IGT: Central Division Seminfinals Game 1 - Predators @ Blackhawks 4/13 at 7 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the game lineup for Game 2. Hawks just have to play better. I don't think it's a major lineup problem.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playing not to lose in playoff hockey is gonna cost ya, maybe not in one game, but in a series, it will kill ya,

Just thinking, can the above be about the worst sentence ever, can someone use way too may commas,

Omg I love commas,,,,,,,,

Commas are ok, there's a guy on the Bears board that will run one paragraph long blob...no periods,commas, nothing but mispells and bad grammar. :cringe:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it wasn't the best night for the forwards. They did control the puck for virtually all of periods 2 and 3. Rinne ain't gonna do that every night.

So not even close to worried. Just a frustrating way to kick off the postseason.

I am not worried either.... I was disappointed in the effort by the forwards though.

I mean there were a number of times I was wringing my hands screaming for them to hustle to the puck..... in a game like that a few hustle plays might get you that tying goal.

The Hawks have these games.... their passing goes to shit, they can't hit the net.... 50% of the time Kane or Panarin or someone in the top 6 (I include Hossa in that)... will manage a goal to make it a game, they just didn't tonight.

I think this will shed the rust and they will light up Nashville on Saturday.

If they don't and they come out flat and get shut down again, I think we're going to lose another 7 game series.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nashville did not play well on the forecheck. They are a one line team, and the Hawks kind of were last night. The Hawks got gummed up at the blue line and never really had clean entrances. AA was rusty and it looked like Panarin was just looking for an Ovechkin-like strike that never really happened, save a broken stick. I figured with Tootoo they would just park his useless ass in front of the net on the PP.
Keith played bad.
Hossa was the only Hawk that looked like he was outmaneuvering the Preds D.

This should still be a quick series and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks win 4 in a row.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nashville did not play well on the forecheck. They are a one line team, and the Hawks kind of were last night. The Hawks got gummed up at the blue line and never really had clean entrances. AA was rusty and it looked like Panarin was just looking for an Ovechkin-like strike that never really happened, save a broken stick. I figured with Tootoo they would just park his useless ass in front of the net on the PP.
Keith played bad.
Hossa was the only Hawk that looked like he was outmaneuvering the Preds D.

This should still be a quick series and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks win 4 in a row.

Thought Hartman had a decent game, too.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have to believe that Tootoo has earned his way into this lineup with his play over the last month or so. He plays a very simple straight forward game, is hard on the forecheck, and isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to make a play. He has earned it and I think he should be playing over guys like Hino/Ras/Desi right now. He will be on a short leash but as long as he keeps it simple, he can (and will) be an asset to this team in the limited time that he gets.

Not many people would have expected this...almost makes me want to go and pull up the Tootoo signing thread to see what everyone had to say about him.

And Tootoo is a healthy scratch in game 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk