Thoughts afte the LA series

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok???
Its .237 and dropping from his last 300 AB where he hitting .200 since his hot start..

I mean if your happy having Kyle Schwarber being just a OBP guy who walks as a leadoff hitter, but lacks base running speed at top of order..that cool

But I think everyone expectation of him is probably being a high Average hitter with 30 plus homer power and he hasn't shown that much in his last 300 ABs in regular season..

All I'm saying is, I think we as fans should at least wait and see what this kid doing later in season first before we annoint him anything on this team..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I'm ok with it due to him in the lead off role. If he was bashing HR's at a high clip then I would feel diffrent.

The line up is loaded so in reality leading off is getting more AB's. Not to mention there is no ideal lead off on the team ATM.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm betting Baez plate discipline is a real irratant with Maddon. Unlike the rest of the team that takes a lot of 3rd strikes, Baez is swinging at every wildly thrown ball.

Totally this.

In the game yesterday, Len and JD were even commenting on that when it was 3-2 one AB. He worked the count well to get to that point, and they pointed out that the scouting report on Baez was that he swings on 3rd strikes so the Pirates would be smart to not give him anything in the zone. Right on cue they threw him a breaking ball that ended well off the plate, he reached for it and struck out.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Totally this.

In the game yesterday, Len and JD were even commenting on that when it was 3-2 one AB. He worked the count well to get to that point, and they pointed out that the scouting report on Baez was that he swings on 3rd strikes so the Pirates would be smart to not give him anything in the zone. Right on cue they threw him a breaking ball that ended well off the plate, he reached for it and struck out.

Baez should sit today for sure, but the second question is where are Happ and Candelario going to play? Apparently they are going to move Happ to 3B for a while to apparently use that as an excuse as to why he still needs to be in AAA while the cubs wait to see if anyone gets hurt.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, cubs bought a few more days, Carl Jr is back and Stella is on the bereavement list for his grandmother.