dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm looking forward to the meltdown after Pace drafts Jonathan Allen.

I don't think there should be a meltdown if he drafted J.Allen. The guy is an absolute beast and if he passes his medicals then he should be in contention for the #3 pick.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot has been made of Allen's shoulders. After the White situation, it would take a heavy set of balls for Pace to draft someone whose career was in imminent danger because of a medical condition. This makes me think that if they draft him, his diagnosis isn't an issue and he's that good of a player that the injury didn't phase them out of drafting him.

That's not to say I want him at 3. I don't. I want a QB or Adams. But I'll still be hopeful of an elite player if they do take him, because it will mean the Bears are crazy high on his ability.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Adams does everything well.

Hooker creates big plays.

Personally based on what the Bears need and their inability to keep guys healthy I am going Adams.

Not to mention that the Bears biggest need is stopping the run. Their pass defense was fairly good, but teams just shredded the defense with the run. I'm sure Fangio has his favorite, but I'm with the belief that either of these guys makes the Bears a better team, period. I really think the Bears want to trade down and take whichever one of these guys is there still. But at #3, I'm going with Allen, Adams, or Hooker at this point.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to mention that the Bears biggest need is stopping the run. Their pass defense was fairly good, but teams just shredded the defense with the run. I'm sure Fangio has his favorite, but I'm with the belief that either of these guys makes the Bears a better team, period. I really think the Bears want to trade down and take whichever one of these guys is there still. But at #3, I'm going with Allen, Adams, or Hooker at this point.

The Bears biggest need is creating turnovers. They desperately need playmakers in the secondary.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
A lot has been made of Allen's shoulders. After the White situation, it would take a heavy set of balls for Pace to draft someone whose career was in imminent danger because of a medical condition. This makes me think that if they draft him, his diagnosis isn't an issue and he's that good of a player that the injury didn't phase them out of drafting him.

That's not to say I want him at 3. I don't. I want a QB or Adams. But I'll still be hopeful of an elite player if they do take him, because it will mean the Bears are crazy high on his ability.

I am not close to the situation but if this is just simply some arthritis in the shoulder, it is not an issue that will cause him to miss time or put him at real risk during the season of any other injury. May require possibly a couple off-season clean-ups here and there but other than that it will just be about pain management with him.

I cannot be mad at all about the selection of Jonathan Allen. I had some concerns about his size and physical skill set in a 3-4 but with the more I watch him and the more that I think about how little we actually spend in a base 3-4 front, the more I really like the pick.

You just watch him on tape and he is a monster. This play against Texas A&M alone makes me want to take him at #3 -

bamasack.0.gif

Think of the havoc Fangio could create with Goldman, Hicks and Allen up front.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Malik Hooker's elite instinct and athleticism on display here in the Ohio State/Clemson playoff game right before halftime. He immediately reads the play, catches Deshaun Watson staring down his receiver, and jumps the route in the matter of a second. If the ball is not tipped at the line of scrimmage, Hooker has yet another pick six and the entire complexion of the game would have changed.

wpYvSk.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"He's the most instinctive center field safety I've scouted since Ed Reed came out". -- Bucky Brooks

[video=youtube_share;H87re28VWXc]https://youtu.be/H87re28VWXc[/video]

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Bears at #3...

dream pick - OLB Garrett
safe pick - DT Allen, SS Adams
upside pick - FS Hooker, DE Thomas
need pick - QB Trubisky, QB Watson

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Also of note, Jamal Adams was flagged for a whopping ZERO penalties in 2016. Don't sleep on how remarkable this is. A strong safety, in the era of targeting calls who plays very aggressive man coverage when asked to cover TEs and slots.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When asked what type of defensive backs Fangio is looking for, this is his response...

Just guys that show that they have the ball skills to No. 1, catch it, to find it and make a play on the ball,” Fangio said of what he’s looking for from the draft prospects. “Some guys have the innate ability to do that and some guys don’t.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
When asked what type of defensive backs Fangio is looking for, this is his response...

Just guys that show that they have the ball skills to No. 1, catch it, to find it and make a play on the ball,” Fangio said of what he’s looking for from the draft prospects. “Some guys have the innate ability to do that and some guys don’t.

Screams Malik Hooker. When I also consider the fact that Pace has typically gone with high upside type guy in the 1st and with an emphasis on big time physical skill sets - It makes me keep coming back to Hooker.

I cannot be mad about Pace going with Allen, Thomas, Adams or Hooker as they all intrigue me in different ways.

I tell you what though, Hooker to me has the biggest upside of all 4 guys IMO.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hooker and Thomas both have the highest upside. Thomas has drawn comparisons to watt, and while that comp is probably too lofty for any prospect, he certainly does have a sky high ceiling. Hooker could be an ed reed type and honestly, he probably has a better chance coming close to that than Thomas does to getting close to watt. But hooker's injury is scary and his overall love for football is semi concerning. Is his heart all in on football or does he still romanticize and wonder about basketball? And on the other end, whatever team drafts Thomas has to have a clear role for him and a defined strategy on how to be utilize him. Both intriguing prospects, and both have some pretty big questions

Madden

Liked Posts:
I cannot be mad about Pace going with Allen, Thomas, Adams or Hooker as they all intrigue me in different ways.

I'd also be happy with any of them at #3. If Pace can also land Watson, Trubisky, or Peterman I would be happy and consider the first 2 picks a success. I don't really like Kizer that much.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Screams Malik Hooker. When I also consider the fact that Pace has typically gone with high upside type guy in the 1st and with an emphasis on big time physical skill sets - It makes me keep coming back to Hooker.

I tell you what though, Hooker to me has the biggest upside of all 4 guys IMO.

IMHO Hooker has the most upside in the draft, yes more then Garrett.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Hooker and Thomas both have the highest upside. Thomas has drawn comparisons to watt, and while that comp is probably too lofty for any prospect, he certainly does have a sky high ceiling. Hooker could be an ed reed type and honestly, he probably has a better chance coming close to that than Thomas does to getting close to watt. But hooker's injury is scary and his overall love for football is semi concerning. Is his heart all in on football or does he still romanticize and wonder about basketball? And on the other end, whatever team drafts Thomas has to have a clear role for him and a defined strategy on how to be utilize him. Both intriguing prospects, and both have some pretty big questions

IMO, I think the big questions will knock them out of #3 consideration. Give me either of the JA's.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The question about Hookers love for the game can stop. He was an 18 year old kid and home sick at the time. He finished the season playing through two injuries that both required surgery. That should tell you all you need to know about his desire to play.