IGT: Islanders @ Blackhawks 3/3 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
john-tavares.gif

30-22-10, 70 points, 8th place in Eastern Conference

@

FrankEdibleBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

40-18-5, 85 points, 2nd place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:38 p.m.
TV - WGN
Radio - WGN AM 720

As I type this sentence, the Islanders are in a dogfight for the second wild card spot in the west. NYI has it right now, but Toronto (63 GP, 70 Pts), Florida (63, 69), Philly (63,67) and Tampa (62,66) are all nipping at their heels. The Islanders have been on a mini-roll of late, winning four of their last five including a 5-4 win at Dallas last night. No doubting the importance of this one for the Islanders. As for the Hawks, their recent gluttony of victories has a Central Division title -- and home ice, more importantly --- back within the realm of possibility. The Hawks will get one more crack at the Wild before the season ends. And the latter's battle with mumps doesn't get better, things could really get ugly for Minnesota. But that's a concern for later. Tonight it's all about the two points at stake at the UC. Bonus drinking game suggestion: take a drink every time Foley says "Long Island."

LET'S GO HAWKS!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Tavares has typically been destroyed by Toews in these match ups. Tavares just has 1 goal vs the Hawks his career I think.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Taking my nephew to see "Logan" tonight for his birthday so I'll miss this one. I'm hoping to come out of the movie and see another victory as I walk to my car. At home...get it done!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets remember the depth of the playoff roster potentially and the strong team we will be rather than these next 2-3 weeks before reinforcements arrive a little late this year.

Its crazy but AA out, Panarin probably out a minute..not sure if he should play through anything right now given our status and luxury to sit him, Smaltz got food poisoning and might just be out tonight or play.

Hammer out. Oduya out with some work needed(conditioning/ankle).

I expect the Hawks to go into experimental "fun" mode for a couple weeks. I don't expect Hino to be down long with AA out.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what was the morning skate with all the commotion?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Line combos:

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Jurco-Kero-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Tootoo

Schmaltz is out sick. Anisimov out as well even though he skated. Expect Kero to jump up to the 2C spot. Both Anisimov and Schmaltz could be back tomorrow night.

Also looks like Crawford will be in net.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why I missed this opportunity to play Q. What would you do?

Hartman-Toews-Panik (defe
Jurco-Kero-Kane
Desjardins-Kruger-Hossa
Rozival-Rasmussen-Tootoo

Jesus...thats how bad 3 forwards out short notice looks so...

EDIT: I'd probably flop Ras and Des there if I were Q...I was just brainstorming. Without great answers you could look at Hartman or Jurco with Kaner, or play some Kaner on the 1st line. We will probably see all of that.

I like these games from a spectator stand point....Q just searching for answers kinda gives us clues for later to what he will think.

Maybe we will see

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Kaner-Kruger-Hossa
Jurco-Kero-Ras
Rozi-Des-TooToo

leaving RW's

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Ras-Kruger-Kaner
Des-Kero-Hossa
Rozi-TooToo-Jurco probably gets scrapped. option 3 is best.

final answer (Defensively this is the option I would go to)...# line science.

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Jurco-Kruger-Kane
Ras-Kero-Hossa
Rozi-Desj-TooToo

Without reinforcments, I would expect this outcome...possible to flip Hossa and Jurco or Kero/Kruger at times. 4th line is a few jokers who will relish the "what can you give us" opportunity to hold their own.

Kane may just decide to go 3 hattricks in 4 games and play on all the shifts? lol don't miss tonight. If I see Jurco the Magician get to play with his hero Kane it will be worth it alone.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Heard Breadman is in, Arti and Schmaltz out

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought you literally meant play Q because it seems they're so limited with guys out

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, just as Big-E-Schmaltz is getting hot...

Anyways, me and my wife have sat in the same spot for each of the last win streak games. She won't be here tonight. If they lose, I positively blame her.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I decided 2017-2020 is a good moment to resume my drinking career, tails, and exploits.

Go Hawks!! I was just wondering to myself why they don't have streakers in Hockey, and then the thought of a loose wang and 30 blades and 12 sticks all on the ice with you and all the things that could go wrong for both your feet and wang and after this daydream I think even my drinking persona is mostly deterred from the idea.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Nevermind. I see in the other threads

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I decided 2017-2020 is a good moment to resume my drinking career, tails, and exploits.

Go Hawks!! I was just wondering to myself why they don't have streakers in Hockey, and then the thought of a loose wang and 30 blades and 12 sticks all on the ice with you and all the things that could go wrong for both your feet and wang and after this daydream I think even my drinking persona is mostly deterred from the idea.

Yea, I can see some drunken naked idiot trying to climb over the glass, security would have him cuffed, and hauled away before that dream could ever be achieved, but if you think you'll ever try it please let the board know in advance so we could enjoy a laugh at that.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pat and Eddie have taken complete control over the broadcast and turned it into a Beatles cover show

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was alive and saw the Hawks win on March 3, 2017.