Congrats Pace! You Are Not the Worst GM in Chicago!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hahn has been pretty awful and finally after seeing the Cubs claim to victory after tanking and seeing how an Cy Young caliber Ace doesn't do enough to drive in fans when you stink, that he got the drive to firesale.

And what was the whole weird manager chaos they had. Is Robin still around? That was just a mess

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

A lot of their moves reeked of Kenny Williams 200%. I'm not even a Sox fan, but you could see from a mile away that Williams had his hands all over the Sox moves, much like you can see Theo's hand prints all over the Cubs, despite Jed being the actual GM. Prior to that there was word that Hahn has been trying to tear it down for a couple years now. As for Ventura, I think it was Jerry that was keeping him around. He always has a soft spot for his guys. We'll know for sure soon, but it looks like Hahn finally has control over the Sox moves.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace needs to go to Red Lobster and buy Gar Forman's ugly ass a $50.00 gift certificate. Because Gar Forman sucks so bad at GM'ing - and is uglier than a shit taken after a Taco Bell run -- Ryan Pace looks like a HOF front office exec.

Draft a WR with a peg leg 7th overall? No problem!
Fail to acquire a QB last year? No problem!
Draft a midget center from Oregon in the 3rd round? It's all good!
Sign Massey and Royal?

Because Gar Forman sucks balls. The happiest person in the world right now should be Ryan Pace. He's not the reigning idiot of Chicago GM's. And if Pace has a good draft and signs a few FA's -- he could end up 3rd behind Theo/Jed and Bowman and ahead of Gar Forman and possibly even Hahn.

This is off topic. . .

. . . Urblock, do your doodie . . .

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't be so cocky. 3 championships and a dynasty still running

1. Bowman
1B. Epstein

3. Pace

5. Garpax
5. Hahn/Williams

I'd put Bowman above Epstein by a bit because I think that the salary cap in hockey really is tough to win consistently let alone create the dynasty that Bowman and company put together. I also think that Hahn is doing a good job over-all dealing with a miser owner and Williams to boot.

By far the worse, is Gar/Pax. They had a very good team with a great coach and pissed it away with shit draft picks, terrible trades, and running a great coach out of town. IT would be tough to find a worse Pres/GM duo in all of sports than those two.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahn has been pretty awful and finally after seeing the Cubs claim to victory after tanking and seeing how an Cy Young caliber Ace doesn't do enough to drive in fans when you stink, that he got the drive to firesale.

And what was the whole weird manager chaos they had. Is Robin still around? That was just a mess

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

I don't see it that way at all. He is dealing with an idiot for an owner who wanted Robin as his manager. He made some very smart trades and drafted well. But Robin was shit as a manager and Reinny wouldn't spend money to make the team a contender. Hahn did the best he could but giving up a top three AL pitcher was a garbage decision done by an owner with no balls.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Lol bowman inherited 'much' of that team is a wild understatement. He inherited: Toews, Kane, seabrook, Keith, Hossa, bolland, niemi, Crawford, Campbell, big buff, Andrew Ladd, hjamlmarsson.

He inherited the entire dynasty, drafted saad, and then traded him for a bag of pucks. Great GMing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd put Bowman above Epstein by a bit because I think that the salary cap in hockey really is tough to win consistently let alone create the dynasty that Bowman and company put together. I also think that Hahn is doing a good job over-all dealing with a miser owner and Williams to boot.

By far the worse, is Gar/Pax. They had a very good team with a great coach and pissed it away with shit draft picks, terrible trades, and running a great coach out of town. IT would be tough to find a worse Pres/GM duo in all of sports than those two.

What's worse than those two is the owner who continues to let them destroy his franchise without any repercussions.

Bigdaddybear

Liked Posts:
Yeah because inheriting the mess that is the Chicago Bears franchise is such an easy thing to do. Plus if I recall it took Epstein six years to put together the current Cubs roster. So have patience cause it is going to be a bumpy ride.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah because inheriting the mess that is the Chicago Bears franchise is such an easy thing to do. Plus if I recall it took Epstein six years to put together the current Cubs roster. So have patience cause it is going to be a bumpy ride.

At the same time it seems like the Bears are just treading water. It seems like everytime they add someone to be excited about someone talented walks out.

Add that to a pathetic 9-23 record, no future at the QB position, and a coaching staff that does not inspire a ton of faith and I can totally understand why people would be frustrated with how this is going.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

5756468a882b7_357868b.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Building a baseball organization from the ground up is more difficult than building a football organization from the ground up. Pace doesn't need to worry about a minor league system or international scouting.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol bowman inherited 'much' of that team is a wild understatement. He inherited: Toews, Kane, seabrook, Keith, Hossa, bolland, niemi, Crawford, Campbell, big buff, Andrew Ladd, hjamlmarsson.

He inherited the entire dynasty, drafted saad, and then traded him for a bag of pucks. Great GMing.

Yes because Anisimov has been terrible. /end sarcasm

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
lol what? He legitimately inherited the entire team. He inherited a culture that FA's want sign with to get a chance at winning the cup. He traded away one of the most talented young players (albeit in large part due to salary cap), and you think anisimov is anywhere near the player saad is??

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
lol what? He legitimately inherited the entire team. He inherited a culture that FA's want sign with to get a chance at winning the cup. He traded away one of the most talented young players (albeit in large part due to salary cap), and you think anisimov is anywhere near the player saad is??

Half of the Top 6 right now are Bowman acquisitions.

If only there was some other part of this very message board where you could talk about such things ... :thinking:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Of course the top 6 are players that bowman acquired, he's been around for quite a while now. How about how many olympians, Norris trophy winners, MVPs are on the hawks due to bowman compared to dale tallon? Remember Patrick sharp? Players like panarin are acquired because they want to play with the likes of Kane and toews, not because of bowman.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Bowman inherited several HOF players so a lot of heavy lifting was done before him. But he made some top shelf moves himself. Signing Panarin, drafting Saad, acquiring Vermette, etc. Bowman's a damn good GM.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bowman inherited several HOF players so a lot of heavy lifting was done before him. But he made some top shelf moves himself. Signing Panarin, drafting Saad, acquiring Vermette, etc. Bowman's a damn good GM.

Yep. And when you take a look at the young studs that they appear to have in their system, the future looks very bright also even with the expansion coming up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the same time it seems like the Bears are just treading water. It seems like everytime they add someone to be excited about someone talented walks out.

Add that to a pathetic 9-23 record, no future at the QB position, and a coaching staff that does not inspire a ton of faith and I can totally understand why people would be frustrated with how this is going.

It was a mistake to bring Fox in as Head Coach and that decision alone cost the Bears two years in any legitimate rebuild. It is hard for me to take the notion that the Bears are better than they were two years ago. I don't see it and knowing how shitty they were two years ago it is pretty much a crime. 3-13 and without a quarterback is pretty much as low as it gets.

The Bears need something significant and dynamic to turn things around and I think that it should be to bring in a top notch football guy to run the organization. It should have happened five or so years ago when the team started its awful descent into the bottom of the NFL. That was when a big time re-build should have happened. Instead we got a parade of intelligence lacking half measures trotted forward. People with no clue for what it takes to win consistently. Maybe they ought to hire Rocky Wirtz and Scotty Bowman for a bit to interview people for the front office and coaching positions? I'm only half kidding but the Bears are an on-going train wreck.