Trubs QB Camp: Gruden

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose we are all going to see what we want to see.

I feel validated in my belief that Trubs is going to bust the hardest of the top 6.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not all of us can view from the astroplane.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I feel validated in my belief that Trubs is going to bust the hardest of the top 6.

tell us more. I didn't see the "Trubs QB Camp: Gruden "

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18900461 Shows a full multi field read option with 4 targets with big play options. No outlet. Kid still has a lot to learn about pro game management but it's not brain surgery. Next time someone says hard count, he'll get it.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/18898254 This shows quick recognition and how he stays accurate off his back foot under pressure. Can't step into every throw. Has some things to work through but you can't teach that.

End of the day, none of us know who will be great or fail but he's got the tools. He seems a bit of an introvert in new situations so some will read into that as a negative but he's always been willing to step up on the field as the 2nd vid circumstances show. He seems to process the field as well or better than anyone coming out.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Be perfect for Hue Jackson at 12.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubs likes the Browns. R&S just can't help avoid them.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;xtzkV7dEaE8]https://youtu.be/xtzkV7dEaE8[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at not being able to learn a hard count. No doubt these kids have a lot to learn but wow. Talking heads need something to talk about during the silly season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the fact that Gruden makes him uncomfortable I probably shouldn't knock him for. Gruden is a master at fucking with you. Probably takes a frat boy overconfidence like a challenge to see if he can rattle him.

I just don't see the posture, energy, intellect, confidence, body, or mental speed I would desire at #3. 3rd rounder for me, I don't think he is more than a shot in the dark prospect. Doubtfull to succeed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
the fact that Gruden makes him uncomfortable I probably shouldn't knock him for. Gruden is a master at fucking with you. Probably takes a frat boy overconfidence like a challenge to see if he can rattle him.

I just don't see the posture, energy, intellect, confidence, body, or mental speed I would desire at #3. 3rd rounder for me, I don't think he is more than a shot in the dark prospect. Doubtfull to succeed.

Take a look at the session Mariucci. I like Mariucci's sessions cuz it tests memory and football IQ

[video=youtube_share;wPBtAZktCVU]https://youtu.be/wPBtAZktCVU[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bortles killed his interview.:shrug:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
To give a baseline, would love to see Gruden do this same process with Payton Manning.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Take a look at the session Mariucci. I like Mariucci's sessions cuz it tests memory and football IQ

[video=youtube_share;wPBtAZktCVU]https://youtu.be/wPBtAZktCVU[/video]

Mariucci.'s session is better than Grudens IMO. I like the way Mariucci. forces the Qb to remember and re-diagram the play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You and Remi said Trubs had an advantage over Watson actually playing due to better learning his craft by sitting for years. :lmao:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

tell us more. I didn't see the "Trubs QB Camp: Gruden "
Gruden:
"Trubisky showed exceptional recall

It was surprising to see how calm and composed and sharp and detailed he was during the hours we spent in our meeting. Quite a few young people struggle to communicate. They struggle to take notes. They struggle to stay engaged for long periods of time. Trubisky was one of the guys who would have stayed for a doubleheader. He seemed to have a photographic memory. We haven't had a QB Camp visitor who took more copious notes and was more interested or more engaged for a longer period of time than Trubisky was when he visited.

The intangibles are there

Trubisky has all the intangibles that you are looking for -- passion for the game, work ethic, preparation, mental toughness. He might not lead the nation in those four categories, but he is close to the top of the food chain. This man loves football. He has a lot of great intangibles. It is important to him."

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If two of the board's biggest dumbasses aren't fond of Trubsky, that just helps me know he'll be the best of this year's QB class.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You and Remi said Trubs had an advantage due to better learning his craft by sitting for years. :lmao:

This post is kind of inconsistent with the below post.

Gruden:

It was surprising to see how calm and composed and sharp and detailed he was during the hours we spent in our meeting. Quite a few young people struggle to communicate. They struggle to take notes. They struggle to stay engaged for long periods of time. Trubisky was one of the guys who would have stayed for a doubleheader. He seemed to have a photographic memory. We haven't had a QB Camp visitor who took more copious notes and was more interested or more engaged for a longer period of time than Trubisky was when he visited.

Trubisky has all the intangibles that you are looking for -- passion for the game, work ethic, preparation, mental toughness. He might not lead the nation in those four categories, but he is close to the top of the food chain. This man loves football. He has a lot of great intangibles. It is important to him."

So a guy who sat for 3 years is really good with recall and detail. Sounds like those 3 years holding a clipboard was spent well. I would a expect a guy that spent that much time sitting to be able to diagram and dissect plays on the board well because that literally the majority of what he did for 3 years.

So what am I missing here?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You and Remi said Trubs had an advantage due to better learning his craft by sitting for years. :lmao:

This post is kind of inconsistent with the below post.

Gruden:

So a guy who sat for 3 years is really good with recall and detail? I would a expect a guy that spent that much time sitting to be able to diagram and dissect plays on the board well because that literally was the majority of what he did for 3 years. That is what he had to do to learn.

So what am I missing here? I get your posts were two weeks apart but Trubisky excels in the very things I would expect him to excel in for a guy that sat that long.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First off, it was simply a post to say there's conflicting info on all these guys and to your nonpoint; The recall he was talking about wasn't related to anything he learned at NC. The sort of recall he was talking about (new concepts) in the meeting would make extra study time superfluous and application (reps) more important. I wasn't going to pile on but now you're proving Tony correct. Go ahead draw non parallel lines and change the context again.

Always like you sig, by the way.