Pace isn't going to survive

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if they draft a QB, Sanchez might not even make the team.

I think he will. If the reports of Sanchez being an important factor in helping Dak are anything to go by, it sounds to me like they're going to redshirt whatever QB they draft and get him some veteran leadership to help him with film, how to prepare, etc. Obviously Glennon isn't experienced enough himself to be that guy. It makes sense.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
well when you draft a player with risks that include very little experience playing football, or training for football...you acrue some risk that football, or training for football will cause injury to your unproven body.

Was Pace aware of that? Or we don't hold him accountable for anything? He drafted a WR that has bad hands and can't run routes at #7 overall, that doesn't have elite first step quickness on tape.

It was a bad move before White got hurt. And yes....that risk that White doesn't know yet how to train his body for football was already there.

Yes, I am agreeing with you. Pace is accountable for the White pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you making shit up? White played as much football as any other prospect. It may not all have been at the same level due to two years at a junior college, but it's not as though they picked up some random sprinter and put him in pads. Or do other players do something else rather than play HS and various levels of youth football before college?

Why was he at JuCo?

Luke

Liked Posts:
I think he will. If the reports of Sanchez being an important factor in helping Dak are anything to go by, it sounds to me like they're going to redshirt whatever QB they draft and get him some veteran leadership to help him with film, how to prepare, etc. Obviously Glennon isn't experienced enough himself to be that guy. It makes sense.

yep, he has the experience to step in if MG gets hurt and can mentor the kid they draft.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
It's gonna be hilarious midseason when Pace has to answer for the shit QB situation he has put together.
yep, he has the experience to step in if MG gets hurt and can mentor the kid they draft.
Step in and do what exactly?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Calling the 10 year pace is absurd is not warranted. We went from 6-10 to 3-13 and the signings this offseason are for depth only. Head shaking signings actually. I don't think there is a person on this planet that could honestly say this team, on paper at this time, is not a last place team again. They will be VERY lucky to sniff .500. Getting to .500 in 3 years with parity what it is and a huge salary cap, should be expected at a minimum IMO.

We still don't have a QB one could really call worthy of leading this team. Pace has not even tried to rectify that. Glennon and Sanchez are "filler" only. We'll see what the draft brings.

We have 1 difference maker in the skill positions and that is Howard. Goldman could be but he hasn't proven it yet. This team is a very long ways away. Pace is going about the rebuild very slowly and again, 2015 was a complete failure save for Goldman.

Pace does not have this team on the fast path to success. It sure looks like a 10 year plan to me.

10 years.......? Really? That's what you're sticking with. Cmon....let's not beat around the bush. It's ok to admit that's a gross exaggeration. The first couple years of a rebuild are always the worst. Going from oldest to youngest is not without its speed bumps. I had the Bears winning 6-7 games before the season...and taking into account the injuries, QB situation, and pace's over confidence in the secondary, and a few dumb fox mistakes, it's easy to see how they ended up with 3 wins. Much like any total rebuild...whether that be a house, sports franchise, or even personality/character, there's going to be inevitable backsteps before you create a completely new structure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well....we'll see how ya'all feel this time next year.

I hope I am wrong.

Love the Bears I do.

Bear down gentlemen. This too shall pass. In 2017, or 2018, or 2022...the Bears will revive one day, and I hope we can look at the management, front office, and ownership with respect and admiration.

Until then. :)

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It's gonna be hilarious midseason when Pace has to answer for the shit QB situation he has put together.

Going to be more hilarious when MG has a solid season and this board does a complete 180 and jumps on the MG wagon.

He isn't going to be a top 10 QB but I think Glennon will surprise some people.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Glennons going to be solid. And be a better pro than a lot of these rookie QBs people want to draft at #3. He's not the long term answer and pace realizes that...but he's going to be an asset. Both on the field and as a later trade chip. If he even performs decent, he's going to net at least a 2nd rounder if pace finds his guy in the draft. His contract is bottom tier as far as starters are concerned, and I think he will take care of the Ball and put up good numbers. As well as get the team to rally behind him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll gladly eat that crow if Pace can pull a couple miracles and compete in 2018, or beyond. Next year won't be pretty.

Right now, I'd say his odds of surviving the hand he was dealt have dwindled to 10%. 20% if he gets at least allowed a new coach and 2018.

I just think this year is going to be such a debacle, with clear signs he failed at his job in several ways that its getting doubtful Pace is allowed to continue his incompetence. For the record I think we should let him learn on the job. I would have preferred to hire somebody that didn't need that but its set.

One thing that could save him is firing Fox between week 6 and 12 and letting Fangio interim the team. If he keeps Fangio around he won't have to spend 2 years rebuilding the defense for the things a new DC requires to work. He could make a vanilla hire to make these guys work, but we know how that goes.

So like I said...I'm getting serious doubt he is going to make it through this. This is the Bears afterall, embarrassed by their own bad decision and quick to jettison allah the Redskins. But only once the money makes sense, instead of right right meow.

Who says he failed? You? Fans on a message board that don't know as much as they think they do?? We don't know the reasons for the moves he makes so we can't say if he failed. I know many think they do but they really don't.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Going to be more hilarious when MG has a solid season and this board does a complete 180 and jumps on the MG wagon.

I hope that you're right, but its fair for the fanbase to be skeptical of Glennon.

Luke

Liked Posts:

He performed pretty well under adverse circumstances at TB. He will finally get first string reps thru OTA's and training camp playing on a better team and coaching staff.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not buying it, that is what a good QB coach is for. And his salary doesn't count against the cap.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Who says he failed? You? Fans on a message board that don't know as much as they think they do?? We don't know the reasons for the moves he makes so we can't say if he failed. I know many think they do but they really don't.

People lack critical thinking skills and the ability to form an opinion yet also realize they could very well be wrong. It's a societal problem. Once someone forms an opinion, they defend it to the death, discarding feedback and information that may harm that opinion. People are not pliable enough. It's frustrating and it's tragic.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People lack critical thinking skills and the ability to form an opinion yet also realize they could very well be wrong. It's a societal problem. Once someone forms an opinion, they defend it to the death, discarding feedback and information that may harm that opinion. People are not pliable enough. It's frustrating and it's tragic.

And yet these people have been right the last few years..........