WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1[1] Cleveland Browns: DE Myles Garrett [Texas A&M]
1[2] San Francisco 49ers: DE Solomon Thomas [Stanford]

1[3] S Jamal Adams [LSU] 6'1" 214lbs, 4.56 [40], 18 reps, 31.5" vert, 10' broad

This is the highest pick the Bears had had in 40 years and I am sure that Ryan Pace feels the pressure to add a long term difference making player to the Bears with this pick. Safety has been the Bears biggest need for a decade, it has been their Achilles heel on defense for the last 3 coaches and by adding Adams it stops the problem. Adams is a safety that can do everything he can play in the box, he can cover man to man, and he can play in the middle of a zone defense. He is a ferocious hitter and a very solid tackler and those are musts if you are playing for Vic Fangio. This is all a bonus to the fact that he is an incredible leader and should immediately step into a void in the backed of the secondary.

Executive 2: LSU safety Jamal Adams
"He can play high or low, depending on what you want him to do in your defense. His range and angles are phenomenal. He can cover wide receivers and tight ends. However, the one thing that really sets him apart is his leadership. Players, coaches and support staff at LSU love the kid and then you get to finally meet him at the combine and you go, 'Holy crap, he's even better than they said.' You can really feel his presence. He's a program-changing leader. Whatever he's selling, I'll take two." ​

USATSI_9527731_168381178_lowres-650x342.jpg

2[36] CB Kevin King [Washington] 6'3" 200lbs, 4.43 [40], 11 reps, 39.5" vert

People may be wanting a QB here, but I think it is the worst value in the draft picking through the scraps of tier 1 and passing on 1st round DB or TE talent that will be there.

The Bears secondary has to be the focus this offseason as it routinely hurt them last season. The Bears do not have a #1 CB and last season they played a number of CBs that should not be in the NFL. The Bears signings have been stop gap [Amukamara] or have been upside swings [Cooper] and not true investments in finding a #1 CB. The Bears clearly value long CBs [Hall 6'2", Cooper 6'2"] and they value players that can make plays on the ball after a pathetic 8 interception season. King had 2 interceptions last season, but also added 14 PD to that total as well. King gives the Bears with #1 CB physical tools and a ton of size. He also has experience in a press system and has the size to disrupt routes and cover bigger WRs.

Washington+v+Arizona+State+j5QbFRadOlXl.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 3[67] and 4[111] and CB Kyle Fuller to the Oakland Raiders for 2[54] and 5[168]

2[54] QB Nate Peterman [Pitt] 6'3" 225lbs, 10" hands, 4.82 [40], 31" vert, 9'1" broad

I do not think that the Bears are going to go through this draft without adding a serious QB prospect to the competition. Not only has Pace talked about drafting a QB every year and not done it, but the Bears need someone to turn to if Mike Glennon does not play well. The rumors out of the Senior Bowl were that the Bears loved Peterman and that week together could be big in the Bears feelings towards the QB class. Peterman appears to be a game manager, but he seems to have a little more juice than that. Peterman may fit the bill for what the Bears are looking for right now. He can manage a game, make a few plays, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

9594880-nathan-peterman-ncaa-football-georgia-tech-pittsburgh-1.jpg

4[117] OT Adam Bisnowaty [Pitt] 6'6" 304lbs, 34" arms, 5.23 [40], 23 reps, 29.5" vert

The Bears are clearly not sold on their OT position as they tried to add Wagner and added Compton. The Bears need competition and depth Leno and they can add that with Bisnowaty. Bisnowaty has 35 starts at LT, has excellent size and length, and has a very strong hand punch. He can come in and compete with Leno and at a minimum provide the best OT depth the Bears have had in years.

Cy8HJYgWgAAQ7F4.jpg

5[147] OLB Daeshon Hall [Texas A&M] 6'5" 265lbs, 35" arms, 4.76 [40], 18 reps, 37" vert

This is not a pick based on production, but instead of physical tools. Hall should not have to play this season and can develop with Fangio to maximize his physical tools. incredible arm length, explosive athletic numbers and great size make Hall an intriguing player for the future and someone that the Bears can work with. It seems that Roy Robertson-Harris has moved to DE and is up to 285lbs, so that leaves the 5th OLB spot open for a young developmental player.

daeshonhallsmall.jpg

5[168] DE Nazair Jones [UNC] 6'5" 304lbs, 35" arms, 5.11 [40], 24.5" vert

The Bears clearly are not ready to just hand the RE job to Jon Bullard who struggled last season. If they had Jean-Francois this pick could easily change, but as of right now they need another option at DE. Jones might not be the most explosive athlete, but he has the size and length that they look for on the DL. Jones was a productive player for UNC with 9 TFL, 2.5 sacks and 3 PD and should be able to step into the rotation early in his career.

Nazair-Jones.jpg

7[220] WR Jehu Chesson [Michigan] 6'3" 204lbs, 4.47, 35" vert, 10 reps

The Bears clearly added to their WR core, but they did not add a lot of speed and they did not add anyone who can contribute on special teams. Chesson is a big bodied WR, who can run, and most importantly can block and play special teams. My hope is that he can push Bellamy off the roster and upgrade the size on the backend of the WR core.

Jehu+Chesson+Hawaii+v+Michigan+xZDARrm4zMyl.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Glennon, Peterman, Sanchez
RB: Howard, Langford, Carey, Cunningham
WR: Meredith, White, Wright, Wheaton, Bellamy, Chesson
TE: Miller, Sims, Brown
LT: Leno, Bisnowaty
LG: Sitton, Kush
C: Whitehair, Grasu
RG: Long
RT: Massie, Compton

RE: Bullard, Jones, Robertson-Harris​
NT: Goldman, Jenkins, Sutton
LE: Hicks, Unrien
OLB: Floyd, Young, Hall
ILB: Freeman, Anderson
ILB: Trevathan [PUP], Kiatokowsi, Timu
OLB: McPhee, Houston
CB: Amukamara, Cooper, King, Hall, Callahan, Leblanc
FS: Demps, Amos
SS: Adams, Bush

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You should follow up with the "What I want them to do draft", then call it a day :)

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ideal QB room for Peterman to learn how to land a starting job despite lack of talent.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adams is the only defensive pick I love enough to take edge off the continuing QB disappointment.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think Bears are going to draft a QB with their first overall pick, whether it be thru #3 or a trade down..

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Two great DB picks in there, and we need DB help. I am not up for relying on one-year prove it deals to pan out and contribute after this season. With the draft class very deep in both S and CB, both of your first two picks are fantastic.

However, this is the year to draft a TE. There will be talented guys available through the 4th round, and we need a reliable receiving option over the middle. It would be foolish to walk away from this draft without having selected one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the overall idea is correct. I don't think they'll be trading up under any circumstance though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the overall idea is correct. I don't think they'll be trading up under any circumstance though.

I don't think you can say that with any ceratainty considering Pace did it last year in the first round.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Immediate starter at #3 (Allen/Thomas/Adams/Hooker)
and QB of the future at #36 (Trubisky/Watson/Kizer/Mahomes)
would be a best option for Bears, IMO.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with this draft. We have a solid front seven already and this would improve our secondary immensely. We need secondary help and a QB in the worst of ways.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Serious qb prospect? Lol

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there such a thing as a bridge QB prospect? The prospect until the real prospect arives?

Either way, I will try to be ok with what could be a promising young defense and solid running game. I just hope the bears are able to make it so there aren't 9 guys in the box.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Expect the Patriots to jump into the first round- question is who do they trade with. I expect a 3 way trade. Here's their current picks:

Third round — No. 72 (from Panthers)
Third round — No. 96
*Fourth-rounder — No. 118 *Forfeited in Deflategate (from Saints)
Fourth round — No. 131
Fifth round — No. 163 (from Broncos)
Fifth round — No. 183
Sixth round — No. 200 (from Colts)
Seventh round — No. 239 (from Lions)

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My ideal scenario, trade #3 to Carolina for #8 and #40.

Carolina jumps up for Solomon Thomas.

Bears select Watson at #8. With #36 and #40 they take the best secondary player available and get Watson a TE he can grow with.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1[1] Cleveland Browns: DE Myles Garrett [Texas A&M]
1[2] San Francisco 49ers: DE Solomon Thomas [Stanford]

1[3] S Jamal Adams [LSU] 6'1" 214lbs, 4.56 [40], 18 reps, 31.5" vert, 10' broad

This is the highest pick the Bears had had in 40 years and I am sure that Ryan Pace feels the pressure to add a long term difference making player to the Bears with this pick. Safety has been the Bears biggest need for a decade, it has been their Achilles heel on defense for the last 3 coaches and by adding Adams it stops the problem. Adams is a safety that can do everything he can play in the box, he can cover man to man, and he can play in the middle of a zone defense. He is a ferocious hitter and a very solid tackler and those are musts if you are playing for Vic Fangio. This is all a bonus to the fact that he is an incredible leader and should immediately step into a void in the backed of the secondary.

LOL. And what is it that makes you believe that Ryan Pace "feels the pressure". Looking at the free agency period so far, it looks like quite the opposite. Pace looks like a guy that is confident in his system. There is absolutely no reason to believe he will shy away from it now and not just pick the most talented BPA at #3 rather than the safe pick.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Thanks Windy.

I don't think they'll trade back up into the 2nd round.

I'd be surprised if Pace drafts a safety (not named Hooker) at 3.

If Garrett and Thomas are gone and there is no trade back I'd prefer Marshon Lattimore and then Obi Melifonwu and then hope that either Nathan Peterman or Davis Webb are available in the 3rd.

If Garrett and Thomas are gone I hope Pace likes a QB. I hope he likes a QB anyway in the 1st and if not and the two OLBs are gone then I pray for a trade back.

What I'd be happy with.....

Deshaun Watson (QB), Obi Melifonwu (SS), Antonio Garcia (OT), Jake Butt (TE), Carlos Henderson (WR), Brendan Langley (CB), Zane Gonzalez (K)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Immediate starter at #3 (Allen/Thomas/Adams/Hooker)
and QB of the future at #36 (Trubisky/Watson/Kizer/Mahomes)
would be a best option for Bears, IMO.

That would be ideal but I do not see the QB talent falling to 36 when you consider that the number of teams that could reasonable go QB that pick between 3 and 36.

NYJ
Buf
Clev
Ari
Hou
KC
Clev
SF

I do not see how any of the 4 make it through that gaunlet.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think the sad part is when it goes down like this it will be used as an excuse not to draft a qb the next two seasons. Our qb position will be held on to by two stiffs