1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Crumbs.

That guy took some shit in his day. RIP

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
RIP took way too much shit for winning 6 championships. Also an original Chicagoan through and through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
RIP Krause. I guess its not much of a shocker considering hes had health problems for awhile now but it still caught me off guard. people were finally starting to come around on him and hail him for his accomplishments too.

if you haven't listened to his podcast with Woj i recommend it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, for someone who took a lot of crap, he accomplished a hell of a lot. Props to him and the fun he gave me as a Bulls fan.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The whole Bulls dynasty will probably be seen so much differently once people realize just how big of an asshole Michael Jordan was.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole Bulls dynasty will probably be seen so much differently once people realize just how big of an asshole Michael Jordan was.

FWIW, I doubt it. MJ's abrasiveness will likely just be seen as the fuel to his fire..aka Kobe. Jordan was a maniacal asshole in a lot of things but it's hard to argue with the results it got. Not sure what other light the dynasty could be viewed under.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MJ's maniacal personality is probably the main component of keeping Rodman in check so I don't see it affecting how people see that era at all. Heck, people already know about it now and don't bat an eyelash.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nobody was perfect there. Jabba the Krause did draft well compared to the rest of the league. But he didn't know how to get that 99 return team on for a speculative 4-peat, so forever that would be his greatest mistake.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
it probably ended at the right time. they went out on top and with a "What If?" rather then staying together and watching father time creep in.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody was perfect there. Jabba the Krause did draft well compared to the rest of the league. But he didn't know how to get that 99 return team on for a speculative 4-peat, so forever that would be his greatest mistake.

That team was burnt out. They all knew it was the last hurrah. Nothing Krause could have done IMO.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I could see the Bulls making it back to the Finals in 1998-99 had they stayed together. I am not going to say that championship window was closed. After all, it is still Michael Jordan we're talking about here. I really doubt they would have beaten the Spurs though. It was still a mistake to blow it all up, obviously.

I agree with the consensus that, while he was far from a perfect GM, he was a big part of those 6 titles and deserves recognition.