Deiondre Hall may have been arrested.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a thread going on the Bears subreddit stating that Deiondre Hall got arrested last night in Iowa. Apparently, he was partying in Iowa last night and is getting charged with assault and resisting arrest.

Don't be surprised if you see an arrest report pop up.

If this is true, do you think Pace waives him?

Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/61ka69/breaking_the_story/

Comment from a guy who was there and backing up the OP of the thread.

I was there last night so I'll back you up on this haha. My buddy is good friends with him and he just told me he's getting charged with assault and resisting. Makinton only got interference. Happened right outside sharkys

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On twitter they said he got tazed as well. And he was with a Green Bay Packer.

Thanks for the info. Do you think Pace will waive him if this all true?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace would waive him. If he does, that's ridiculous. If you want to punish him, then do it in camp or make him sit out a few games, don't completely cut him for something he did in the offseason.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace would waive him. If he does, that's ridiculous. If you want to punish him, then do it in camp or make him sit out a few games, don't completely cut him for something he did in the offseason.

I agree, but we have seen Pace's reaction to "troublemakers". Hopefully he realizes that Hall is a young kid who made a dumb mistake

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
That's unfortunate if true. But I will wait for more information before judging.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
First of all, assault is a really minor charge. Resisting arrest is also often tacked on to anyone who doesnt fully comply with an arrest (as a law student I saw people get charged with RA for asking why they were being arrested). It is all BS and should be put behind him.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I hear the police decided not to file any charges. They found out he was under contract with the Bears for three more years and decided that was punishment enough.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
First of all, assault is a really minor charge. Resisting arrest is also often tacked on to anyone who doesnt fully comply with an arrest (as a law student I saw people get charged with RA for asking why they were being arrested). It is all BS and should be put behind him.

Yes. Especially when the subject is black. Again, never like to see players get arrested but I'll withhold judgement until there's more information.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
BearReport picking up the story now and it sounds legit:

According to the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department, Chicago Bears cornerback Deiondre Hall was arrested in Cedar Falls, Iowa on Saturday night.

Hall and Green Bay Packers cornerback Makinton Dorleant, both Northern Iowa alums, were both arrested after an argument. There are no details being released but witnesses say Hall was tasered by the Cedar Falls police.

Hall was cited for disorderly conduct, public intoxication and interference. Dorleant was cited with interference.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A drunken altercation. Nothing to see here.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Definitely not as drunk as Pace has been this offseason.

Actually if pace were drunk he would have paid out top of the market CB dollars for a team that doesn't possess a franchise QB, and is at least another 1-2 years away from stabilizing themselves into a consistent playoff team. Instead, he plugged some holes and remained financially flexible for the foreseeable future. As he always stated, he's going to rely on stringing solid drafts together. Sounds the complete opposite of drunk. Sounds like a clear, concise and rational vision actually.