D.Webb

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The best kept secret is no longer a secret. He has the best ceiling IMO, because he has all the tools that you can't teach. Pocket presence, doesn't look down receivers, student of the game, strong arm. Just needs time to adjust to pro style offense and sit a year.....

Seems ideal.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb has a lot of issues. I've cooled on him the more I've seen him. He looks the part walking off the bus...but...after that...I'm not there on him. He reminds me of a poor man's Blake Bortles.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The best kept secret is no longer a secret. He has the best ceiling IMO, because he has all the tools that you can't teach. Pocket presence, doesn't look down receivers, student of the game, strong arm. Just needs time to adjust to pro style offense and sit a year.....

Seems ideal.

Watch him go before guys like P.Mahomes and D.Kizer. It wouldn't shock me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Webb has a lot of issues. I've cooled on him the more I've seen him. He looks the part walking off the bus...but...after that...I'm not there on him. He reminds me of a poor man's Blake Bortles.

That's pretty bad. So you don't think he has any chance of being a good starting QB in the NFL then??

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's pretty bad. So you don't think he has any chance of being a good starting QB in the NFL then??

I mean..any of these guys have a shot but a LOT of his bad film reminded me of issues with Cutler so there could be some "recency bias" involved in regards to what we've all just lived through.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
System quarterback with more than 65 percent of his attempts coming inside of 10 yards. Webb has enough raw talent to be considered a developmental prospect, but his decision-making and accuracy issues beyond 10 yards is a big red flag that might be tough to overcome in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/davis-webb?id=2557897

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
System quarterback with more than 65 percent of his attempts coming inside of 10 yards. Webb has enough raw talent to be considered a developmental prospect, but his decision-making and accuracy issues beyond 10 yards is a big red flag that might be tough to overcome in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/davis-webb?id=2557897

That is hiw one downside that I've seen a lot. That is quite fixable as he does have the arm strength to make the throws. so his floor would be someone like Alex Smith, but if he figures out the post 10 yard accuracy issue his ceiling goes much higher.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

What was the comparison Rami made with Oscar Robertson? He was a poor man's Rod Strickland or something.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a Bears pick. The 5th or 6th best prospect when you can have the 1st. And then pump him up like Pace did with Glennon.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
"Strong Arm.....needs work"......sounds like a Bears QB "project" to me.....I'd like to grab Mahomes early second round (if available) or trade up to the back of the first to get him...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is hiw one downside that I've seen a lot. That is quite fixable as he does have the arm strength to make the throws. so his floor would be someone like Alex Smith, but if he figures out the post 10 yard accuracy issue his ceiling goes much higher.

His floor? His floor is below Bortles. His ceiling is very high. If you're drafting based on play, he's a 5th rounder. Based on potential, he's a one. In this supposedly weak QB draft, anyone that is a one will be drafted there. Let's wait and see. I currently take Kaaya over him and I don't look at Kaaya before our 3rd.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not much love for D.Webb on here at all which i thought there would be more.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not much love for D.Webb on here at all which i thought there would be more.

Watch some of his games. He goes through bad stretches where many of his downfield passes are lucky to not be intercepted.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can't fix accuracy problems.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The bears arent taking a qb until the 4th round this year. You all need to get over it. The bears are going to have a top 5 pick next year and the qb talent is worth waiting another year.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears arent taking a qb until the 4th round this year. You all need to get over it. The bears are going to have a top 5 pick next year and the qb talent is worth waiting another year.

Im still trying to figure out what have the QBs in 2018 done that makes them a better class? I think it's easy to say wait till next year. I remember when Matt Lienart stayed in school after his Jr year. If he would have come out that year he would have been the #1 pick. But he stayed in school for his Sr. year and dropped to the 10th pick in the draft & USC was in the NC game that year. My point is no one knows how next years QBs will play out. Besides none of them have accomplished what the top QBs in this year's draft has.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
His +3% int rate scares me. When I look at college prospects, this is an important number for me. A completion % less than 61% or an INT% above 3%, and i am not interested.