Charles Barkley says dying wish would be to kill Skip Bayless on live TV

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Charles Barkley says dying wish would be to kill Skip Bayless on live TV

imrs.php

By Des Bieler March 24 at 1:40 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-on-live-tv/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_1_na

Charles Barkley’s antipathy for Skip Bayless goes back a long way, which, of course, means that Barkley has been directing verbal barbs at the polarizing sports pundit for just as long. In 2013, on the set of TNT’s NBA show, he said, “If I could get Skip Bayless in a room, you’d need DNA to find out who he was.”

So perhaps it shouldn’t have been completely shocking to hear Barkley say that, if he had a terminal illness, his dying wish would be to kill Bayless on live TV. The former NBA star was kidding around at the end of a lengthy segment on “The Dan Patrick Show” Thursday, when he made some remarks that, even by his standards, were startling.

“You know what we should do for ratings? If I get a disease and I’m gonna die, how about you get Skip Bayless in here, and I’ll kill him live on national television,” Barkley told Patrick.

“I like it,” Patrick replied. “Like pay-per-view.”

“No, no, no. Just get him in here,” Barkley said. “Only when I know I’ma die. … Because I just want to get Skip Bayless in a room one time and just beat him like a dog.”

“So you’d kill him,” Patrick said.

“Yes. Only if I knew I was gonna die,” Barkley responded. “Not if I’m gonna live, because I don’t wanna go to prison. Because like [Rick] Mahorn says, ‘They would love you in prison.’”

Barkley has been publicly disparaging Bayless, who rose to fame (or infamy) on ESPN’s “First Take” before leaving to lead “Undisputed” on Fox Sports, at least since 2005. That’s when he said, “There’s only two people I want to kill: Skip Bayless and Jay Mariotti. Everybody else, I respect their opinions. But those two guys. … One thing I learned about the press, it’s a really powerful tool. And your shtick can’t be, you get on TV and be evil everyday. Because people believe what you say. And Skip Bayless is evil every single day, and Jay Mariotti is evil every single day.”

[Barkley challenges LaVar Ball to game of one-on-one]

In 2011, Barkley told Patrick, “I hate Skip Bayless more than any person in the world,” adding an unprintable word about his nemesis. So, yeah, Barkley isn’t exactly a charter member of the Skip Bayless Fan Club.

Still, Thursday’s comments, even while clearly said in jest, might have gone too far. That said, perhaps the most stunning thing that could come out of Barkley’s mouth regarding Bayless would be an apology.

But never mind Bayless, how about an apology to all our canine friends, for saying he’d beat anyone “like a dog.” Come on, Chuck, it was National Puppy Day!

Issues

Liked Posts:
I like Skip Bayless. So do many others from his ratings. Jay Mariotti was pretty good when he was at the Tribune. He seemed to have a knack of "sticking it" to the Bears. At this point this is what the team needs.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Skip Bayless. So do many others from his ratings. Jay Mariotti was pretty good when he was at the Tribune. He seemed to have a knack of "sticking it" to the Bears. At this point this is what the team needs.

lol, bet you do

Issues

Liked Posts:
I drank a beer or two with Jay Mariotti in Wrigleyville. He was a great guy and a great drinking companion.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Bayless #1. In order to make it not racially motivated, Stephen A. #2.

Issues

Liked Posts:
Unlike most of you I actually live in Chicago.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, Bayless is a dancing clown with no shred of dignity left. They funny thing is the people that buy into the character he trots out and think its real.

Mariotti is just a scumbag.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Charles Barkley vs skip yeah I'd watch the pay per view death match MTV style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

OMG. Both of those guys were/are the absolute worst and I can see why a lot of jocks would absolutely love to beat the shit out of them.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
lol, Bayless is a dancing clown with no shred of dignity left. They funny thing is the people that buy into the character he trots out and think its real.

Mariotti is just a scumbag.

There are fucked up people in every profession, those two guys are 1 and 2 in the field of sports "journalists". Skip is ignored by anyone with a clue, Mariotti is a slithering sub human piece of eel shit.