Pace isn't going to survive

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And yet these people have been right the last few years..........

You mean pace hasn't been able to turn a team around that was crumbling every which way in 2 seasons? Shocker. Keen foresight you guys have. Maybe if he would have just signed a couple more top dollar free agents and they would be competing with the pats.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo lasted 10 years here...blowing one 1st round pick after another. Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Bears went 13-3 in Angelos first year.

2005, they went 11-5 and won the division

2006, they went to the SB and were a Tommie Harris and Mike Brown injury away form winning it.

They also won the division again and went to the NFCG in 2010.

While his greatest failure was his early round picks, he did build winning teams. So saying "he lasted" is silly. People love to rewrite history to fit their narrative....

Pace has so far failed in drafts, and ALSO, has not built winning teams.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
Jerry Angelo lasted 10 years here...blowing one 1st round pick after another. Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

his drafts started spiraling down once Lovie had a say in things.

Who was the last winning HC we had

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean pace hasn't been able to turn a team around that was crumbling every which way in 2 seasons? Shocker. Keen foresight you guys have. Maybe if he would have just signed a couple more top dollar free agents and they would be competing with the pats.

I mean he hasn't been able to improve said team, and this is year three, not year two.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mean he hasn't been able to improve said team, and this is year three, not year two.

He still has a draft coming up. Kind of important. And I would say the team has improved. The record hasn't shown it, but before he took over, the bears were getting Molly whopped on a consistent basis. 30+ point beat downs on the regular. Either way, I think he's going to change a lot of people's minds sooner than later.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Angelo is very underrated. Two NFC Championship game appearances and one Super Bowl appearance. Hopefully Pace can get this turned around. Not really looking on selecting another GM, especially after the best one available just went to the Colts.

billwade

Liked Posts:
The meatheads incapable of critical thinking and presenting rational and thoughtful opinions all knew he would have busted. Then he got injured. So they're right and Pace is a moron. Get with the times.

The White pick was a bad one for several reasons, and it's a perfect illustration of Pace's incompetence. While White didn't have leg issues in college, he was only a marginal player until his senior year. He didn't even start every game as a junior. Several drafts reports complained that he ran "pigeon toed" and his stride was "heel to toe." These are red flags for potential ankle, calf and hamstring issues. Pace either ignored them or chose to roll the dice. In either event, warning signs were there.

More importantly, Pace passed on Vic Beasley to draft White when the Bears had a glaring need at OLB. The only reason White was picked in the first place was because Marshall had to be moved because he crossed jay. In essence, Pace traded a tier one receiver and got nothing in return, so he had to use a first round pick to compensate for the loss and ultimately lost out on an impact player at a position of need.

So, I apologize in advance for being a "meathead incapable of critical thinking," but Pace owns the White pick in every way. He was warned in the scouting reports about the injury potential, and it's a pick that was only made because of his bungling incompetence in trading Marshall.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
It's funny peeking in here at the usual idiots (see OP) saying the usual nonsensical things...

I told y'all it was a MULTI-YR rebuild, but the usual Meatball Chirakistan fans were too dumb and too football Special person to understand why/what that meant, so now they're shocked we won't be contending for a thing in 2017.

Furthermore, the guy just had an outstanding- not perfect- draft.

Unless we fail to get to 5-6 wins, I think he's staying. The biggest issue now is the QB position, and much of the league is in the same boat given what is coming out of college.....which is basically bupkiss.

Changing GM's won't magically gift us a great young QB.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The sooner Pace is gone the better. I said from day one that I will judge Pace on what he does at the QB position. And I am.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The sooner Pace is gone the better. I said from day one that I will judge Pace on what he does at the QB position. And I am.
I more or less agree, but I'm going to wait for the draft before calling for his head, as I believe there's still a small chance he actually takes a swing early. The Sanchez signing makes me think he plans on drafting and redshirting a QB with the intention of them becoming the franchise QB.

If he does that, it's clear his job is secure enough and that they're giving him the long term chance to rebuild. This will likely mean a second head coach for him to work with.

If he neglects the position again by doing nothing or drafting a late round scrub, I'm done with him. Three years is too long to not make any steps towards the most important single part of his job.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The meatheads incapable of critical thinking and presenting rational and thoughtful opinions all knew he would have busted. Then he got injured. So they're right and Pace is a moron. Get with the times.

As opposed to those with critical thinking genius, such as yourself, that had Hoyer making 10 mil+ a year?

Or offering AJ 5/60 ?

You wanted Gilmore at 14-15 mil per, but was too expensive at 13?

got it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is going nowhere.

He has the Bears best draft in 13 years last year.

Dora team that has drafted like shit you don't chase that guy out of town the next season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's funny peeking in here at the usual idiots (see OP) saying the usual nonsensical things...

I told y'all it was a MULTI-YR rebuild, but the usual Meatball Chirakistan fans were too dumb and too football Special person to understand why/what that meant, so now they're shocked we won't be contending for a thing in 2017.

Furthermore, the guy just had an outstanding- not perfect- draft.

Unless we fail to get to 5-6 wins, I think he's staying. The biggest issue now is the QB position, and much of the league is in the same boat given what is coming out of college.....which is basically bupkiss.

Changing GM's won't magically gift us a great young QB.

Please take that common sense out of this crazy place.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears went 13-3 in Angelos first year.

2005, they went 11-5 and won the division

2006, they went to the SB and were a Tommie Harris and Mike Brown injury away form winning it.

They also won the division again and went to the NFCG in 2010.

While his greatest failure was his early round picks, he did build winning teams. So saying "he lasted" is silly. People love to rewrite history to fit their narrative....

Pace has so far failed in drafts, and ALSO, has not built winning teams.

Oh so injuries do matter, so the amazing amount of significant injuries we had last year should give Pace/Fox and company some type of pass for last years record and game play then right?? Can't wait to see how you scramble out of this one.