The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Comes out tomorrow, I'll be getting the Wii U copy mainly because the Switch was rushed and isn't close to ready.

Anyway, lets talk about the game. It currently has a 98 on meta, with 53 positive, 0 negative, and 0 mixed reviews. Multiple outlets are claiming its the best game of all time. Crazy.

Anyone picking this up tomorrow?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't own a Wii.... have not had a Nintendo product since N64.... if it is really that good, maybe I pickup a Switch for my theater room to go along with my Xbox One...

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Used Wii U's are still in the $200 price range, so going for the Switch is the right call at $300 just be prepared to spend extra $$$ on all the extra shit Nintendo doesn't want to pay for (extra memory, legit controller.)

I'll post some impressions as soon as I can get a couple hours in...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Was watching a live stream. Looks like a load of fun. Every streamer just gets so immersed into the game, they don't bother seeking the story and just lose hours exploring the world before any progression. Just awesome how Miyamoto designed this one.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol yeah I saw that. You may get your wish, they already made Mario Maker, I'm sure Zelda Maker is in the making.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't own a Wii.... have not had a Nintendo product since N64.... if it is really that good, maybe I pickup a Switch for my theater room to go along with my Xbox One...

I've been thinking of getting a Switch for this game.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
dont give a shit about the switch nor the wii u, hence i dont have either one, but i am looking forward to people getting this working on cemu.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't want to buy a switch just for this. Maybe by the time Mario Odyssey is out, the library will make it worthwhile and I'll have more time on my hands.

I have a Wii U, love it and IMO it will go down as one of the best consoles of all time that people just shat on and ignored(like the Dreamcast THEN opposed to NOW). Great companion for PC gamers that want a couch machine for traditional console games(opposed to playing PC games in limited form on a console). But I'd rather wait on the switch to work things out. BotW will likely be one of those $20 'platinum' hits type deals after a year. At least cheaper than $60. I don't feel like playing it on the WiiU either. Maybe when emu is okay, I'll build an awesome Dolphin/CEMU machine, but all the best Zelda DLC is coming to the Switch version.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't want to buy a switch just for this. Maybe by the time Mario Odyssey is out, the library will make it worthwhile and I'll have more time on my hands.

I have a Wii U, love it and IMO it will go down as one of the best consoles of all time that people just shat on and ignored(like the Dreamcast THEN opposed to NOW). Great companion for PC gamers that want a couch machine for traditional console games(opposed to playing PC games in limited form on a console). But I'd rather wait on the switch to work things out. BotW will likely be one of those $20 'platinum' hits type deals after a year. At least cheaper than $60. I don't feel like playing it on the WiiU either. Maybe when emu is okay, I'll build an awesome Dolphin/CEMU machine, but all the best Zelda DLC is coming to the Switch version.

The DLC Season pass isn't for Wii U???

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I honestly don't know. Nintendo seems to be making this hardline cut from the Wii-U in many aspects. The speculation is, anything that was originally in development for the WiiU (like BotW) still has a chance for Wii-U added content. We'll see. But so far, seems like they botched another system launch.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
my son wants this game, but we have to beat the Zelda game after Twilight Princess 1st.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
The system was rushed like crazy, if you're going to play it, do so on a Wii U.

It even runs better on Wii U at some points. Of course it also runs worse on Wii U at other points. But still, I'm far from a graphicswhore, but releasing a system in 2017 that can't run a game in 900p.... C'mon.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I'm waiting until the Switch XL Lite

To Nintendo's credit, at least it's USB C so an actual standard connector for once

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bet you the switch comes down in price pretty quick.

What I don't get, is why didn't they didn't add supplemental hardware to the dock, like another processor (even a weak one) so in docked mode, the thing performs closer to the $300+ price tag.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Bet you the switch comes down in price pretty quick.

What I don't get, is why didn't they didn't add supplemental hardware to the dock, like another processor (even a weak one) so in docked mode, the thing performs closer to the $300+ price tag.

yeah, i didnt know how much it cost because i didnt follow its release, and only just found out its 300 bucks. thats crazy. the dock outputs in 720p doesnt it?

i wouldnt be surprised if this is this is nintendos last "home console." and they eventually go the way of sega developing and publishing software for other consoles/pc.

and with breath of the wild being available on wii u that even less switches sold.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep, I had Switch preordered before coming to my senses. Zelda is more than fine on Wii U.

I can't wait for the day when we get Zelda, Mario, Kong, and Metroid on PC/Playstation...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I can't wait for the day when we get Zelda, Mario, Kong, and Metroid on PC/Playstation...

Miyamoto might be retired or dead by that time. Then what's the point?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, Nintendo really just needs a machine that will run its first party titles while not being a pain in the ass for 3rd party devs to work with. Thats all they fucking have to do and the shit will sell like hotcakes.

With the switch, the portability is cool and maybe a huge deal for some people in rarer situations. But I can't help feeling like maybe they sacrificed too much for portability. Like in their obsession with hardware innovation they kinda lost sight of the most basic purpose of a game system.

Its a shame cause I feel like if Nintendo built a modern, no frills console that was easy to develop for, the shit would be an instant hit. I for one am very interested in a modern Nintendo console but just am not interested at all in paying for the secondary shit like portability or motion controls or touchscreen, etc...