Cubs starting rotation

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs have decided to begin the season with a starting five of LHP*Jon Lester, RHP*Jake Arrieta, RHP*John Lackey, LHP*Brett Anderson*and RHP*Kyle Hendricks.

I'm glad Montgomery will be in the pen, I think the pen will be stronger with him...

Maddon says he likes the matchups early on with Hendricks starting in 5th spot...

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Joe didn't want Anderson and Lester going back to back. But picking Lackey over Hendricks as the 3 was bewildering. Must be a match up issue where some teams go 4 guys early season with off days and they want to have Kyle getting into those games where the ace comes up in a 4 man rotation.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks is going to be the 5th starter out of the gate, that by no means makes him the 5th starter. A lot of people getting their undies in a bunch over this and it's damn silly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the first time thru rotation it doesn't matter
Its more about match ups then....

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

And left / right. If Lester is one, then Anderson should not be 5.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe didn't want Anderson and Lester going back to back. But picking Lackey over Hendricks as the 3 was bewildering. Must be a match up issue where some teams go 4 guys early season with off days and they want to have Kyle getting into those games where the ace comes up in a 4 man rotation.

He may have a reason he wants Lackey from a pitch style perspective to follow Arrieta, rather than Hendricks. Lackey changes speeds and pitches without fear, where Hendricks relies on subtle movement more.

Hendricks subtle movement following Arrieta's dramatic movement can have a negative impact for Hendricks potentially. Trust in Madden, he has a reason or some numbers to back his determination.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks is clearly the Rodney Dangerfield of the cubs pitchers. Probably the first pitcher ever that received Cy Young votes and was still the bottom of the rotation.

If this was Lester, Lackey, or Jake they would be bitching til the off season. If you want to split Anderson and Lester, you simply put Jake in the 1 spot.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He may have a reason he wants Lackey from a pitch style perspective to follow Arrieta, rather than Hendricks. Lackey changes speeds and pitches without fear, where Hendricks relies on subtle movement more.

Hendricks subtle movement following Arrieta's dramatic movement can have a negative impact for Hendricks potentially. Trust in Madden, he has a reason or some numbers to back his determination.

Subtle movement? What? Lackey just throws harder when he gets in trouble and nobody's movement is even close to Jakes, who is always high 80's -95. That's just another excuse to keep Hendricks down.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd rather see something like Arrieta/Lester/Hendricks/Anderson/Lackey or swapping Lackey and Anderson

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Lester and Anderson have very similar profiles in terms of pitching and how they pitch so it likely makes Lester less effective to follow Anderson as teams and hitters would have just seen a lefty who pounds the lower half of the zone the day before.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Stilll makes no sense. Maddon has also said he wants to use 6, 3 of which are lefties, so either way, Lester will have to throw behind a lefty at some point. But of course, this team, they will just shove Hendricks down another notch and put Montgomery after Anderson.

Its lester, you know, personal catcher, dont make him throw to bases unless he throws his glove with the ball. Maybe he needs to work on taking the glove off, put the ball in where the hand goes and tossing to first while paying 25 million a year.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lackey is a little bit of a head case.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk