What I Think Happens Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Peterman is nowhere near a 2nd round talent.

Why is it OK to over draft him but not Watson or Trubisky at 3 overall?

Point is you gotta reach for a qb no matter what, reach for the best in the class?

I am on board with you, but I do not see the Bears risking the 3rd pick.

Peterman is a 3rd round QB and will get drafted in the back end of the 2nd.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Peterman is nowhere near a 2nd round talent.

Why is it OK to over draft him but not Watson or Trubisky at 3 overall?

Point is you gotta reach for a qb no matter what, why not reach for the best in the class?

Is it a reach if the QB turns out to be a Pro Bowler?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Is it a reach if the QB turns out to be a Pro Bowler?

So you're saying Peterman is going to be a pro bowler?

Lol

Can I have your crystal ball please?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lol

If you pick him at the back end of the 2nd round he doesn't really need to be a Pro Bowler to be a good value.

If you pick a QB at 3 they really do need to make a Pro Bowl for it to be a good value.

I am fine with a QB at 3, but I do not see the Bears doing it.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Watch Adams, he has an impact in the run game.

Safeties have become one of the more demanding positions on a defense. You have to be able to play the run as teams are in nickel so much and you need to be able to cover hyper athletic TEs 1 on 1 because you cannot always sub a coverage LB onto the field.

I think Adams is a fine safety as far as safeties go. I think he'd become a good player for us, just probably not the impact guy we're all expecting at #3. How many safeties in the league right now would you give up the 3rd pick for? I can't think of a single one, but maybe i'm forgetting someone.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
If you pick him at the back end of the 2nd round he doesn't really need to be a Pro Bowler to be a good value.

If you pick a QB at 3 they really do need to make a Pro Bowl for it to be a good value.

I am fine with a QB at 3, but I do not see the Bears doing it.

Good value for Peterman is the 4th round.
He won't last that long cause teams over draft qbs

Pro bowl talk is bullshit especially now a days where the pro bowl is a joke of what it used to be

Lastly I agree I don't see the Bears drafting a qb at 3 overall even though they most certainly should. They don't have the balls to do it, instead signing shit stains like Glennon and Sanchez and pandering to us about how there isn't qb value at 3

Same bullshit we hear ever year

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garrett will be there at 3, I have no insider knowledge just the positive waves man !!

a765106e575bb8807328407f4e7edb72.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

See this is where I don't get the whole "value" thing when it comes to a QB. Surely either a QB is a legit franchise QB or he isn't. If he is, it's a success at absolutely any pick. If he isn't, it's a waste of any pick. I don't see QB like other positions where you can get away with having a mediocre player here and there in among a team of mostly better players. The QB is everything. Whenever you get deep into the playoffs, it's always teams with franchise QBs who are competitive on a consistent basis.

So to me, QB is more of a binary thing than other positions. He's either the guy or he isn't. It's fine to have a guard or a linebacker who you spend a 5th round pick on and he's just a guy. The value there is fine, and you probably have better players around him. He's just a cog in the machine. I see no such value in a later round QB because all it means is you still need a better QB.

I just can't care about "value" at the QB position at all. That's why if he doesn't take a swing on Watson/Kizer/Trubisky, I'd almost just as soon he not bother until next year and go for it then. Mid-to-late round developmental prospects are just a waste of a pick imo, when you could have had another positional player actually contributing or even starting.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lol

Not Peterman, I'm talking about Watson, Kizer, Trib, Mahomes, etc. If they turn out to be Pro Bowlers, then picking them at #3 would be pretty good 'value'. Or we could just continue to ignore the position.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Not Peterman, I'm talking about Watson, Kizer, Trib, Mahomes, etc. If they turn out to be Pro Bowlers, then picking them at #3 would be pretty good 'value'. Or we could just continue to ignore the position.

Like another poster just said if you think he's a franchise qb you pick him at 3.

Fuck value.

I'm all about Watson or Trubisky at 3 but this organization lacks the testicular fortitude to make that move

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I think Adams is a fine safety as far as safeties go. I think he'd become a good player for us, just probably not the impact guy we're all expecting at #3. How many safeties in the league right now would you give up the 3rd pick for? I can't think of a single one, but maybe i'm forgetting someone.

I think that's part of the appeal in getting a rare talent at safety. There simply aren't that many around and the ones out there (Thomas, Berry, Collins) majorly impact those defenses. Safeties who can cover, hit, tackle and have great instincts don't come around often.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
See this is where I don't get the whole "value" thing when it comes to a QB. Surely either a QB is a legit franchise QB or he isn't. If he is, it's a success at absolutely any pick. If he isn't, it's a waste of any pick. I don't see QB like other positions where you can get away with having a mediocre player here and there in among a team of mostly better players. The QB is everything. Whenever you get deep into the playoffs, it's always teams with franchise QBs who are competitive on a consistent basis.

So to me, QB is more of a binary thing than other positions. He's either the guy or he isn't. It's fine to have a guard or a linebacker who you spend a 5th round pick on and he's just a guy. The value there is fine, and you probably have better players around him. He's just a cog in the machine. I see no such value in a later round QB because all it means is you still need a better QB.

I just can't care about "value" at the QB position at all. That's why if he doesn't take a swing on Watson/Kizer/Trubisky, I'd almost just as soon he not bother until next year and go for it then. Mid-to-late round developmental prospects are just a waste of a pick imo, when you could have had another positional player actually contributing or even starting.

Hate to always seem like I'm beating up on the guy but I bring him up a lot. Alex Smith. Former #1 pick in the draft. He's turned himself into a damn good Pro QB. Efficient, winner, etc etc. But he's not a guy to elevate his team and not in the class of the elite. If he's a third rounder sure it's "value" but in terms of the grand scheme of things and what you're wanting out of the position .....does it really matter if the "value" was good? Kyle Orton was a tremendous value to for his draft slot....what did that translate to big picture at the QB position?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Bottom line and I think we have been saying this all offseason long no rb, wr, safety, de, lb is going to turn us into legit consistent contenders. Until they solve the qb position we will be nothing. So far their plan at qb has been not drafting one for two years, rolling out with same loser for two years, overpaying a backup, and signing a bunch of has beens or never was. It looks more like a plan of let's get a serviceable situation going just to save jobs more so then making bold moves

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I don't understand these "draft experts" that say none of these QB's are worth a top 10 pick but they're worth being drafted at the end of the 1st round. If you think they're worth being drafted anywhere in the 1st round then you better think they're a starting QB in the NFL in which case would mean they're worth drafting in the top 10/top 5 and with the 1st overall pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bottom line and I think we have been saying this all offseason long no rb, wr, safety, de, lb is going to turn us into legit consistent contenders. Until they solve the qb position we will be nothing. So far their plan at qb has been not drafting one for two years, rolling out with same loser for two years, overpaying a backup, and signing a bunch of has beens or never was. It looks more like a plan of let's get a serviceable situation going just to save jobs more so then making bold moves

Here's a list of the QB's that the Bears had a chance of drafting since Pace has been with us.
P.Lynch
C.Hackenberg
J.Brissett
C.Kessler
D.Prescott--1
C.Jones
K.Hogan
N.Sudfeld
J.Rudock
B.Allen
J.Driskell
B.Doughty

G.Grayson
S.Mannion
B.Petty
B.Hundley
T.Semien

After Dak which ones is it that you're so mad that Pace passed on. I'm really hoping i can get a real answer to this question and not just jumping around the question with foolish answers which is what usually happens. For me i don't see one single QB after Dak that i'm mad about Pace passing on.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand these "draft experts" that say none of these QB's are worth a top 10 pick but they're worth being drafted at the end of the 1st round. If you think they're worth being drafted anywhere in the 1st round then you better think they're a starting QB in the NFL in which case would mean they're worth drafting in the top 10/top 5 and with the 1st overall pick.

This talk has always cracked me up.I tend to look at players by "Round" rather than pick..and most NFL teams do too. If you look at it by pick and you're a QB starved team you aren't going to take a 1st round QB at #5 but will trade back up to take him later in the 1st? You've just spent three picks to get two players typically at that point. QB operates most times outside the norms of the draft and it's galling that the talking heads never address that. I never get too up or down on a team "reaching" for a guy. If you like him, and have him graded in that round, take him.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a list of the QB's that the Bears had a chance of drafting since Pace has been with us.
P.Lynch
C.Hackenberg
J.Brissett
C.Kessler
D.Prescott--1
C.Jones
K.Hogan
N.Sudfeld
J.Rudock
B.Allen
J.Driskell
B.Doughty

G.Grayson
S.Mannion
B.Petty
B.Hundley

T.Semien

After Dak which ones is it that you're so mad that Pace passed on. I'm really hoping i can get a real answer to this question and not just jumping around the question with foolish answers which is what usually happens. For me i don't see one single QB after Dak that i'm mad about Pace passing on.

Bolded are guys I would have taken shots at.

I didn't go and look at who the Bears took at the picks where they "passed" on those guys but generally speaking those are QB's I "liked or thought were draftable.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think were the argument comes into play is based on the players that you would be passing on to take the QB.

If a QB is a 1st round pick, but not a top 10 guy, I think his value slots in as soon as the blue chip talents are gone. You would not under any circumstance take Watson over Myles Garrett.

The question is how many blue chip/stand out players are in the draft, because the QBs in this class have value as soon as those guys are spent.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think were the argument comes into play is based on the players that you would be passing on to take the QB.

If a QB is a 1st round pick, but not a top 10 guy, I think his value slots in as soon as the blue chip talents are gone. You would not under any circumstance take Watson over Myles Garrett.

The question is how many blue chip/stand out players are in the draft, because the QBs in this class have value as soon as those guys are spent.
How many are in this draft? Garrett..then...? Anyone else?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'd take Watson over Garrett if i was convinced he was gonna be a franchise QB.