever is remaining after the first run on Qb's in the second round.

Let Kizer/Trubs/Watson/Webb all go somewhere...and be the super balls poker face guy that trades from round 3, up to pick 55 for Kaaya or Mahommes.

I'm just trying to imagine how bad Watson's combine, pro days and interviews would have to be for him to fall to the second round. Short of telling all 32 GMs to go fuck themselves, I'm not sure how this happens.

I'm not a fan of the hoping for someone to fall plan. It's way too passive for an organisation that has literally nothing at the position. As much as I'd love to take Adams, I am not waiting around to see which QB is still around by the time we pick in the second. Because the answer could be Kaaya and you can't roll with a QB that can't handle pressure, Hoyer and Shaw. Everyone will get fired.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I don't have high confidence in ownership to listen to the extremely loud Chicago sensationalistic uniforming media and resulting meatball fanbase's reaction to another subpar year. Hopefeully even with moderately reasonable health and an underwhelming game manager bridge QB, they should be at least 6-8 win team or more.

Too many irrational fans want a QB at any cost and don't understand draft value or assume that Pace will "want his guy", so "don't risk losing out on his guy", value be damned, even if that guy is very likely to be there at trade-down. Tons of erroneous assumptions that put Pace in a Lose-Lose scenario unless he somehow strikes gold with a huge reach on an underwhelming QB talent pool that some say doesn't include any 1st Rd. NFL-ready talent.

I think you make two false, sorry erroneous (why use a short word when a fancy one will do), assumptions...

1. That people, like me, who want Pace to pick a QB, don't understand draft value. I understand it, but I also understand that the need to have a functional QB after two years not drafting one, trumps value at this position.
2. That Pace can 100% survive another shitshow without a developmental QB in place. If we go 6-10 or worse and have no-one to give snaps to that is worth a damn towards the end of the season, he should be fired in my opinion. And I say this as a fan of his.

We keep hearing lots of people say that you keep drafting a QB until you hit on one. This is probably close to a consensus opinion among people who know the league. Yet here we have people advocating FAs with low ceilings like Glennon or maybe picking up whoever is left in the second round, or worse, waiting until the mid rounds. If you have your guy like the Packers or the Patriots then fine, take a shot, but you can't go dumpster diving for someone to lead your franchise. Value only comes into it if you have two guys rated similarly like, say Jimmy and Watson/Kizer.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
It's weird to go into a season and the only qb we have signed is Shaw I think so far....i love it.. but just the idea though that we are in year 3 of a rebuild then it makes me sick..oh well..fucki g hate losing this long..depressing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its possible the Fournette selection could hold tremendous value to someone and almost force Pace to trade down...if say he really likes Adams/Allen/Lattimore/Hooker and has good discussions with Fangio about their value to the defense and its all high...well, it will be hard to turn down a fat offer, but it might have to be really fat if he likes a QB.

I don't know. Its a fluid thing and we will have to see on draft day. Every decision will impact the next domino and change the direction...just have to wait and see what draft day brings, what offers come, and do your homework, have a good idea of player value relative to each other and just keep trusting that system as he has in previous drafts.

Watson is awfully tempting.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I think you make two false, sorry erroneous (why use a short word when a fancy one will do), assumptions...

1. That people, like me, who want Pace to pick a QB, don't understand draft value. I understand it, but I also understand that the need to have a functional QB after two years not drafting one, trumps value at this position.
2. That Pace can 100% survive another shitshow without a developmental QB in place. If we go 6-10 or worse and have no-one to give snaps to that is worth a damn towards the end of the season, he should be fired in my opinion. And I say this as a fan of his.

We keep hearing lots of people say that you keep drafting a QB until you hit on one. This is probably close to a consensus opinion among people who know the league. Yet here we have people advocating FAs with low ceilings like Glennon or maybe picking up whoever is left in the second round, or worse, waiting until the mid rounds. If you have your guy like the Packers or the Patriots then fine, take a shot, but you can't go dumpster diving for someone to lead your franchise. Value only comes into it if you have two guys rated similarly like, say Jimmy and Watson/Kizer.
Well-put,and pretty much how I feel.