Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Better than trading 2 first rounders for him. Bears been on that path before.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots
The Boston Herald's Jeff Howe insists a Jimmy Garoppolo trade is "still in play" despite Wednesday reports the Patriots aren't expected to deal him.
The Pats leaking word they don't intend to trade Garoppolo only strengthens their position and could have been a leverage-aimed move. "Let's not pretend the Pats are hanging up the phone when teams call," Howe wrote. Howe believes New England would be "happy" to keep Garoppolo behind 39-year-old Tom Brady, but "they'd also be happy if a team met their trade demands." Garoppolo's trade-market price would almost certainly involve a first-round pick and more.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots
The Boston Herald's Jeff Howe insists a Jimmy Garoppolo trade is "still in play" despite Wednesday reports the Patriots aren't expected to deal him.
The Pats leaking word they don't intend to trade Garoppolo only strengthens their position and could have been a leverage-aimed move. "Let's not pretend the Pats are hanging up the phone when teams call," Howe wrote. Howe believes New England would be "happy" to keep Garoppolo behind 39-year-old Tom Brady, but "they'd also be happy if a team met their trade demands." Garoppolo's trade-market price would almost certainly involve a first-round pick and more.

So basically if you want Garoppolo, you'd better have a top 3 pick.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Do people really think Garropollo is so much better than Kizer, Watson or Trubisky? How do people even know that?

rather than trading 2 first round picks for Garropolo, why not just use a pick on one of the top 3 Qbs in this draft? Please explain to me slowly in simple words that a child could understand why exactly Garropolo is so much better than these guys

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Belichick says I want more

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is bullshit. I was told a JG trade was imminent. Hopefully no one falls for BB's bullshit as I'm tired of all this JG non-sense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do people really think Garropollo is so much better than Kizer, Watson or Trubisky? How do people even know that?

rather than trading 2 first round picks for Garropolo, why not just use a pick on one of the top 3 Qbs in this draft? Please explain to me slowly in simple words that a child could understand why exactly Garropolo is so much better than these guys

No one is trading 2x1st round picks for Garoppolo.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you'll weep when Pace doesn't get the Cincinatti back up which is what he is a back up.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ryan Hannable‏Verified account
@RyanHannable
Adam Schefter on @OMFonWEEI: "Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be on the Patriots in 2017 no matter who calls them and what anybody offers."

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw someone say earlier today that they would get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him if he leaves in FA.

If that's the case, and if they're only getting offers of a 2nd in the trade talks, it makes sense to hold on to him for insurance in case Brady gets injured and/or has a change of heart about his future.

I'm wondering if Beliechick's plan was to do the deal for a high enough pick that he could draft another "heir apparent" with the pick, and re-set the clock. If he's not getting that kind of offer, he might be saying forget it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I saw someone say earlier today that they would get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him if he leaves in FA.

If that's the case, and if they're only getting offers of a 2nd in the trade talks, it makes sense to hold on to him for insurance in case Brady gets injured and/or has a change of heart about his future.

I'm wondering if Beliechick's plan was to do the deal for a high enough pick that he could draft another "heir apparent" with the pick, and re-set the clock. If he's not getting that kind of offer, he might be saying forget it.
True, but those comp. picks are at the very end of round 3. Imo, there is a lot of value between an early second and late third.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

almost 2 rounds difference between 2nd round #36 and a compensatory pick in the 3rd (98-106), I'm not buying it for a moment, unless BB knows something we don't about Brady and retirement.