It's crucial to evaluate D.Watson differently.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Being a winner on collegiate level means jack $hit in pros, put any QB worth a damn on those Alabama/Clemson/LSU/OSU teams and they'll be winners.

Arm strength and accuracy, proper throw motion and technique, experience in pro style offense, reading defenses, seeing the field and not locking into receiver, pocket awareness, not being a problematic character...

Those are the things that matter and translate to pros.

The biggest thing is leadership. U can have all those other things, but if a team doesn't believe in their Qb, then that's a recipe for a losing record. leadership is what translates to pros.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
All quarterbacks are evaluated the same; do they project to be a winner in the pros? Do they fit our offense? Do they have the discipline and drive to grow?

I dont know how he projects as a pro, else I'd be employed by the nfl. Anyone can project well into this offense if we focus on running the damn ball. But to the last point, he does have drive and self discipline. He'll be drafted for sure, and it will be up to him to prove the doubters wrong

If he tales a Brady-Wison-Prescott work ethic to the NFL, everything else will fall into place.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait 'til 4 is a Bear.

I just worry that the Browns or S.F. will jump on him. Hue Jackson is just the type of HC the article talks about......who would design a system around Watson. Same with K. Shanahan to lesser degree.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So the Article is essentially saying that the coaching staff needs to adjust to Watson strengths in order to be successful.

Well, guess what opposing defensive coordinators do, they attack and eliminate your strengths. So if you are weak at throwing the ball they will find a way to force you to throw the ball.

BTW the Comparisons to Cam Newton need to stop!! He is not 6'5" - 250 lbs, even Cam has been shut down by the better teams, because this is the NFL.

I like the kids leadership and he looks like he is taking coaching well, because his footwork and throwing were improved during the Combine (underwear bowl).

He needs to be evaluated just like every other QB coming into the NFL, and accuracy is too important to ignore. He is not a #3 pick in my opinion.

So the Article is essentially saying that the coaching staff needs to adjust to Watson strengths in order to be successful.

Well, guess what opposing defensive coordinators do, they attack and eliminate your strengths. So if you are weak at throwing the ball they will find a way to force you to throw the ball.

A couple things 1) Go back and look at the great coaches.....they always design their systems around the talent they have. ( i.e. a Shula he ran the ball with Kick & Czonka, He threw the ball with Marino).

2) You say DC's will force ya to throw. If this is in reference to Watson, I think passing for 40+ Td's shows he can throw. Alabama had a great "D", but what happened to that "D" on the NC?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson clearly elevated Clemson as a program. They were never a perennial title contender until he arrived.

So I wouldn't really compare it to Bama, OSU and LSU that all have storied histories and are generally perennial title contenders.

Of course Swinney started that ascent and Tajh Boyd helped but Watson is the biggest factor in putting Clemson on the map as a BCS contender.

Ummm.....there's that word again..... elevated

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, I'm off the Watson train. There's a reason Pace refused to meet with him earlier.
I hope we can get Trubisky in the 3rd pick.
Seems liek Browns go Garret, and 49ers are waiting for Kirk Cousins to be traded to them, so they'll pass on Trubs.
Trubisky is far more valuable at QB than any defensive player.

when did this happen? whats the source?

The Chicago Bears not only have general manager Ryan Pace down in South Carolina, scouting Watson and his teammates, but head coach John Fox, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains and quarterback coach Dave Ragone as well.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...wall=1&usg=AFQjCNEgyLJOaVZYe5i0hgtel4TpbNwk_A

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Pace said on numerous occasions that he wants a quarterback whose leadership translates to victories. Leadership is great but it needs to lead to wins. Well, that fits Watson. He had a 32-3 record at Clemson. Watson was the undisputed leader of the team, and he solidified that by racking up the wins, including getting to the Championship game twice, winning it once.

Pace talks about having a quarterback who elevated his program. The Clemson Tigers went over 30 years without winning a title. They had some good teams but were never a real title contender before Watson. Watson stepped in and led them to the title game two seasons in a row.

Watson is the winner, the leader, and the difference maker Pace looks for in his quarterback.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Look, guys, I like Watson in college just like everyone else. He makes quick, good decisions. He seems like a leader. He runs well. The execution and instincts were pretty inspiring to watch.

The sad fact is, the guy is just not an arm talent. He has a built in low ceiling. He is, at absolute best, Alex Smith potential. If all the rest of the pieces fall magically into place, Bears are a team that goes roughly 10-6 and loses in the wild card game of the playoffs every year. If you want that, draft Watson.

arm talent????. what kind of arm talent did Montana have, or Brees. Do u mean arm strength

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck...it's an entire page of Run and Shit stroking Watson's cock? I love it when someone latches onto a player so hard they can't acknowledge a single fault.

And why has no one taught him how to multi-quote yet?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck...it's an entire page of Run and Shit stroking Watson's cock? I love it when someone latches onto a player so hard they can't acknowledge a single fault.

And why has no one taught him how to multi-quote yet?

Dude took over the entire thread.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Several things, without re reading it I will tell you a couple things that stuck out were ... It compared Watson to Cam Newton, which made me think Cam is a huge guy who takes a ton of hits and if and if Watson played anything like Cam he would miss 6-8 weeks a year until he is shell shocked..

Second thing that the article said was something about the team that takes him would have to build the offensive scheme around him.. It made me think of the last time I say that happen was with the Redskins build there offense to suit RGIII... That worked pretty well until the NFL defenses adjusted to it and started hiting RGIII like they do Cam Newton and wrecked and ruined RGIII.. If that is the plan Watson will have an extremely short NFL life.

I think the article also said that Trubisky had better skills and/or ability.. My question is why the hell would ANYONE value intangible over skills and ability??

I don't see where RG compares to Watson. I see Watson using his mobility to extend plays. What they did with RG bordered on criminal.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Look no further than the authors example of Cam Newton. A few years back he was a sulking petulant child, then he was the MVP darling, and since his post SB pity party he has once again became moody and childish.

Meh, that's only ESPNs perception of him. I doubt his teammates feel the same. I'd be pretty happy to have a QB like Cam Newton.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't see where RG compares to Watson. I see Watson using his mobility to extend plays. What they did with RG bordered on criminal.

No it didn't, he was just weak.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears