Gruden QB Camp: Watson

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMm1GtqddMo

I am a Trubisky > Watson guy. But I am telling you, I like Watson's attitude, demeanour and behaviour off the field and that does count for a lot. He is a leader and I like that about him and he works hard.

I get it with Watson, I get the hype but more because of the intangibles he possesses. He talks and sounds the part, he puts in the work like an NFL QB. He just needs to look more of the part on the field to me and he has the work ethic to prove me wrong that he is the best QB in this draft.

I can't be mad at drafting Watson at #3 at all because I know I am getting a leader, a great teammate and a guy who will work his tail off to get better.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes...he possesses the character of a guy you look back at 3 years from now and say "yeah...obviously he was going to will himself to make it and become great."

So does Tebow, but its still the right kind of upside risk to hitch yourself to. A hard worker who gets up from physical shots, has arm talent and is mobile. He might not have Vick speed or Newton size to run for over 500 yards, but I guarantee you he can buy himself time and be a nuisance QB, the kind that tires out defenses over the course of a game and then beats them on the last drive.

If that sounds familiar to his college career it should. Thats who he is.

And I believe he will do anything and take any shot to win, which will inspire his teammates to do the same.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree with all you guys.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I definitely get the Watson love even though I'm not overly high on him. But there's no doubt he would bring some excitement and hope to this franchise, if only for a little while. My main concern with Watson is if he can run a pro offense and quickly diagnose the field. Also, can he thrive when not relying on his legs/designed runs as much and will he be able to win from the pocket? His arm is pretty good, although not great. His intangibles/leadership seem to be his best selling point. He was a winning QB on a very good team in college. If Pace picks him at #3, let's roll, I'm in....but I'm not sure if he's going to be that guy in the pros like he was in college. We'll see. I do like that he still has a chip on his shoulder though. The previous ACL injury is another concern of mine. He runs a lot and he's going to get whopped even more in the pros.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMm1GtqddMo

I am a Trubisky > Watson guy. But I am telling you, I like Watson's attitude, demeanour and behaviour off the field and that does count for a lot. He is a leader and I like that about him and he works hard.

I get it with Watson, I get the hype but more because of the intangibles he possesses. He talks and sounds the part, he puts in the work like an NFL QB. He just needs to look more of the part on the field to me and he has the work ethic to prove me wrong that he is the best QB in this draft.

I can't be mad at drafting Watson at #3 at all because I know I am getting a leader, a great teammate and a guy who will work his tail off to get better.

Both Trubisky and Watson possess some of the same intangible qualities that COULD make them good to great QBs in the NFL. Both of them are strong leaders who bounce back with a bit of arrogance and coolness under pressure that can go a long way towards leading an NFL team as their franchise QB. From the get go I was not a fan of Trubisky in the least bit, but I watched the Pitt and Florida State games and he won me over with those two performances. Watson's record speaks for itself.

You can be a system QB like Mariota was a system QB at Oregon, but can you elevate the program to a new level? Mariota and Watson elevated their respective programs to heights not seen before and because of those types of qualities I'd be happy if the Bears drafted Watson. Trubisky and Watson are very similar, I just thinkg Trubisky looks a little bit better with his game. He's more crisp in his movements.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Watson has proven he can elevate an "O" and a FB team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both Trubisky and Watson possess some of the same intangible qualities that COULD make them good to great QBs in the NFL. Both of them are strong leaders who bounce back with a bit of arrogance and coolness under pressure that can go a long way towards leading an NFL team as their franchise QB. From the get go I was not a fan of Trubisky in the least bit, but I watched the Pitt and Florida State games and he won me over with those two performances. Watson's record speaks for itself.

You can be a system QB like Mariota was a system QB at Oregon, but can you elevate the program to a new level? Mariota and Watson elevated their respective programs to heights not seen before and because of those types of qualities I'd be happy if the Bears drafted Watson. Trubisky and Watson are very similar, I just thinkg Trubisky looks a little bit better with his game. He's more crisp in his movements.

Trubisky's personality seems closer to Mariota's. I see Watson as more large and in charge that either. You still need to perform in the bigs to keep that respect.