Fuck the division among the fan base....let's simplify the question

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So uhh.....do you guys trust Pace or not? The question wasn't to bring forth your couch GMing skills but your overall confidence in Pace.....

Best-Trust-Quotes-Ever.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Many of us haven't had a particular must do at QB other than something significant and Pace having a plan and executing it. I'll judge after the fact. I have my preferences but won't crucify anyone over this as long as I see something significantly positive happen.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
I trust Pace not to take Garoppolo for our #3 pick in the draft.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Kevin white was a roll of the dice on a high ceiling player in the first round. It's never a sure thing and so far it hasnt worked on that pick. The rest of his draft picks have been somewhere between fine and amazing. This year or next he has to draft a QB that will be promoted to be the starter of the future.

Yeah, I trust that he does his homework and picks players he believes in. He hasnt taken any pointless risks on draftees, and nearly all of the players he has gotten fit the kinds of systems our coaches are trying to implement. If we keep this run-first offense and strong defense, a young QB can be successful here. I trust that he will pick a good one (especially because his name will be tied to whatever rookie QB he gets)

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
My problem with trusting Pace is he backed himself into this corner, he did nothing for 2 years. Now he is forced to make a choice that will determine his job status and that of a whole coaching staff. (I don't trust Pace) and Pace won't trust Pace either. Well get 2 QBs. 1 traded 1 drafted.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pace seems to be very consciousness about things and very prudent in his decisions. He may take "slight gambles" in free agency, as far as 2nd and 3rd tier players are concerned, but the dollars are extremely manageable and the years are 2 or less in GTD money. I know Pace realizes the weight of the QB decision and as of now, I trust him to right the ship. Obviously, that could change...but right now, I think Pace is a young, competent and savvy GM who should only get better as time goes on.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Let's see:
- 9-23 record
- Has done nothing in two years with a crappy QB situation.
- Hosed up a solid WR group.
- Got lucky that Sitton fell in his lap.
- Has one bad draft and one good draft.
- Has a lot of empty seats in the stands.
- Had a head coach forced on him that most don't care for and who apparently has too much say in matters.
- Has had some good and bad in FA, but ignoring the secondary last year was a fail.

I'm still hopeful for Mr. Pace, but he has a loooong way to go for me to trust him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My problem with trusting Pace is he backed himself into this corner, he did nothing for 2 years. Now he is forced to make a choice that will determine his job status and that of a whole coaching staff. (I don't trust Pace) and Pace won't trust Pace either. Well get 2 QBs. 1 traded 1 drafted.

So what top QB other than Prescott could he have secured? Right or wrong, Prescott may have been off our board. Lynch in place of Floyd? I get it and would have taken a couple shots at mid rounders but really, it's an extremely uncommon solution.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Let's see:
- 9-23 record
- Has done nothing in two years with a crappy QB situation.
- Hosed up a solid WR group.
- Got lucky that Sitton fell in his lap.
- Has one bad draft and one good draft.
- Has a lot of empty seats in the stands.
- Had a head coach forced on him that most don't care for and who apparently has too much say in matters.

- Has had some good and bad in FA, but ignoring the secondary last year was a fail.

I'm still hopeful for Mr. Pace, but he has a loooong way to go for me to trust him.

Pace inherited a travesty of a roster. He's added quite a bit of talent and depth in 2 years....there's a lot of work to be done, but it's headed in the right direction.

As far as him "having a head coach forced on him" how would that be an indictment on Pace (even if true)? If upper management wants to force coaching decisions on their hired football minds, that's on the upper management, not on Pace. Either way, it's clear that Pace had a vision of gutting the team, bringing in youth and guys that fit his "Bears makeup" profile, and went into it with the long haul approach and accepting a step back or speed bump in the road. Now stacked with an arsenal of cap room and a premium pick in the draft, this is a GIGANTIC off-season for Pace. Anything less than a triple is a let down.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want us to draft God at QB!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I want us to draft God at QB!

God would be a good choice. Unfortunately, there's only about 2-3 "god-like" QBs in the league (Rodgers, Brady, Ryan). God definitely doesn't exist in this draft.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I think I trust pave to build our defense and offensive line. QB? I don't know. He's got several options to upgrade so pick one and roll with it. I just can't stomach any more pathetic defensive efforts anymore

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AussieBear

for some reason i dont feel like pace has complete control...

who was really behind the white pick????

22177b82-baf6-4f5c-a054-eede7125184e.jpg

aintz gonna sit here and say i hated the hire.. but was it paces guy

fox_12516.jpg

who been holding on to this guy... im sure pace would have gave 7 firsts for mariota..

tumblr_msoa7inEFq1rge9rdo1_500.jpg

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I trust Ryan Pace has a plan. I can sit here and hopefully speculate but in the end I trust he has had a plan for a while now on what he wants to do. Make no mistake, it wasn't coincidence that Pace scheduled a week of practice with the Patriots in the preseason. It was no mistake that although the Bears were rumored to have had interviewed and/or worked out the second most QBs last year that they decided to pass. Pace knew Cutler's contract would make it easier for us to wait a year and it is likely he felt good about options this offseason.

Plan A - Garroppollo
Plan B - Watson

Mitch Trubisky wasn't on the radar much before this season and I think the staff made a decision concerning these two guys last year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just get a QB that doesn't suck ass.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I made a thread about this after Pace was hired. He's the youngest GM in the league, and his brain is probably still under-developed compared to the older (wiser) GMs. I do not trust Pace now, but perhaps if his brain matures properly we can confidently put our trust in him in 10-15 years.

AussieBear

Just get a QB that doesn't suck ass.

i can almost agree with that..

but i either want them to #1 pick suck or compete and make the playoffs... i dont care much about what names/positions it takes to make either happen