Little things you're looking forward to this year

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Setting aside the obvious, like "another World Series," what are the little things you're looking forward to this year? Things that make you happy you're a Cubs fan. Some of mine:

-A whole season of Contreras-to-Baez caught-stealing highlights

-Watching Javy Baez do pretty much anything. He's like an avatar of pure, baseball joy

-Glorious, towering Schwarbombs

-Watching Kyle Hendricks pitch

-Rooting for Lester to hit a home run

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Setting aside the obvious, like "another World Series," what are the little things you're looking forward to this year? Things that make you happy you're a Cubs fan. Some of mine:

-A whole season of Contreras-to-Baez caught-stealing highlights

-Watching Javy Baez do pretty much anything. He's like an avatar of pure, baseball joy

-Glorious, towering Schwarbombs

-Watching Kyle Hendricks pitch

-Rooting for Lester to hit a home run

You saw Baez no look tag in WBC?

Also, Lester is getting one sometime. He has a nice swing and he is going to run into one.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The team invested in a ton of pitchers this winter and I would like one to step up and be that solid starter. Dont want the team to be forced to trade assets in a panic

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Beautiful.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fowler's standing ovation. And strikeout.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Javy Baez is a human highlight reel.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Javy is a superstar without a day job. I am wondering which cub goes down to injury this year to get him playing every day.

Schwarber catching, because that means Javy, Bryant and Zobrist are in the lineup.

Heyward being benched early this year.

Almora winning the opening day CF job.

Seriously, Javy Baez is most probably not starting opening day.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javy is a superstar without a day job. I am wondering which cub goes down to injury this year to get him playing every day.

Schwarber catching, because that means Javy, Bryant and Zobrist are in the lineup.

Heyward being benched early this year.

Almora winning the opening day CF job.

Seriously, Javy Baez is most probably not starting opening day.

Probably Montero going down, and Heyward in center occasionally can make that happen enough.

I'm curious to see if Madden understands the use of the 9th hitter, or is just reading numbers off a sheet of studies they didn't really understand how to use.

The whole reason that was implemented by La Rusa in St. Louis was because Pujols was such a special hitter, and it moved him up a slot. With Schwarber at 1, Bryant at 2 and Rizzo at 3 it is IMPERATIVE to put Heyward or Russell or Zobrist in the 9th hole. Heyward is perfect there. A guy with low average who can run faster than Schwarber theoretically, but won't clog the bases, but will get on and can get into scoring position.

This is the most obvious line-up ever to be employed where you would bat the pitcher 8th. To not do it suggests you don't actually understand it. I expect it, just curious.