Oduya coming back to Chicago

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Big time move for the Hawks. While Keith and Seabrook are not the same players they were in 2015 -- we essentially won the Cup with three D-men. If Nic comes back at some point, we'll have more depth on the back end then we've had in a long time. Keith, Seabrook, TVR, Oduya, Nic, Campbell, Kempny, etc.

We're going to be really, really tough this year. Getting eliminated early last post season was the best thing that happened to our guys. We were running on fumes after winning the Cup in 2015, going to game 7 against LA in the conference Finals in 2014 and winning the Cup in 2013. Plus now we have more depth.

What team honestly wants to play us?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's back for another Cup run. LET'S GO! :hawkbang:

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Just kinda have that feeling again this year. Doesn't mean we'll win the Cup but man, its hard not to have that feeling again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The nice thing about the Hawks is that at least you can feel that you are legitimately in the running...not like that other scrub team that plays at the UC.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Big time move for the Hawks. While Keith and Seabrook are not the same players they were in 2015 -- we essentially won the Cup with three D-men. If Nic comes back at some point, we'll have more depth on the back end then we've had in a long time. Keith, Seabrook, TVR, Oduya, Nic, Campbell, Kempny, etc.

We're going to be really, really tough this year. Getting eliminated early last post season was the best thing that happened to our guys. We were running on fumes after winning the Cup in 2015, going to game 7 against LA in the conference Finals in 2014 and winning the Cup in 2013. Plus now we have more depth.

What team honestly wants to play us?

Winnipeg?

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Good pickup and the price was pretty low. Instantly feel better about the blue line once Hjammer gets back. TVR can move back to the third pairing. If we beat the Penguins tonight...Lookout!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All hail Stanbow!!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Soooo... seriously. everything aside, is Johnny actually playing well? I haven't cared enough about him to follow. And only really pay attention to other teams when they play that hawks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Q told the media today that he envisions a reunion of the Oduya/Hjammer pairing, so that likely also means Keith/Seabrook are back together again as well. And then the third pairing will be some combo of Kempny/Campbell/Rozi/TVR/Forsling

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooo... seriously. everything aside, is Johnny actually playing well? I haven't cared enough about him to follow. And only really pay attention to other teams when they play that hawks.

His Point Share totals last year were at a 4.1, which was better than the two Cup years he had in '13 and '15, but Dallas as a team last year was much better. His PS this season so far is a 1.1, which basically means he's on pace for about a 2.4 (on a mediocre Stars team), which I see that elevating once he's in a red sweater.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Q told the media today that he envisions a reunion of the Oduya/Hjammer pairing, so that likely also means Keith/Seabrook are back together again as well. And then the third pairing will be some combo of Kempny/Campbell/Rozi/TVR/Forsling

giphy.gif

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I think the biggest thing concerning Oduya right now is how he deals with the ankle injury that I read has nagged him for a while. I don't remember him having any injury problems in his last go-around here.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think the biggest thing concerning Oduya right now is how he deals with the ankle injury that I read has nagged him for a while. I don't remember him having any injury problems in his last go-around here.

Ohhh god... it all makes sense now. He came back for Pawel Prylinski!