Home vs pirates

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize Baez is the only "starter" with a OPS below .600 right?

If things stay status quo hitting then Baez is the odd man out when you want to play Almora.

My opinion is they need to protect Schwarber in LF more than anything right now. Almora/Heyward cover more ground than most of the majors much less any other combo on the Cubs.

If Baez was raking then I would get it.

35 ABs and we are talking about OPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Ok..
37 YO Zobrist is hitting .187 with .696 OPS and not half as good as Baez defensively at 2B.

So, why not just play the kid and see if he can turn it around offensively while still giving you above Avg. defense over a near retiring struggling UI who ok defensively?

I'd much rather see the kids in Almora and Baez play if their the future..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ben Zobrist isn't 37. In fact, he isn't even 36 yet.

Maybe just stop posting for a while?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
35 ABs and we are talking about OPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda matters. I'm looking at SLG/OBA in a hitter. If you are not doing one then you hope to get the other. Below .600 means he is bad at both right now. Maybe another rebound case from a guy in the world baseball classic or just a slump. Regardless Almora 2 RBI's. Zo 1. Sometimes you just rolll with what is working at the moment.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Starling Marte busted for PED's, 80 game suspension, I guess Clutch will be slow in center now.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
You guys realize that teams are measured by how good they are over 162 games and that even 15-20 game samples don't matter? If the Cubs are playing like come the 4th of July, then I'll begin to worry but before that, I really don't care. It simply doesn't matter.