Interesting Jonathan Allen article

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That would be my pick at 3

Luke

Liked Posts:
now I'm not sure about the medicals, but if they clear you have to think Fangio is drooling over how to use him. his last two years stats are very nice.

YEAR GP TKL TFL SACK

2015 15 36 14.5 12.0
2016 15 69 16.0 10.5

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now I'm not sure about the medicals, but if they clear you have to think Fangio is drooling over how to use him. his last two years stats are very nice.

YEAR GP TKL TFL SACK

2015 15 36 14.5 12.0
2016 15 69 16.0 10.5

The problem with those stats are that teams could not focus on trying to stop him. He got some easy sacks that way. While a guy like McDowell had half the opposing team trying to block him.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Along with J. Adams, I would like this pick if it happened. Allen instantly steps into our RE spot, and Hicks-Goldman-Allen, along with Bullard is a pretty nasty D-line. Allen or Adams would be great picks.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy at 3 with him, Fournette, or Thomas.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
The more I watch this guy, the more I hope he is the pick at 3. He reads plays so well. I haven't seen him over pursue a play. Always seems like he's in the right spot to make a play, and can rush the passer. He could be the best player in the draft. I have feeling the 49ers take him. I know what they've drafted the last couple of seasons but he might be too good to pass. I can't see the Bears passing him either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's a mid first rounder, even before the 2 shoulder surgeries and arthritis. But he's still a damn good player.

2a50Ca.gif

9ftmb1.gif

xwtyJ-.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The problem with those stats are that teams could not focus on trying to stop him. He got some easy sacks that way. While a guy like McDowell had half the opposing team trying to block him.

Are you suggesting that if the Bears draft him, teams will focus on him?

Because if that's what will happen, his stats may suffer, but it would be another reason to draft him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The more I watch this guy, the more I hope he is the pick at 3. He reads plays so well. I haven't seen him over pursue a play. Always seems like he's in the right spot to make a play, and can rush the passer. He could be the best player in the draft. I have feeling the 49ers take him. I know what they've drafted the last couple of seasons but he might be too good to pass. I can't see the Bears passing him either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I read this, so forgive me for not recalling the source, but one scout called him the most technically sound D Lineman he has ever seen.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting that if the Bears draft him, teams will focus on him?

Because if that's what will happen, his stats may suffer, but it would be another reason to draft him.

I'm saying he cannot create pressure on his own like a top 3 pick should.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Along with J. Adams, I would like this pick if it happened. Allen instantly steps into our RE spot, and Hicks-Goldman-Allen, along with Bullard is a pretty nasty D-line. Allen or Adams would be great picks.

Or Thomas, or trade down to get a Hooker

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Take Demarcus Walker from FSU late 2 to early 4 same player if not better...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm saying he cannot create pressure on his own like a top 3 pick should.

You just posted videos of him beating double teams in two of them.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
I watched a ton of vids on ashaun Robinson last year when he was speculated to be on the bears "radar". Allen immediately jumped out on tape as their best dlineman. I think he can be just as effective on the bears line with the other two fattys absorbing the double teams.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
You can't be mad at all with drafting Allen. The Bears front 7 would be one of the more talented groups in the entire league on paper. Not worried at all about his shoulder issue. It will be more of a long term issue and pain management issue rather than worrying about missing any time. I would wager a lot of NFL D-lineman have this without knowing it.

He would be excellent in a 3-4 over front in a 3-tech/4i technique and then slipping inside in nickel packages. Goldman, Hicks and Allen would cause havoc.

Luke

Liked Posts:
You can't be mad at all with drafting Allen. The Bears front 7 would be one of the more talented groups in the entire league on paper. Not worried at all about his shoulder issue. It will be more of a long term issue and pain management issue rather than worrying about missing any time. I would wager a lot of NFL D-lineman have this without knowing it.

He would be excellent in a 3-4 over front in a 3-tech/4i technique and then slipping inside in nickel packages. Goldman, Hicks and Allen would cause havoc.

this.

Ever since the shoulder info came out, JA's name has pretty much been forgotten. It might be time to keep this dude in mind for #3 again.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I'd be delighted if the Bears rated Allen as top 3 talent, and ended up taking him there, assuming Garrett & Thomas go #1 & #2. But I'm a little skeptical they'll actually end up rating him that high. There's been a fairly obvious trend over the past few years for the draft evaluation media people to over-rate Alabama defensive guys versus where they actually ended up going. Last year at this time, A. Robinson was being ranked as a borderline top 10 guy, and J. Reed a mid-1st rounder. They both went mid-2nd. Upshaw, Hightower, & Collins all ended up being drafted quite a bit lower than their lofty rankings by the media guys. They've all ended up being solid NFL players, worthy of their draft selection spots, but none of them turned out to be elite difference makers that teams shoot for in the top 10. Maybe Allen will buck that trend, but that's probably not the way to bet...

Hammer

Liked Posts:
If Bears draft Allen, and McPhee/Trevathan get healthy, Bears front 7 has potential to be very, very good...

NT - Goldman
5-tech DE - Hicks, Allen
OLB - McPhee, Floyd
ILB - Freeman, Trevathan