Roy Robertson-Harris bulking up for Bears

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://twitter.com/camnwosu/status/833780153121640448/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fchi.247sports.com%2FBolt%2FBears-could-have-secret-weapon-in-Roy-Robertson-Harris-51916046

@DLineVids Great job today @iam_robharris @ChicagoBears DE/ 6'7/ 285 Off-Season Grind;Speed,Power,Feet,Hips,& Flexibility. #PositionU #DE

C5Iunu5WAAQilx9.jpg

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Bears-could-have-secret-weapon-in-Roy-Robertson-Harris-51916046

"Robertson-Harris is listed on the team's official roster at 268 pounds, but the tweet above says he is now at 285 pounds. Pegged as a pass-rushing outside linebacker coming out of college, there is a chance the young defender makes the move to defensive end this season. Another clue that he will be making the switch is he went from No. 47 to No. 74. Numbers in the 70s are typically reserved for offensive and defensive linemen."

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Oh hey I just found more clues! First, in the tweet it says '@ChicagoBears DE' - I think that could be code for defensive end! Also, at the very beginning it says '@DLineVids' - again, I believe this could mean Defensive line! Finally, the very end says '#DE' - granted, this one is probably a shout out to the state of Delaware, but who knows.. one could read into it a bit further and think 'Defensive End'.

Then again, I've been known to wear tin foil on my head, so this is probably just all crazy talk!!

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Young guy with potential. All the more reason Watson @3, DB, DL first three rounds

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I really like him as a UDFA, he's a huge athletic pass rushing machine. I'm excited to see him play.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh hey I just found more clues! First, in the tweet it says '@ChicagoBears DE' - I think that could be code for defensive end! Also, at the very beginning it says '@DLineVids' - again, I believe this could mean Defensive line! Finally, the very end says '#DE' - granted, this one is probably a shout out to the state of Delaware, but who knows.. one could read into it a bit further and think 'Defensive End'.

Then again, I've been known to wear tin foil on my head, so this is probably just all crazy talk!!

1. "@DLineVids' is promoting CamnWosu's company.

2. CamnWosu does not work for the Bears, he works out of Houston,TX and trains players from Patriots,Bears and all around the league so his word on a NFL players position is not final say.

3. The end say "#DE"? Yes but again Camnwosu does not work for the NFL or an NFL team. He has no say in what a players position will be on an NFL team. He might just train NFL DE and OLB the same.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't know this guy is / was a Bear.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this a Fangio experiment?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Maybe. J.Bullard took CornWash's #90 and he took Bullard's old #74.

Robertson-Harris is definitely moving to the d-line. There are actually rules for what positions wear what numbers, and 74 is relegated to lineman. Technically those rules don't take effect until pre-season but the Bears have linebacker numbers open, so it wouldn't make much sense to change his number to a lineman's unless they were moving him.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Now is a good time to experiment with what he can do at DL. We might not walk away from the draft with a rookie to compete in the rotation that is in need of depth upgrades, and we have several OLBs under contract. Best of luck to him

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Guy has 2 last names? WTF is up with that? For that reason alone I would cut him

baredown

Liked Posts:
1] For people still asking why the Bears let C. Washington walk, Robertson-Harris has to be one reason. While Washington was a decent 7th-8th D-Lineman type, he's going to cost Detroit 2x$3m. The Bears are likely expecting Robertson-Harris to fill the same space at the league minimum for the next two years, with no cap implications if he doesn't work out...

2] Robertson-Harris was on the Non-Football Illness/Injury (NFI) list last year. Players can be put on the NFI list for injuries suffered prior to signing their NFL contract. Does anyone know if Robertson-Harris had any kind of college injuries of concern, or was his NFI listing strictly a fictitious injury, red-shirt season stash type of thing?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'd rather he stayed an OLB, since he's very athletic. But it's not a bad thing for him to gain strength and improve his DL talents. Doesn't mean he has to stay there. He was a DE in college.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Probably moving to DE -- number change, up 268 to 285 lbs, hashtagging #DE.

But strictly NFL number rules, he could still be a OLB.

I'd rather he stayed an OLB, since he's very athletic. But it's not a bad thing for him to gain strength and improve his DL talents. Doesn't mean he has to stay there. He was a DE in college.

I don't understand. He changed to 74, and numbers in the 70s are only allowed for lineman...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't understand. He changed to 74, and numbers in the 70s are only allowed for lineman...
Quite right, 70s would be restricted to DL only. (I was hooked on 50s being for DL and OLB.)

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had no idea he was that tall, he is Julius Peppers size. Hope he can play and push Unrein to the bench where he belongs.