Pace isn't going to survive

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are too many roads being built to the conclusion of his idiocy.

One...is that he had a QB in house (Barkley, Hoyer), that Shanahan is going to be able to make look good. When they look good, Pace will look like an idiot.

The other, is his selection of coach, OC, and QB's are going to make him look really stupid and make the good players he has found get asked to do too much, and take too much damage, and not perform up to their ability like they could on a team with depth on three functioning units O, D, ST's.

Kevin White.

When he loses Fangio this show will really fall apart. 2-14 in 2017 is my best guess. 1-6 wins for 90% probability. Maybe Pace could survive 6, but if Barkley or Hoyer look like a stud, and Glennon gets predictably hurt, and Sanchize gets us blown out, and people start throwing other players and coaches and GM's under the bus.

The seat is going to be real hot. At this point he is going to have to hit on a franchise QB with probably just one draft pick attempt in 2017 or 2018. He is going to have to find a DC to replace Fangio that can run a defense with this group, not overhaul the plan. But replacing Fangs is a doubtful thing. And he is going to have to find a legit offensive coordinator.

That shopping list of needs to save his job is a bit long. It isn't set in stone, but I have to put his survival prospects at "extreme doubt." Less than 5% chance of survival.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is a pu55y.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And Pace has already shown he is too fearful for this venture . . .

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
if they draft a QB, Sanchez might not even make the team. I don't know why everyone's so hung up on this signing.

don't any of you have female partners to do shit with?

Obviously the answer for most on here is no. People forget Pace still has a draft coming up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

One...is that he had a QB in house (Barkley, Hoyer), that Shanahan is going to be able to make look good. When they look good, Pace will look like an idiot.

The other, is his selection of coach, OC, and QB's are going to make him look really stupid and make the good players he has found get asked to do too much, and take too much damage, and not perform up to their ability like they could on a team with depth on three functioning units O, D, ST's.

Kevin White.

When he loses Fangio this show will really fall apart. 2-14 in 2017 is my best guess. 1-6 wins for 90% probability. Maybe Pace could survive 6, but if Barkley or Hoyer look like a stud, and Glennon gets predictably hurt, and Sanchize gets us blown out, and people start throwing other players and coaches and GM's under the bus.

The seat is going to be real hot. At this point he is going to have to hit on a franchise QB with probably just one draft pick attempt in 2017 or 2018. He is going to have to find a DC to replace Fangio that can run a defense with this group, not overhaul the plan. But replacing Fangs is a doubtful thing. And he is going to have to find a legit offensive coordinator.

That shopping list of needs to save his job is a bit long. It isn't set in stone, but I have to put his survival prospects at "extreme doubt." Less than 5% chance of survival.

Didn't read but Pace will be the Bears GM for a long time boyz so get used to it and get ready to eat crow when he has this team ready to compete every year.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really hate when Kevin White is used as a failure for Pace...Like he knew he was going to get a stress fracture in his leg right?

No, he didn't and you can't predict injuries, but it was his pick. He owns it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. And I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I really hate when Kevin White is used as a failure for Pace...Like he knew he was going to get a stress fracture in his leg right?

The meatheads incapable of critical thinking and presenting rational and thoughtful opinions all knew he would have busted. Then he got injured. So they're right and Pace is a moron. Get with the times.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he didn't and you can't predict injuries, but it was his pick. He owns it.

well when you draft a player with risks that include very little experience playing football, or training for football...you acrue some risk that football, or training for football will cause injury to your unproven body.

Was Pace aware of that? Or we don't hold him accountable for anything? He drafted a WR that has bad hands and can't run routes at #7 overall, that doesn't have elite first step quickness on tape.

It was a bad move before White got hurt. And yes....that risk that White doesn't know yet how to train his body for football was already there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't read but Pace will be the Bears GM for a long time boyz so get used to it and get ready to eat crow when he has this team ready to compete every year.

I'll gladly eat that crow if Pace can pull a couple miracles and compete in 2018, or beyond. Next year won't be pretty.

Right now, I'd say his odds of surviving the hand he was dealt have dwindled to 10%. 20% if he gets at least allowed a new coach and 2018.

I just think this year is going to be such a debacle, with clear signs he failed at his job in several ways that its getting doubtful Pace is allowed to continue his incompetence. For the record I think we should let him learn on the job. I would have preferred to hire somebody that didn't need that but its set.

One thing that could save him is firing Fox between week 6 and 12 and letting Fangio interim the team. If he keeps Fangio around he won't have to spend 2 years rebuilding the defense for the things a new DC requires to work. He could make a vanilla hire to make these guys work, but we know how that goes.

So like I said...I'm getting serious doubt he is going to make it through this. This is the Bears afterall, embarrassed by their own bad decision and quick to jettison allah the Redskins. But only once the money makes sense, instead of right right meow.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The meatheads incapable of critical thinking and presenting rational and thoughtful opinions all knew he would have busted. Then he got injured. So they're right and Pace is a moron. Get with the times.

My $0.02.

Year 1 of the rebuild and Pace only had 6 draft picks. A WR at #7 was not warranted especially a guy who was a 1 year wonder in college who could only run 2 routes and had marginal hands. Pace created the opening at WR when he jettisoned Marshall but he still had Jeffery. I think Pace tried to rectify letting Marshall go. IMHO, Pace should have traded down in every round and acquired picks and walked away with 12 picks instead of 6. The team was swiss cheese and needed loads of holes fixed. Good WRs can be found all over the draft. It turns out Pace found one better than White as an UDFA in Meredith.

The whole 2015 offseason was a bust, save for Goldman, and it set the franchise back a whole year in the rebuild process.

Many are giving Pace 10 years to get the ship righted. He is on a 10 year Pace (no pun intended). I am not sure the fan base and management will continue to be so patient in a day and age of parity in the NFL where a team seems to go from worst to 1st in their division almost annually.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Kevin White.

Jerry Angelo lasted 10 years here...blowing one 1st round pick after another. Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
My $0.02.

Year 1 of the rebuild and Pace only had 6 draft picks. A WR at #7 was not warranted especially a guy who was a 1 year wonder in college who could only run 2 routes and had marginal hands. Pace created the huge opening at WR when he jettisoned Marshall. IMHO, Pace should have traded down in every round and acquired picks and walked away with 12 picks instead of 6. The team was swiss cheese and needed loads of holes fixed. Good WRs can be found all over the draft. It turns out Pace found one better than White as an UDFA in Meredith.

The whole 2015 offseason was a bust, save for Goldman, and it set the franchise back a whole year in the rebuild process.

Many are giving Pace 10 years to get the ship righted. He is on a 10 year Pace (no pun intended). I am not sure the fan base and management will continue to be so patient in a day and age of parity in the NFL where a team seems to go from worst to 1st in their division almost annually.

Your criticism of paces first draft is valid. I wasn't high on the white pick but I can't fault pace for his injury. He also wasn't working with his guys and scouts that he later brought in....which yielded a much better draft. I completely disagree with a 10 year pace...that's absurd. I think in 2 seasons the bears will be a consistent playoff team. And if pace hits on a QB, obviously a lot higher projection.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo lasted 10 years here...blowing one 1st round pick after another. Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

his drafts started spiraling down once Lovie had a say in things.

Reactions: 1ke

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
well when you draft a player with risks that include very little experience playing football, or training for football...you acrue some risk that football, or training for football will cause injury to your unproven body.

Why are you making shit up? White played as much football as any other prospect. It may not all have been at the same level due to two years at a junior college, but it's not as though they picked up some random sprinter and put him in pads. Or do other players do something else rather than play HS and various levels of youth football before college?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just the fact that you're advocating for Hoyer and Barkley says it all. Barkley's performance against the Redskins was as bad as I've ever seen. Give it a rest...

Not big fan of either guy but there have been a lot worse...a whole lot worse than those two. How about Todd Collins throwing for a grand total of 32 yds in one game with 4 picks. Amazingly, the Bears won that game. Or just about any game Jonathan Quinn played for the Bears was worse than anything either Hoyer or Barkley's work. Don't misunderstand, Im glad they're gone but they were definitely not the worst.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Your criticism of paces first draft is valid. I wasn't high on the white pick but I can't fault pace for his injury. He also wasn't working with his guys and scouts that he later brought in....which yielded a much better draft. I completely disagree with a 10 year pace...that's absurd. I think in 2 seasons the bears will be a consistent playoff team. And if pace hits on a QB, obviously a lot higher projection.

Calling the 10 year pace is absurd is not warranted. We went from 6-10 to 3-13 and the signings this offseason are for depth only. Head shaking signings actually. I don't think there is a person on this planet that could honestly say this team, on paper at this time, is not a last place team again. They will be VERY lucky to sniff .500. Getting to .500 in 3 years with parity what it is and a huge salary cap, should be expected at a minimum IMO.

We still don't have a QB one could really call worthy of leading this team. Pace has not even tried to rectify that. Glennon and Sanchez are "filler" only. We'll see what the draft brings.

We have 1 difference maker in the skill positions and that is Howard. Goldman could be but he hasn't proven it yet. This team is a very long ways away. Pace is going about the rebuild very slowly and again, 2015 was a complete failure save for Goldman.

Pace does not have this team on the fast path to success. It sure looks like a 10 year plan to me.