Thayer quick break down of Sim's traits

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
For the Plebs who think the bears "over paid for a blocking TE" clan.

This isn't a Matt Speath signing.

[video=youtube_share;UIKkzxRXo7I]https://youtu.be/UIKkzxRXo7I[/video]

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He is BY FAR, the BEST signing of Pace's 2017 FA class.

He will be worth whatever he was paid.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YARD DASH: 4.75 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 112.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.36 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.52 SEC
60 YARD SHUTTLE: 12.10 SEC
ANALYSIS

Has a massive frame, which makes him an inviting targets for quarterbacks to throw to. Soft hands and who catches the ball off of his frame. Uses his size to shield defenders from making a play on the ball. Tough to tackle with the ball in his hands, falls forward. Gains speed in the open field. Understands positioning and shows nimble feet as a run blocker. Good foot quickness as a pass blocker.

Sims is an intriguing prospect mostly due to the open field speed that he possesses on a 6-foot-6, 275-pound frame. Sims is a good pass blocker, and has a soft pair of hands. However, he doesn't always use his size in the run game, and he struggles to bring in the difficult catch. He will likely be a mid-round selection.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who knows if he'll pan out? But he's certainly one of the signings I'm excited about seeing this year.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
They paid him more than blocking TE money for a reason. Pace and company likely envision Sims being a big part of the offense, particularly in the red zone. He'll be a go-to guy on that end of the field with his size, especially with Jeffery gone. Add his blocking prowess and he'll live up to that payday.

I think someone likened this signing to when we signed Marty B (2nd tier TE with upside). I don't imagine Sims putting up Bennett type numbers but something like 500+ yds and 6 TD's would be more than welcomed.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YARD DASH: 4.75 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 112.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.36 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.52 SEC
60 YARD SHUTTLE: 12.10 SEC
ANALYSIS

Has a massive frame, which makes him an inviting targets for quarterbacks to throw to. Soft hands and who catches the ball off of his frame. Uses his size to shield defenders from making a play on the ball. Tough to tackle with the ball in his hands, falls forward. Gains speed in the open field. Understands positioning and shows nimble feet as a run blocker. Good foot quickness as a pass blocker.

Sims is an intriguing prospect mostly due to the open field speed that he possesses on a 6-foot-6, 275-pound frame. Sims is a good pass blocker, and has a soft pair of hands. However, he doesn't always use his size in the run game, and he struggles to bring in the difficult catch. He will likely be a mid-round selection.

He had 4 TDs last year, buy only 26 catches. I just question why the Dolphins didn't use him more?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Sims has a very intriguing physical skill set no doubt. He isn't going to be a top 10 TE or anything like that but between Sims and Miller, the Bears have a solid TE duo. Sims will make his money as a target in the red zone and in those short yardage situations as a blocker in two-TE sets.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Sims has a very intriguing physical skill set no doubt. He isn't going to be a top 10 TE or anything like that but between Sims and Miller, the Bears have a solid TE duo. Sims will make his money as a target in the red zone and in those short yardage situations as a blocker in two-TE sets.

Yes he is a a boxed out situation TE that is being paid above his skill set.

Adding fragile Miller doesn't help the TE core or the team in the long term (season) goal.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He's 6'4, 240. Not as big as I thought, but looked big on that clip. I don't understand his contract, but I'm excited to see what this dude can do.

His contract is mind boggling.

My view is that 2 head coaches and 3 OCs saw him as a in-line TE and situational receiver. I can't see Fox and Loggians reinventing a Sims wheel.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's 6'4, 240. Not as big as I thought, but looked big on that clip. I don't understand his contract, but I'm excited to see what this dude can do.

Not sure where you're getting 240 from -- both the league and the team have him listed at 271.

His contract is mind boggling.

My view is that 2 head coaches and 3 OCs saw him as a in-line TE and situational receiver. I can't see Fox and Loggians reinventing a Sims wheel.

It is? You mean in the sense that if he doesn't work out they can cut him next season for virtually nothing? Sure, the base salary is really high, but there's still zero risk.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
better version of Bennett...and not an asshole