WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just get a QB that doesn't suck ass.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I made a thread about this after Pace was hired. He's the youngest GM in the league, and his brain is probably still under-developed compared to the older (wiser) GMs. I do not trust Pace now, but perhaps if his brain matures properly we can confidently put our trust in him in 10-15 years.

AussieBear

Just get a QB that doesn't suck ass.

i can almost agree with that..

but i either want them to #1 pick suck or compete and make the playoffs... i dont care much about what names/positions it takes to make either happen

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as my trust in Pace, I believe he has the ability to properly judge players. I don't believe he is anything special at this point from a GM standpoint. Regardless of what his previous draft choices or FA pickups he will be defined by what the Bears do for the QB position this year.

He could pick up the right guy or not. I don't think he would do anything Cleveland stupid at the QB position so there is hope he could do the right thing.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Still to early to say i trust him

First draft sucked
Second draft was good
Udfa have been non existent (and they're needed when you have a a shitty roster)
Qb's on the roster leave alot to be desired and 2 years in he still needs to address that
He still have tons of holes on the roster that require attention (safety cb qb te wr if alshon leaves)

After 2 years I would have hoped the holes on the roster would have been cut down substantially.

If he rolls into the year with Hoyer barkley and kaaya/Peterman he's likely going to enter year 4 with the QB position still being an unknown (I can't see him going that route.....he needs an immediate trade for a starter or pull the trigger on someone at 3

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Do I trust Pace? Not really. I'm still unsure of his plan. He made a shit coaching hire and followed it up with a complete shit of a draft. Then last year, he had an awesome draft. He's avoided the QB position but hasn't really built up the rest of the team either. I could understand doing one or the other, but Pace seems to be continually filling holes that he himself has created. I guess the answer is, I'm wary of his decisions. Not all in, not all out. Jury is still out.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Still to early to say i trust him

First draft sucked
Second draft was good
Udfa have been non existent (and they're needed when you have a a shitty roster)
Qb's on the roster leave alot to be desired and 2 years in he still needs to address that
He still have tons of holes on the roster that require attention (safety cb qb te wr if alshon leaves)

After 2 years I would have hoped the holes on the roster would have been cut down substantially.

If he rolls into the year with Hoyer barkley and kaaya/Peterman he's likely going to enter year 4 with the QB position still being an unknown (I can't see him going that route.....he needs an immediate trade for a starter or pull the trigger on someone at 3

Cam Meredith is a home run UDFA...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The situation for this year at QB, is BAD.
This is a weak draft for QB, and the FAs that are available are going to cost too much or are not any better than Hoyer/Shaw/Barkley/Cutler.

I trust that Pace is losing sleep knowing the he has to polish a turd or he will likely lose his job.

I do trust Pace, but he is up shit creek.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's clearly a huge year for Pace both in the draft and in FA but last year he started to put some of the pieces in place that could mean a bright future for the team and gives me confidence that he can really push on this year. Taking an aged and creaking squad with a few dominant (and possibly divisive) personalities to a far younger group that can be developed and enhanced with fresh talent offers hope for the future. It also suggests to me that he has the confidence of management to undertake a comprehensive rebuild - and that was what was required - rather than come up with a short term fix.

If he could find the right QB solution for the long term, then I fully believe he could be the right man to take the team forward and actually build a squad that could be competitive over a sustained period. In that respect I hope he chooses the option of drafting a QB high this year rather than mortgaging the future on a Garoppolo deal with the Pats! Simply because if it doesn't work out then at least you can go back in next year for a second attempt (with a likely high pick) rather than be tied to one player who would likely cost multiple picks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Overall, I like what Pace is doing but I see 2 big mistakes so far. Not transitioning AJ last year and a GM that has professed to taking QBs often not selecting Prescott in 4. If not great, Prescott would be serviceable in most any O.

I can look the other way on Prescott as upper management may have said to avoid him but unless he was just buying a year of service, how did he expect the AJ situation to change. There were no more prove it years for him because he sure didn't prove anything last year and has not dropped in value. If you actually wanted to keep him long term, even if he wanted a warmer weather team, transitioning him last year was how to get it done. If you didn't want to match some crazy huge deal, the writing was on the wall anyway.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The situation for this year at QB, is BAD.
This is a weak draft for QB, and the FAs that are available are going to cost too much or are not any better than Hoyer/Shaw/Barkley/Cutler.

I trust that Pace is losing sleep knowing the he has to polish a turd or he will likely lose his job.

I do trust Pace, but he is up shit creek.

Said every years since 1983....

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
Said every years since 1983....

Honestly... that is a really good point. The Bears gotta take a shot. I like to believe we purposefully fielded a bad squad last year so as to make sure we were in as good a position as possible to secure a starting caliber NFL quarterback for 2017.