SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You realize Pace's background was in PRO scouting, not college, right? So maybe he doesn't view Free Agency as anything more then a stop gap because he spent a decade watching free agents not perform up to their contracts.

You sort of just backed my point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ryan Pace has a flair (wooo!) for scouting kids coming out of college.

But that's where his talents max out. He does NOT have good instincts when it comes to veteran NFL players. He doesn't understand the dollars and sense of NFL free agency.

He DEFINTITLEY has no feel for good veteran QB's.

So that's begs the question...why the H not draft one in the first 2 rounds this April, Ry?

I have faith in your college scouting. So go scout the best QB in this draft and SELECT HIM!

Demote yourself to Head of College Scouting though and then hire someone to handle pro personnel decisions.
That's how this team should be run. Hang onto Pace, but split the pro personnel decision making with an outside hire.

If this was the pre 1993 NFL, Pace could be GM I suppose, because teams were still built through drafting.
Those great 80's and early 90's Bears teams were ALL DRAFT. But I don't think its any coincidence that the birth of free agency has directly coincided with 25 years of mediocrity for the Bears.

Because we have YET to find a GM who can handle BOTH pro and college scouting.

So why not make TWO hires. One for drafting and one for pro crap.

is it that crazy? I know it is to the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips.

So I guess it will be a cold day in Hades before they figure that out.

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

By the way it's dollars and cents not sense....lol

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Because he mentioned scouting?

Because he mentioned how Pace spent a decade watching free agents blow...that HE helped scout.

But since he's taken the Bears job, he's shown himself to be a pretty good judge of college talent.

But his free agency resume with Chicago is VERY shaky.

Liked Posts:
Could it be that Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot?

giphy.gif

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why waste money on big name free agency? The Bears are at least 4 yrs from being a dominant team, and this will come from solid drafting, not blowing up the cap getting big free agents who will again be free agents or out of the league before the Bears are good again.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Because he mentioned how Pace spent a decade watching free agents blow...that HE helped scout.

But since he's taken the Bears job, he's shown himself to be a pretty good judge of college talent.

No it's not, because he hasn't been reckless and has committed very little to long term contracts. Free Agency is fool's gold.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Why waste money on big name free agency? The Bears are at least 4 yrs from being a dominant team, and this will come from solid drafting, not blowing up the cap getting big free agents who will again be free agents or out of the league before the Bears are good again.

You don't have to overspend in order to have a good free agency period.

Glennon?

Sanchez?

Wouldve been cheaper to re-sign Hoyer...a QB familiar with Loggains system.

It's almost as if Pace is already gearing up to jettison Fox and staff in 2018.

Why else would he make NO effort to keep.Hoyer and Barkley?

He's not.worried about Loggains system.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize this is sarcasm, but Pace has only had 2 full years so far and he was faced with the task of completely overhauling the oldest roster in the league with zero cornerstones on defense and a bunch of aging, one foot out the door talent on offense. He's doing things the right way. Let's see what his draft looks like. The Bears are still going to be in great shape cap wise for the next few seasons.

the worst fucking team in the history of the NFL, the 2009 Lions went 0-16. In three years they were 10-6 and at least respectable. This fucking narrative that it takes longer than three years to make real progress in the win/loss column has to stop by the Pace fucktards. Another sub 500 year and Pace will have managed to under perform the Lions....bravo!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
the worst fucking team in the history of the NFL, the 2009 Lions went 0-16. In three years they were 10-6 and at least respectable. This fucking narrative that it takes longer than three years to make real progress in the win/loss column has to stop by the Pace fucktards. Another sub 500 year and Pace will have managed to under perform the Lions....bravo!

Yeah because they drafted the best quarterback after that year with their first overall pick. Then went 2-14, and drafted Suh, an inarguably dominant (if dirty) pass rusher. They already had the best WR since Moss on roster. And they didnt give up on their high draft pick despite dealing with injuries in both of his first two years.

So yeah, they had a quicker turnaround than us, but they took the best QB in the draft and it took him 3 years to put it together with the best WR in the league and a really good defense to be 10-6. This is our first time getting a shot at the best QB (and we might not even have the pick of the litter, with Cle and SF in front of us). And in the meantime, we have put together a team with several players that we can build on going forward. Point is - it's all relative.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah because they drafted the best quarterback after that year with their first overall pick. Then went 2-14, and drafted Suh, an inarguably dominant (if dirty) pass rusher. They already had the best WR since Moss on roster. And they didnt give up on their high draft pick despite dealing with injuries in both of his first two years.

So yeah, they had a quicker turnaround than us, but they took the best QB in the draft and it took him 3 years to put it together with the best WR in the league and a really good defense to be 10-6. This is our first time getting a shot at the best QB (and we might not even have the pick of the litter, with Cle and SF in front of us). And in the meantime, we have put together a team with several players that we can build on going forward. Point is - it's all relative.

More excuses and ultimately a cop out. The 0-16 Lions had less talent than the team that Pace took over, and that is a fact.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
More excuses and ultimately a cop out. The 0-16 Lions had less talent than the team that Pace took over, and that is a fact.

The 0-16 Lions had the best WR since Moss, and then they drafted a QB that could threaten to air it out for 5k yards in a season. We had neither of those things, not even close. We have not had a shot at getting either of those things. That isnt a cop out, that is a fact.

And hey, let's not stop at that "magical" 10-6 season for DET. After that 0-16 season, they Hire Jim Schwartz and go 2-14, 6-10, then 10-6 and in the playoffs, and then fizzle out to go 4-12 and 7-9. Then Schwartz gets shitcanned and they hire a new and better coach. For all that "turnaround" that the Lions had, they didnt build a consistent winner. They just had everything fall into place for one year. So why exactly are we using the Lions as a comparison?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 0-16 Lions had the best WR since Moss, and then they drafted a QB that could threaten to air it out for 5k yards in a season. We had neither of those things, not even close. We have not had a shot at getting either of those things. That isnt a cop out, that is a fact.

And hey, let's not stop at that "magical" 10-6 season for DET. After that 0-16 season, they Hire Jim Schwartz and go 2-14, 6-10, then 10-6 and in the playoffs, and then fizzle out to go 4-12 and 7-9. Then Schwartz gets shitcanned and they hire a new and better coach. For all that "turnaround" that the Lions had, they didnt build a consistent winner. They just had everything fall into place for one year. So why exactly are we using the Lions as a comparison?

Pace inherited a team with 2 good WR's, and a QB that for the first 6 years, people on this board felt was greater than or at least equal to Stafford. I am using the Lions as a comparison, to show just how badly Pace is under performing, if performing at all. 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 is the progression one would expect during a rebuild, not this backwards progression crap. It's a whole hell of a lot better than 6-10, 3-13 and 2-14. The only thing you have managed to prove is that the Lions drafted better than Pace, and Swartz was a better coach then Fox.

And no, I am not saying the Lions built a consistent winner, your missing the point entirely. I am putting Pace's work into perspective. And FWIW, I would take Quin's year one draft over the idiot Pace's any day of the week. I would take Quin's year two FA over Pace's year three FA, again, any day of the week.

The Bears have become the bottom dwelling swine of the NFC North under Pace, something that the Pace fucktards don't seem bothered by. It doesn't change until Pace grows some stones and gets a QB, and not some 3rd round (or lower) dumpster diving project.

Year three of the rebuild and Glennon and Sanchez are your Qb's. The secondary is still a disaster. We have no Wr's to speak of. This franchise is so starved for something positive that they actually latch on and point to a good center for conformation Pace is doing his job for Christs sake.

Bravo Pace, Bravo!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Which ones do you see as VERY shaky?
A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
Q.Demps
J.Sitton
B.Massie--bad 1st half and good 2nd half of season
C.Meredith--UDFA
P.McPhee
D.Simms
M.Cooper
P.Amukamara--1 year deal
M.Wheaton--1 year deal
M.Sanchez--1 year deal
B.Cunningham--1 year deal and is just what we need behind Howard and for KR duties
K.Wright--1 year deal
J.Jenkins--1 year deal
M.Glennon--can get out of contract after 1 year
T.Compton--much needed swing tackle on 1 year deal
E.Royal--ended up a bad deal because of injuries but that's not on Pace
A.Rolle--bad signing

That's all i can think of right now but can't seem to find the VERY shaky signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.