Analysis of Sanchez Signing Thread (not reaction to)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Anyone have an analysis as to why we signed Sanchez (1yr at aprx 2mil)?

What's Pace's reasoning, strategy?

Scenario 1: Glennon, High Round QB, Connor Shaw (and Sanchez):

Shaw Over Sanchez-
If Glennon and High Round QB could not start -- which I would assume is because they are both injured... Would anyone want to start Sanchez instead of playing Shaw?

Sanchez' recent outings include a high interception rate. Although he is a vet (and not likely to "freak out" during a game), I would still rather play Shaw. Shaw looked good in pre-season 11 for 16, 132 yds, 2 TDs, 0 Int, over 100 passer rating. This will be Shaw's 2nd year in the system.

What would be the point in playing Sanchez over Shaw at that point?

Sanchez Not a Coach-
I completely reject the notion that Sanchez would be a QB coach to the rookie QBs
. We have coaches and trainers who do that. Besides, considering Sanchez subpar career, why would you want him to rub-off on your rookie? Prescott said 'Sanchez taught him the most'. I don't want to discount that loving act too much, but that isn't his job. His full-time job is to be ready to step in and win that week's game. The only Backup-Player-QB I'd want mentoring my young QB is Josh McCown, who actually was a coach, mentored Jeffery, was a great role model, and had a stellar 2013 season.

Roster: 3 QBs?, Shaw safe on PS?-
Are we going to carry 3 QBs when one of them is Sanchez? Are we really positive Shaw is safe on Practice Squad? Shaw probably would be safe on PS, but he looked damn good in preseason. Is Shaw more likely to get snaps as PS QB than 3rd-string QB? Can't Shaw be the 3r QB while passing for the PS?

Scenario 2: Glennon, Sanchez, Shaw -- no High Round QB:

In this scenario, the chance Sanchez plays (due to injury) is relatively high. Three of our QBs got hurt last year, along with a large number of other players.

Right along with the point I'd rather develop and play Shaw as a backup to Glennon than Sanchez... the question would be why Sanchez instead of other options?

Hoyer was 4 mil per year more (signed 2 yr), but probably worth it for a backup with a high chance of playing.

McCown was also 4 mil more, 1 yr contract. I'd prefer him to Sanchez.

Kaepernick is a better QB than Sanchez, but I doubt GM's want Kaep having a social-political distraction on their players or future rookie QB. Also, he's likely viewed more as an Option-style QB, which the Bears won't be, although Shaw is certainly mobile.

Shaw, Fales, Chase Daniel, Christian Ponder, Yates, Keenum would not have been relatively more expensive than Sanchez. Like Shaw, many of QBs are at least younger and more likely to be developed. Is Sanchez really significantly more solid a QB taking the field than most of the other younger developmental options?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking that the Bears have concluded that none of these rookie QB's are ready to start at any point this season. So rather than having to force them out there too early, we have ourself the Sanchize. Also, he will make any rookie Pace drafts look much better compared to him, another win for Pace.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
John Fox QB history

Jimmy Clausen - Drafted in the second round under John Fox's last year. Fox later brought him to Chicago.
Brock Osweiler - Drafted in the second round in the 2012 draft. Surprised Fox didn't try to trade for him.
Tim Tebow - Drafted in the first round in 2010 before John Fox was head coach in Denver.
Jay Cutler - Decided not to trade him when he had a decent season.
Mike Glennon - Bears overpay for Glennon.
Peyton Manning - Aging QB, good move for the Broncos.

John Fox is a magnet for bad QB's but he can build a pretty good defense.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we sure Shaw is healthy yet? That is the only reason I can think of to bring in butt fumble.........camp fodder.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
John Fox QB history

Jimmy Clausen - Drafted in the second round under John Fox's last year. Fox later brought him to Chicago.
Brock Osweiler - Drafted in the second round in the 2012 draft. Surprised Fox didn't try to trade for him.
Tim Tebow - Drafted in the first round in 2010 before John Fox was head coach in Denver.
Jay Cutler - Decided not to trade him when he had a decent season.
Mike Glennon - Bears overpay for Glennon.
Peyton Manning - Aging QB, good move for the Broncos.

John Fox is a magnet for bad QB's but he can build a pretty good defense.

Fox didnt being Clausen here. Testicle and Emdog brought Clausen in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My analyses = This move shows that Pace sucks as a GM. Well this move and about 40 more before it. I just hope Pace is gone with Fox next year.

They are running a potential 8-8 roster into the ground yet again...so he will deserve all the flak he gets.

I still think the right move is patience with Pace, because he is succeeding in some of his duties and is so young. If we went with him, we gotta see it out, not blow up the mother ship just as he is starting to complete the puzzle.

I hope he is thouroughly embarressed though and pushed to the brink. But really...anyone think he can survive less than 3 wins?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox didnt being Clausen here. Testicle and Emdog brought Clausen in.

yeah but they decided to keep him and roll him out there. lol

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we're having analysis threads for existing threads? Holy shit where does it end?

It doesn't.

eevl.gif

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Camp arm and cheap insurance. He'll be cut by the end of preseason if Shaw is healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Camp arm and cheap insurance. He'll be cut by the end of preseason if Shaw is healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a 2 Mil deal potentially worth 4 mil I doubt he gets cut.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the shoopster's analysis - Pace is a pu55y. The guy who said he would draft franchise-potential quarterbacks every year until he gets it right hasn't done it yet and won't do it again this year. Instead, the Bears will attempt to claw back to rebuilding - as opposed to catastrophe - mode with a 6-and-10 season courtesy of Mike "Loch Ness" Glennon and their very own dirty Sanchez.

No young quarterback can get Pace and Fox enough wins to save their jobs, which is where they're focused at the moment. Thus does the Bears' perpetual mediocrity continues.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sculpt!!!!! Those who can't do, then teach. I don't think that is why he was brought here, but your reasoning is incorrect.

Enough of Shaw's preseason versus 3rd and 4th stringers. It was good, but nothing that has other teams watching him in case he ends up on the practice squad.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The way I see it is Glennon is a pretty good stopgap QB that the Bears can keep or not after this season depending on how he does. Sanchez is going to be a mentor to which ever rookie we draft this year just like he was in Dallas with Prescott. Sanchez can also be a veteran 3rd stringer in the case the Bears have multiple injuries at the QB position again this year. The Bears are going to keep 3 QB's on the roster this year... Glennon, Rookie, and Sanchez.