Deshone Kizer Sharp At Pro Day

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF? Did he not throw to ND WRs during the season or did they not show to help their leader? I'm not bashing him here. That just doesn't make any sense at a school Pro Day.

There were no senior/draft eligible WR's on ND's roster(Torrii Hunter Jr quit football). Current WR's on the team can't participate in Pro Days due to NCAA rules.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
He couldnt elevate Notre Dame over bad teams last year, how do you expect him to do it in the pros?

Pretty sure he doesn't play defense. Kind of hard to win games when you score 7 points just to give up 7.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Kind of a stupid thought. He came off the bench and lead a team full of NFL talent to the cusp of a playoff birth in 2015. 2016 was a horrid season for ND all around but the offense under Kizer was still a 30+PPG offense and he was the best player on it.

Do you ever have a post that doesn't start with "you're an idiot", "that's stupid", or any other low IQ analysis?

Wait, what? Led a team full of NFL talent but didn't make the playoffs? Is that supposed to be impressive? Kizer is a 60% passer in college....he left a ton of plays on the field. His accuracy, even when his mechanics were good was all over the place. He certainly did not elevate those around him and there are questions about his passion for the game. I see why people like him...he has talent and he has potential which everyone likes to throw around. But his tape isn't very impressive at all. You can always point to his arm and his mobility and say this guy has a chance based on potential....but I just don't see it translating personally.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you ever have a post that doesn't start with "you're an idiot", "that's stupid", or any other low IQ analysis?
When responding to you? No.

But that's more your fault than mine.

Kizer is a 60% passer in college....
This has been covered in depth and ad nauseum around here as to the actual analysis of why.

there are questions about his passion for the game.
No, there is not.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard Kizer missed 12 throws at his Pro Day...most guys on average miss less than 10 during their well rehearsed workouts in the underwear Olympics.

Not really true. There were 12 incompletes. Six of those were drops.

Here's who he was throwing to:

Amir Carlisle(hasn't thrown to him in a year)
Tarean Folston(RB)
Chase Hounshell (Converted DE playing TE)
Jonas Gray (Graduated in 2011)
Corey Robinson (Hasn't thrown to him in a year)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Wait, what? Led a team full of NFL talent but didn't make the playoffs? Is that supposed to be impressive? Kizer is a 60% passer in college....he left a ton of plays on the field. His accuracy, even when his mechanics were good was all over the place. He certainly did not elevate those around him and there are questions about his passion for the game. I see why people like him...he has talent and he has potential which everyone likes to throw around. But his tape isn't very impressive at all. You can always point to his arm and his mobility and say this guy has a chance based on potential....but I just don't see it translating personally.

Exactly, his risk factors outweigh his positives especially when compared to other QBs in the draft. It's not worth investing the next decade in a guy who has a higher risk factor than other QBs.

This also bleeds over into the other QBs who the Bears might draft. It's a down year for QBs in general so you could argue that none are worth drafting. I'm arguing to not draft the third best QB in this draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly, his risk factors outweigh his positives especially when compared to other QBs in the draft. It's not worth investing the next decade in a guy who has a higher risk factor than other QBs.

This also bleeds over into the other QBs who the Bears might draft. It's a down year for QBs in general so you could argue that none are worth drafting. I'm arguing to not draft the third best QB in this draft.

Part of me feels the same way. Draft the best guy in this class, or at least your favourite, the numbers would tell you that it is the better option.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You're going to get Nathan Peterman, and you're going to like it!