What I Think Happens Mock Draft

Liked Posts:
Gross..we just signed 3 DBs, drafted 2 safeties last year and still have Porter an Fuller...I dont see us taking at safety at 3 when its the deepest position in the draft. DBs have the highest bust rates in the 1st round too. Take the best offensive weapon or trade down for Taco Charlton/OH Howard or Mike Williams

Luke

Liked Posts:
That's true. I'm.just saying what I think the plan will be. Of course, if the Niners take Thomas and the Bears are set on him.... That might make a QB at 3 more likely.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm sticking with the chalk - Adams or Hooker if Thomas is gone.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
You have to weigh the chance he has to be great.

Would picking Peterman at 3 be a reach/bad value?

Any QB can be a reach/bad value depending on the chance they have to be good and the players you are passing on to select them.

Lets use an example. You take a QB supposedly rated 20th overall with the third pick. He reaches full potential, top ten QB.
Does it really matter what the other players rated ahead of him do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Watson @ 3 + 1 year of tutelage/preseason reps and some limited game time experience in 2017, come 2018 still less than one of the top QB's in that draft + the multiple firsts the Bears will need to trade up (assuming a 5-7 win season)?

I'm not so sure this is the case, at all, and people aren't thinking it through.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is Watson @ 3 + 1 year of tutelage/preseason reps and some limited game time experience in 2017, come 2018 still less than one of the top QB's in that draft + the multiple firsts the Bears will need to trade up (assuming a 5-7 win season)?

I'm not so sure this is the case, at all, and people aren't thinking it through.

Personally I would draft Watson.

I don't think the Bears are going to.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gross..we just signed 3 DBs, drafted 2 safeties last year and still have Porter an Fuller...I dont see us taking at safety at 3 when its the deepest position in the draft. DBs have the highest bust rates in the 1st round too. Take the best offensive weapon or trade down for Taco Charlton/OH Howard or Mike Williams

All of the Bears DBs are bad.

Porter and Fuller suck.

I wish the Bears could snap their fingers and trade down, but other teams don't like to give up picks in deep drafts.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree, although I still hold out hope Pace surprises us. As of right now, Watson @ 3 or a trade back up in to the later portion of round 1 to grab Mahomes is the only thing that can save this offseason from being a colossal failure.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of the Bears DBs are bad.

Porter and Fuller suck.

I wish the Bears could snap their fingers and trade down, but other teams don't like to give up picks in deep drafts.

If the Bears draft a CB, they are going to probably have to cut someone. Hopefully it's Porter.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller
Adrian Amos
Deon Bush
Deiondre Hall
DeAndre Houston-Carson
Brock Vereen

Not much faith in the Bears drafting any good secondary help, should have addressed it in FA.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller
Adrian Amos
Deon Bush
Deiondre Hall
DeAndre Houston-Carson
Brock Vereen

Not much faith in the Bears drafting any good secondary help, should have addressed it in FA.

Brock Vereen?

tpoldjd

Liked Posts:
Defense needs a leader. Draft Adams at 3 or trade back and take Foster at LB. Both have leadership abilities. Draft Jerod Evans in the 5th and let him learn.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Defense needs a leader. Draft Adams at 3 or trade back and take Foster at LB. Both have leadership abilities. Draft Jerod Evans in the 5th and let him learn.

Trade back and get a MLB? Truly, we get what we deserve!

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the team to keep an eye on reference a potential trade-up is the Cardinals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jFwvlvgb4

Above is a podcast from The Herd (If you like him or not- don't care), but Cowherd interviewed Bruce Arians. The interview with Arians starts at 13:30 if you want to listen to Arians interview. I advise against this as he's so cool you'll want to kick yourself as Trestman was picked just ahead of him to be our HC. Anyway, he speaks about Deshaun Watson at 22:30...and its high praise. He also talks about his connection to Dabo Swinney, which is very relevant regarding Watson.

Schrager and Kiper both have mocked Watson to the Cards at 13, which is also significant as both Schrager and Kiper clearly have contacts throughout the league and have had so for years.

However, if a QB savvy staff like the Cards deem Watson a franchise QB- so will other teams. I also don't buy Jacksonville with newer presences at HC and in the front office won't want a different future at QB than Bortles. Certainly the Jets at 6 are a decent bet to take a QB after bringing in McCown to start for 2017 (if Hackenberg were the QB they hoped he'd be, he'd be the guy by now IMO). The Browns will take Garrett and I don't see Watson being a fit with Shanny should they surprise everyone at 2 and go QB.

This puts the Bears in a favorable position and I hope they talk to the Cardinals come draft day.

If the Cardinals offered #13, #45, #77, #157 and '18 2nd for #3 and #111 (Essentially a wash per draft value chart)...would you do it? I wouldn't blink and get ready to target guys like Foster and Ramczyk at #13 while having 5 picks in the top 77 and picking up a 2nd next year. Hell they could even look at Kizer/Mahomes at #13, but still have more than enough ammo to deal back up and take one of those guys in the early 20s if they'd like.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is Watson your first option at QB? I wouldn't have an issue with Watson at 3, either.

I agree with your earlier sentiment about wanting a better QB than Peterman. I'd be ticked if we walked away with Peterman as our future QB in this thing. I want one of the top 4 in Trubisky/Watson/Kizer/Mahomes....I just feel like their ceilings are so much higher. Peterman may have a higher floor than them, but I don't care.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, although I still hold out hope Pace surprises us. As of right now, Watson @ 3 or a trade back up in to the later portion of round 1 to grab Mahomes is the only thing that can save this offseason from being a colossal failure.

Yeap anything that doesn't involve drafting a QB with one of those first 2 picks will be a disappointment.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like another poster just said if you think he's a franchise qb you pick him at 3.

Fuck value.

I'm all about Watson or Trubisky at 3 but this organization lacks the testicular fortitude to make that move

Or maybe they are better talent evaluators then you. Nah, lacks courage is more dramatic.

So much stupid.