Low risk High reward @WR in FA

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
If Josh Gordon can reinstate, how would you feel of pace kicking the tires or WR still in his prime, that can replace Alshon numbers and physical attributes at the fraction of the price. As we saw last preseason he still has the "It" factor. Give a short deal with heavy incentives on playing time and production etc..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and leave a gaping hole when he gets suspended again.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
and leave a gaping hole when he gets suspended again.

Just like when Alshon is out with injury or on suspension. He's the perfect replacement!

If he's an unrestricted FA then hell yes I try to sign him. But I'd also try to keep our offense revolving around a strong ground game to insulate the team against the risks of suspension.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long as he's sharing.

Liked Posts:
The OP and the dope who started the Manziel thread must be brothers, while growing up both lived under power lines and ate lead paint chipd.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He hasn't played in the NFL in 2 years. He as a defiant and addictive personality. However this team is in a terrible spot so why not try anything to be back to 6 wins.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He'd be cheaper than Alshon, he's better than Alshon, and he's younger than Alshon.

Why not, especially if you plan on him being your 4th or 5th WR. His signing would need to be along with another free agent WR signing or drafting a young WR. If he actually gets it figured out, you have a legit #1 for a fraction of the cost.

edit: hell, if the Browns still have his rights, they are done with him I assume. So, Jay for Josh. You take our headache, we take yours.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He'd be cheaper than Alshon, he's better than Alshon, and he's younger than Alshon.

Why not, especially if you plan on him being your 4th or 5th WR. His signing would need to be along with another free agent WR signing or drafting a young WR. If he actually gets it figured out, you have a legit #1 for a fraction of the cost.

edit: hell, if the Browns still have his rights, they are done with him I assume. So, Jay for Josh. You take our headache, we take yours.

The biggest problem about the OPs post is the Browns still own the rights to Gordon.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
His "head" is not in the game. All the talent in the world and the guy just can't keep his shit together. Sad really......