Bottom 6 talk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did everyone feel about Hayden?

My thoughts were that he was more McNeil than Anisimov in his first start in the mens circuit.

I wasn't expecting his 225 to be distributed so poorly, or that a guy from Yale would need help with the nutrition part of things. His legs looked thin to me and his wheels not yet at NHL level.

He was willing to go to the net...I wouldn't entertain any ideas of him holding onto a top 6 spot, or even making that 3rd line. Just my first thoughts. Patience. Its not Jurko hopeless yet, must see more. I didn't watch that closely and fast forwarded through sections.

I think he can play into the 4th line conversation, but unless I see more speed or some linemates his net front clicks with soon, I'd consider him "depth" this edition of playoff roster.

6'3" and 22 years old can be a bit long legged, Jurco is as well. He'll grow into it this off-season getting on Hawks training and diet. I'd expect a better distributed 6'3" 215 with more lower body strength if he wants to avoid Rockford this fall.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Didn't get to catch much of last night's game, but looked like Ottawa was trapping rather heavily so it's hard to get an accurate gauge of what a youngster can do against that type of defense.

Saturday night against Toronto might give a better indication of his skills. If he isn't noticeable against that defensively-deficient team, then he's probably due for Rockford real soon and as a Black Ace during the postseason.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record I thought Schmaltz looked lost at the beginning of the year and now he has been a solid addition. One game with 8 minutes of ice time is not enough to pass judgement on Hayden

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record I thought Schmaltz looked lost at the beginning of the year and now he has been a solid addition. One game with 8 minutes of ice time is not enough to pass judgement on Hayden

Felt the 8 minutes was a McNeil level damnation of lost and slow.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Didn't see the game but I like Schmaltz's speed and tenacity.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Hayden is definitely in top 9 if reports of his practice shooting impressing just got confirmed in Qs mind on the ice.

That was a wicked shot. He acts like he belongs. I'll try to not get excited, but Hartman continues to win his place.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-AA-Kane
Hayden-Hino-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Hartman

Is my favorite. If Hayden can add some physical presence to counter Hino. Take some faceoff load here and there.

If he isn't physical swap him and Hartman.

Jurco and Kero need to find some points to start to question Desjsrdins.

Maybe Hino is out for some reason, I just don't understand why unless it's to create the same magic the Smaltz send down created.

Or to get comfortable at center.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hayden looking pretty good parking himself in front of the net. 3 games, 3 points.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Future is bright here.

We need to sign Panik, Darling.

Oduya is being paid for, after the long saga of totally ripping ourselves off in his departure...cap is going up...

Hino, Smaltz, Motte, Hayden, Hartman, Jurco, Pokka, TVR, Forsling, Forslin, Kempny...

Are ALL going to be better next year? ummmmmm.....Bowman needs to chill the fuck out man. Stop slurping the devils balls at night or something man...its enough.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hayden looking pretty good parking himself in front of the net. 3 games, 3 points.

He sure is. It's nice to see a big forward out there checking too besides Panik.

I thought Jurko had a good game too.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hayden has been impressive. When AA comes back where does Schmaltz go, and Hayden. Do we roll with these as lines

14-19-40
72-8-88
38-15-81
67-16-13/11/22

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes you have to allow players to drink the cups of coffee that they're given.
For all of the worry most of us had at the beginning of the year, it seems that investing in the young skates has paid off (no other choice).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes you have to allow players to drink the cups of coffee that they're given.
For all of the worry most of us had at the beginning of the year, it seems that investing in the young skates has paid off (no other choice).

I think they did have a choice to pay a huge sum and get Duchene, or more than they wanted for Doan or Boyle.

Doan could have spiced up the third line, but then you have two old guys and sometimes that isn't good. I think Boyle would have allowed for Kruger to officially go to third line.