dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Adams is the only defensive player I would be satisfied with at #3 (assuming Garrett goes 1st overall).

We know......D.Watson or bust:yep:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm fine with either safety at 3. Both have the capability of making everyone around them better and that's what you look for in a top 5 pick.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;GqjGo9gXm4k]https://youtu.be/GqjGo9gXm4k[/video]

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;uERnOpcISa0]https://youtu.be/uERnOpcISa0[/video]

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Look at the size of those mits. He wears a TripleX glove

Liked Posts:
Deepest position in the draft. Dont take a DB 1st round. With so many good DBs this year, you can land a 2nd round DB in the 3rd round.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Can't really go wrong with either, IMO. The injuries and 1 year of tape that Hooker has worries me, but there is no doubt he can be a stud as a single-high FS. But, with the signing of Q. Demps, that signals to me that if the Bears do draft a S in the 1st, it may likely be J. Adams. That dude is legit, also. Can cover in the slot, and always seems to be attacking the LOS and is around the ball. But his value (bigger value IMO) are his intangibles. He would be a field general for our secondary that we haven't had in a very long time. I think he can be a Pro Bowler and a leader for our D for a decade. This team needs that again. That, to me, is worth a high 1st-rd pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The more I look at these two, the more I value Jamal Adams. Don't get me wrong, Malik Hooker is very good. He has 1 very elite trait with his ball skills. But I just don't know that he does everything else well enough to warrant a top 5 pick. While the Bears could really use his ability to get turnovers and take away the deep ball, which has singlehandedly cost them a few games over the last several years, I think that good NFL QBs can either take him out of games or expose his inexperience.

One thing that makes Hooker so good in the deep middle is that he played with some really good CBs. College QBs also aren't as skilled at looking off safeties and exploiting his aggressiveness to go get the ball. NFL QBs may also be able to effectively take him out of games by focusing on the underneath passing game, which also potentially forces him to step up and try to make tackles. I haven't seen him in man coverage very much vs. the slot, though he looks like he has the speed and movement skills to do so.

Adams on the other hand, may be weakest in the deep middle, but he's a guy that offenses won't be able to take out of the game simply by avoiding throwing the ball deep. The NFL is more of a quick passing, underneath throwing game nowadays anyway. Having a guy that patrols the middle, can man cover slots that get passed off to him, cover TEs in man, come down and take out RB dump offs, to me is more valuable. You see the value in guys like Kam Chancellor, Eric Berry (who is more of a SS these days), and Landon Collins who play similar roles. There's not really those ballhawking FS at the top of the league consistently, other than Earl Thomas who also is a great tackler and pretty good in man coverage.

And let's not act like Adams can't create turnovers. He had a 4 INT season as a sophomore and has caused his share of fumbles.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Deepest position in the draft. Dont take a DB 1st round. With so many good DBs this year, you can land a 2nd round DB in the 3rd round.

These two are worlds better than any other safety in the draft. So yeah, fuck those difference makers. We don't need them. :obama:

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
do you know the amount of grief Pace would get if he drafted Hooker though? don't get me wrong i would love to have either or but Hooker and his injuring after Kevin White.

these forums would explode.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you know the amount of grief Pace would get if he drafted Hooker though? don't get me wrong i would love to have either or but Hooker and his injuring after Kevin White.

Agree 100%. If there was a trade down scenario where we take him at 5-7 range that would quell most of the dissent.

Reactions: 1ke

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Lord knows Ryan pace reads this forum. He'll probably draft kizer thanks to strong support the boards have given him.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I'm looking forward to the meltdown after Pace drafts Jonathan Allen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He be all
jay-cutler-dont-care1.jpg