Bears sign Sanchez? WTF

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone settle the hell down. This could just be an insurance policy in case Pace doesn't find what they need in the first few rounds of the draft at QB. If they come up empty/aren't comfortable with draft options, then you roll with these guys for a year with minimal financial commitment in the future, then take a stab next year. He's just covering all his bases.

Sanchez isn't an insurance policy. He's a butt fumbler.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That sounds even worse because it could mean we're done at QB this season.

I hope not but I really don't want him to draft one just to appease. I'd want some conviction in the pick.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I hope not but I really don't want him to draft one just to appease. I'd want some conviction in the pick.

Same here. If we don't get one at #3, then i'd rather root for 0-16 and hope we're bad enough next year, as depressing as that sounds.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I'm not even mad about this. Sanchez won't even make the team. I fully expect Shaw to beat him out. Whether we draft a QB this draft or not, don't matter to me, I'm looking to next years draft to get our QB. Although I really believe Glennon will play better than most think.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Given current 2017 playres contracts + dead cap (cutler, Gould, etc..) + average salary's for the draft picks we have in this years draft (assuming we sign them all), the Bears only have 12.8 million in cap remaining.

Thats is not to say we couldn't cut a few guys (Royal, Houston, Porter) and pick up more cap/cash.

But to say the Bears have an "immense amount of cap" left still is not accurate.

We know Royal is gone, I don't see Porter not getting cut with the signings we made and the depth of the position in the draft along with the kids we already have, he's money wasted. Houston I don't see us cutting cause he's a good player, and he pro ides depth at that position, unless we make a pick there he will be here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
After this Sanchez crapola, I was literally afraid to come to the board today, for fear of what other miscreant or reject the Bears might have signed today...

I heard Johnny Football was coming in for a interview.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Everyone take a deep breath. ....
OK..
The Sanchez signing screams to me that the Bears are planning to draft a QB at #3 (or later in the first round if they trade down). Apparently, also stated in this thread, that Dallas liked the way he mentored Zak Prescott and wanted him back. That highly infers that the Bears want him to mentor THEIR DRAFT PICK and offered him significantly more than Dallas. It makes perfect sense if you look at it that way. Here's my projected opening day QB depth chart:
- Glennon
- Sanchez
- <drafted QB (Watson, Tribiski, Kiser???)
If Glennon gets injured, in comes Sanchez for the rest of the game.
If Glennon is out for more than two weeks, the depth chart changes to:
- <drafted QB>
- Sanchez
- ???

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Everyone take a deep breath. ....
OK..
The Sanchez signing screams to me that the Bears are planning to draft a QB at #3 (or later in the first round if they trade down). Apparently, also stated in this thread, that Dallas liked the way he mentored Zak Prescott and wanted him back. That highly infers that the Bears want him to mentor THEIR DRAFT PICK and offered him significantly more than Dallas. It makes perfect sense if you look at it that way. Here's my projected opening day QB depth chart:
- Glennon
- Sanchez
- <drafted QB (Watson, Tribiski, Kiser???)
If Glennon gets injured, in comes Sanchez for the rest of the game.
If Glennon is out for more than two weeks, the depth chart changes to:
- <drafted QB>
- Sanchez
- ???

What? It has become clearly obvious the Bears are drafting defense at #3 and picking up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. It has never been more clear then right now. This is a present fact and the current events substantiated the same.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
a0a5a4d0fa45914e8882bfbf2e00131e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
What? It has become clearly obvious the Bears are drafting defense at #3 and picking up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. It has never been more clear then right now. This is a present fact and the current events substantiated the same.

In 34 days, we'll all know. IMO, if Watson or Tribiski's there, I think the Bears pull the trigger with the #3 pick. It's always interesting to hear others opinions.

It wouldn't surprise me that if Pace finds a trade partner the he would trade down in the draft in a heartbeat and pick Kiser or Mahomes later in the 1st. Bear WILL pick a QB with their first or second pick. With developing a QB, it makes more sense to draft him in the first round to get the fifth year option IF you think he will be your franchise QB.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
In 34 days, we'll all know. IMO, if Watson or Tribiski's there, I think the Bears pull the trigger with the #3 pick. It's always interesting to hear others opinions.

It wouldn't surprise me that if Pace finds a trade partner the he would trade down in the draft in a heartbeat and pick Kiser or Mahomes later in the 1st. Bear WILL pick a QB with their first or second pick. With developing a QB, it makes more sense to draft him in the first round to get the fifth year option IF you think he will be your franchise QB.

Watson or Trubisky will be there at #3 because the Browns are taking Garrett. The Bears will not take either. I agree the Bears will take a QB in the draft and it will come after the 1st but before the 5th.

The Bears will not find a trade partner for the #3 unless the Browns and 49ers have a massive draft room seizure and pass on Garrett. Should this impossible happen and Pace takes the bait, he should be immediately shit-canned for passing on the best player in the draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So many people losing their shit over a one year deal.

This forum needs its own reality show.

Real Forum Members of the 312.

Forum member 1- Oh my gawd, girl! Did you see Pace signed Sanchez?!?

Forum member 2- I know, girl. It is a one year deal but Pace needs to get gone. Nuh what I sayin'?

Member 1- Oh I know, girl.

Member 2- Uh, huh.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
For me it has nothing to do with the contract or deal but everything to do with the fact that Glennon is likely garbage and Sanchez is steaming hot fucking garbage. Sorry Pace is doing nothing to make me feel like we are any closer to having a starting caliber QB. Maybe I'm wrong...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Absolutely nothing is clear as to what Pace will be doing with that #3 pick or any other pick any more now then before the Sanchez signing. I can see every argument that's been made about who people think Pace will draft at 3 as being right but nothing is clear.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Then start a poll asking people what they THINK Pace will do at #3 not who they want Pace to select there.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't know why they would sign him, regardless of the contract. It's a little confusing, because he's not even good at handing it off. I don't mind the Glennon signing. but that makes no sense to me. Let Shaw and a pick backup. To try to cool the hysteria, he's probably an early cut. It seems like a waste of time to me.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would add, if they like Trubisky, spend the pick.