IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 2/26 at 6:30 p.m.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not just tonight...

TVR had been having a great 3-4 games prior to tonight.... I can recall him personally saving 3 goals in those 3-4 games.

He was really stepping his game up, undoubtedly why Q tried pairing him with Keith.

I was hoping to see him and Hammer in a 2nd pairing role, but Q went with him next to Keith all night.

TVR can be a top 4 D man IMO

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
TVR had been having a great 3-4 games prior to tonight.... I can recall him personally saving 3 goals in those 3-4 games.

He was really stepping his game up, undoubtedly why Q tried pairing him with Keith.

I was hoping to see him and Hammer in a 2nd pairing role, but Q went with him next to Keith all night.

He has moments sure... Not consistent enough to be a top four on a team with cup aspirations in my opinion. He needs to do it more often and with more regularity than he's shown. He might need another year, I don't know. He missed a lot of games that first year. Seems like he tries to do too much at times instead of making the smarter simpler play. Like knowing when you need to make a change and just clear the zone instead of looking for that home run pass.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has moments sure... Not consistent enough to be a top four on a team with cup aspirations in my opinion. He needs to do it more often and with more regularity than he's shown. He might need another year, I don't know. He missed a lot of games that first year. Seems like he tries to do too much at times instead of making the smarter simpler play. Like knowing when you need to make a change and just clear the zone instead of looking for that home run pass.

I agree he needs consistency, but he showed a high level for like 4 straight games.... Q tried him in the top pairs a bit in the last game and he was playing really well.... I don't blame Q for trying him next to Keith.... I remember Keith making Brookbank look like Seabrook in that playoff game when Seabs was suspended, so I can imagine Q licking his chops if TVR could turn into a top 4 D man next to Keith, then have Hammer/Seabs/Kempny/Campbell.

I think TVR is on his way to being a more consistent player and I don't think he is far off from being a top 4 D man if he can cut out some of the bonehead stuff and become consistent.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong...I understand the move with Jammer being out and you want to see if he can produce on the top pairing to know what you have come playoff time. They are fortunate to have the lead in the Central to be able to do that. Tonight was very bad, here's hoping he can put it behind him and get back to what he was doing and be more consistent.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
New guy looked a little lost out there tonight. Probably needs sometime to get used to the way things are done here...not sure if Q is patient enough to give him that time.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Decent enough win, and it warms the cockles of my heart to see our 10.5M Wunderkinder playing like 10.5M Wunderkinder.

This game is all the more reason though that TVR, and nor Hartman, should be exposed to Vegas.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They couldn't even do that without extending Rozi or Campbell to fill the exposed gap.

Not that anyone should be shocked if Rozi comes back... I mean come on they'd be losing TVR so of course they will. The whoever broadcaster of national coverage even gets it and said in the game as long as Q is coaching the Hawks will have Rosival around

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If true I would think we find a way to not expose him to Vegas.

I don't know if he has the physical tools to be a reliable top 4 over a season. I like him as a 3rd pairing guy who can play some top 4 in a pinch, and is a plus guy on third pairing to where you can reduce some top pairing minutes and trust it a bit.

I just don't see us ever being able to ask the top 4 to do what they did in 2015.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New guy looked a little lost out there tonight. Probably needs sometime to get used to the way things are done here...not sure if Q is patient enough to give him that time.

Too soft on the puck. He looks to need an off-season to get stronger, learn the system, get comfortable and work hard on some weak areas with his new coaches eyes.

perhaps he could get comfortable, and make some minor adjustments and it would change everything...but given his set back (double entente),

get him wet with the Hawks. Get his exposure requirment, and honestly next year

Turko/Debricat will be worth the price of admission in Rockford. Should be able to count on 3 points a game between them. If Hino were to play some games down there, it would get real exciting.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well darling will be in for a HUGE pay-day as a starter somewhere next year.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

I don't think it is going to be as big as you are thinking...and don't be surprised if it is as a starter for the Blackhawks. Cap Hell might make that move happen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I missed who the backup goalie was last night?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think it is going to be as big as you are thinking...and don't be surprised if it is as a starter for the Blackhawks. Cap Hell might make that move happen.

Maaaaaan I see people making that connection for some cap relief but I'm just not sure about how well Darling would hold up over the course of a full NHL season as the No. 1 goalie.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why I don't understand why we don't trade Darling for picks to SOMEONE? and get something to help the team for him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trade Crow?!! Sign Darling?

omg.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Maaaaaan I see people making that connection for some cap relief but I'm just not sure about how well Darling would hold up over the course of a full NHL season as the No. 1 goalie.

I don't know how well Darling would hold up either, but I can assure you that it has been spoken about at some length as a possible option. A lot would have to happen (As it does for most trades) but it is certainly a possibility. The cap forces teams into decisions like these and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Probably sent him back down already? I was just curious if it was one of those... BREAK OUT THE EQUIPMENT MANAGER! type things.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nah, it took him until a couple hours before to get there and it was goalie coach Jimmy Waite in the morning skate but once again he'd be too expensive to be an emergency goalie since he's am ex player, he'd count against the cap for the game to dress

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't know how well Darling would hold up either, but I can assure you that it has been spoken about at some length as a possible option. A lot would have to happen (As it does for most trades) but it is certainly a possibility. The cap forces teams into decisions like these and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

At low-ball You can assume Darling will get a min of 2MAAV--this is comparable to Emery's 2014 deal.

As for the possibility of moving Crawford, his L-NTC, NMC, and the UFA goalie market this summer might make that difficult. He *has* to be protected in expansion and is under no obligation to waive his NMC. I believe his L-NTC is something like 5-6 teams he'll accept a trade to--but I read that awhile ago so I could be wrong and if his list is LA, NYR, Washinton, Boston, Nashville, or Montreal (all teams with an expensive netminder signed for the duration), he might be immovable.

Note...not impossible, but difficult. Plus, given that you're looking at a netminder with hardware Stan would have to be guano to part with him for something like a 3rd. Ergo, something is going to have to come back and likely it will be someone on the roster and then some (ditto for all of the core in a potential move).

I have faith that Darling, if tapped, can be effective as long as our skater core doesn't play like last season. The thing then would be finding a reasonable take for Craqwford and right now only Calgary comes to mind. But, why would Calgary give up assets to take on Crawford when they could have Darling, Bishop, Bernier, Mason, Miller, etc. for free and possibly cheaper?

That will come into play.