Roy Robertson-Harris bulking up for Bears

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I had no idea he was that tall, he is Julius Peppers size. Hope he can play and push Unrein to the bench where he belongs.
If Robertson-Harris really makes a huge stride in his technique we'd really have a great DL

Hicks
Goldman
Robertson-Harris

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Can't rely on him but certainly good depth/competition to go with Unrein/Bullard. Allen/Thomas definitely still in play at #3 though.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I have been very excited to see him play since we signed him last year. He was an absolute stud at UTEP and he jumped out on the tape in the two preseason games he played in last year. I remember him rag dolling an offensive tackle and stuffing a run in the backfield against the chiefs. I know it was preseason but it was one of those plays that makes you say wow that guy belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He's got a lot of physical talent and looks to have the frame to add even more weight to his 285 . If he can be a rotational player that would really be a nice surprise

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Basically a red shirt last year. This guy can be a surprise contributor on defense next year. Has a lot of ability and I am glad they found a way to keep him on the team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Robertson-Harris is definitely moving to the d-line. There are actually rules for what positions wear what numbers, and 74 is relegated to lineman. Technically those rules don't take effect until pre-season but the Bears have linebacker numbers open, so it wouldn't make much sense to change his number to a lineman's unless they were moving him.

If this kid and J.Bullard both take steps forward in their progress that would be huge for our d-line. J.Bullard was one of mine and many others favorite pick in last years draft with all the talk of his crazy quick first step so hopefully he put the work in this off season and starts looking like what we were hoping he'd look like last year.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
After his Red Shirt Rookie year....he might be "that guy" at the Right End position. Strong and fast...with a twitch....

Far higher ceiling than CornWash...

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Bullard was also one of my favorite picks last year. He absolutely dominated in the SEC and I thought it would translate a little faster to the pro game. Still have high hope for him as it takes many players 2-3 years to make a consistent impact. RRH certainly looks the part, and if you put on his college tape he is a tremendous athlete. Would be nice to have a solid contribution come from and UDFA. It would further my opinion that Pace and his scouts have a good eye for talent.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Time for a reality check. Robertson-Harris is a UDFA. 32 NFL teams, including the Bears, didn't deem him worthy of even a 7th round pick. Put another way, the Bears decided Braverman was a better value than RRH in last year's draft. General consensus on this board seems to be that Braverman sucks, probably because they watched him play at the NFL level last year. But apparently RRH is now considered here to be an upgrade over CornWash, most likely because people haven't seem him play.

Look, I hope RRH turns out to be contributor for the Bears. But I'll wait to actually see him play at the NFL level before forming any opinions...

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Time for a reality check. Robertson-Harris is a UDFA. 32 NFL teams, including the Bears, didn't deem him worthy of even a 7th round pick. Put another way, the Bears decided Braverman was a better value than RRH in last year's draft. General consensus on this board seems to be that Braverman sucks, probably because they watched him play at the NFL level last year. But apparently RRH is now considered here to be an upgrade over CornWash, most likely because people haven't seem him play.

Look, I hope RRH turns out to be contributor for the Bears. But I'll wait to actually see him play at the NFL level before forming any opinions...

Very true he may be nothing more than a camp body. But he has the physical traits that you like to see from the position and we have a defensive coordinator with a history of helping players like him reach their potential. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to go undrafted and be successful in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This reminds me of when Shea "Bulked up" to play DE.

Then when he sucked there, he lost all the bulk and became skinny-arms Rob Lowe

3c91255a9dfae7a7d05635d1041d4ecd

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Crazy to me how grossly out of shape McClellin was for an NFL player. Especially for a DE at the time.

Washington

Liked Posts:

Very good reality check. I think some had him already penciled into the Pro Bowl. Let's hope he becomes serviceable at DE. My question is - if he looked so good last year at OLB in the preseason, why not let him continue there? I remember when the Bears ruined John Thierry with this same conversion. Of course that was a 1st round pick compared to an UDFA and it had far more risk whereas this really has no risk per se.

I hope this works out. It will be fun to watch play out.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I can't believe SheaMC could even get on an NFL field looking like that. He needs to get some Sean T training!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He played 14 game with the Patriots and started 4 games. He's going to be a decent career back up under the right coaching scheme.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He played 14 game with the Patriots and started 4 games. He's going to be a decent career back up under the right coaching scheme.

His 16 tackles are going to be tough to replace...

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Did you really just compare Roy Robertson-Harris to Shea? One guy looks like an actual real NFL player. The other looks like a Slim Fast commercial.