(1) Boston Celtics 4 def (8) Chicago Bulls 2 | 1st Round

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
And Cannan is right back to his air ball ways. I swear I've never seen a dude air ball so many shots

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I gotta admit, they suckered me again. I went all year with a pragmatic view, then of course they get me to emotionally invest after winning the first two.

Then back to the regularly scheduled dream crushing team they usually are.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
boston can't hold a lead for nada

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Mirotic really is terrible. It's sick that he'll be making as much as 20 mil a year

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
To me the issue is defense. We've gotten away from Chicago Bulls basketball, some teams just have a certain brand that makes them successful. Whenever the Bulls have been good the benchmark was tough hard nose defense. Sure we had Jordan/Pippen but throughout the years especially when Chicago had Sloan and those guys when they were solid in the 70s it was tenacious defense and fighting for lose balls. Even the Dynasty teams played stifling defense and prided themselves in it. Now we have this clueless coach and we're awful at the things that have always made the Chicago Bulls a force to be reckoned with which is fighting for loose balls limiting and getting second chance points and points off of turnovers. But we're just blowing it on defense and need to get better on defense while still improving offensively.

It's frustrating seeing Chicago awful and letting a team that they shouldn't be out rebounded by being out rebounded.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
There is no Bulls basketball neither Hoiball

Seriously if it weren't for playoff mode Rondo this team would have been swept.

stop buying merchandise and stop feeding the settled-to-mediocrity Bulls organization if you want to see it great again

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
And Cannan is right back to his air ball ways. I swear I've never seen a dude air ball so many shots

I give the guy credit though, he stayed in front of thomas. The bulls are down in talent in these games, sure, but there was no reason that Lavergne did not use his fouls to give to put thomas on the floor. Our best weapon in Lopez, and Hoiberg is allowing boston dictate the terms and run what they want to run.

Does Jimmy Butler or Dwayne wade watch film? Its like 1 on 5 when they bring the ball up.

Bench was emptied in the first 9 minutes, other than Valentine, the one guy that could handle the ball up the court, but Butler does not allow this team to get in any type of offense other than Boston knowing where the ball is and who is going to shoot.

Series is not over til a home team wins a game I guess.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Rondo the real superstar of the Bulls.

Where BearPride with the young and hungry core and Hoiberg out coaching Red Auerbach.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Fred Hoiberg tied Brad Stevens in playoff wins, it seemed like the whole world had been flipped upside down. Hoiberg has looked largely lost in his two seasons with the Bulls. They have no cohesive message they spout or plan, they don't really have an identity or certifiable plan. Their rotations have seemed flawed from the start. The Bulls roster was a badly-spaced mess and yet Hoiberg seemed to lean into their worst elements.

But there it was, a 2-0 lead, in which Hoiberg had legitimately found ways to confound, frustrate, and overmatch the Celtics. Maybe Hoiberg had gotten a bad rap. Maybe Hoiberg deserved some credit for the plucky 8-seed taking it to the 1-seed Celtics.

Two games later, after the Bulls' 104-95 loss to Boston?

Yeah, not so much. Fred Hoiberg looks very much like Fred Hoiberg again, and the Bulls look very much like the Bulls again.

In some ways, Hoiberg has been hamstrung. The loss of Rajon Rondo sunk so much of what was working for Chicago on both ends. He was defending with purpose, and his length and physicality was giving Boston's itty-bitty guards fits. On offense, he was dictating the pace and making sure things were organized, posting up and punishing Isaiah Thomas. From there, the blame falls on the front office. For years this team had a token reserve veteran point guard spot: D.J. Augustin, Aaron Brooks, Kirk Hinrich. This year, they never addressed it, even after Rajon Rondo was benched. They traded for Cameron Payne from the Thunder ... and Payne is in such disarray he was inactive in Game 4.

And still, Hoiberg turned to his mishmash of not-ready-for-prime time point guards. Michael Carter-Williams and Jerian Grant were disasters for the second straight game, and yet, that was the Bulls' approach. Hoiberg eventually turned to Isaiah Canaan who gave them a third-quarter lift, but wound up having to go back to MCW, which sparked a 9-0 Celtics run to put the game out of reach.

The answer is so painfully obvious, even if it might not work. Go without a point guard, play Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade at the guards; they initiate the offense and handle it the most anyway. If the issue is what that does to the bench units, well guess what? You're losing the bench units and the starting units right now and you can't bleed both.

Without Rondo, the Celtics' three-guard lineup of Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart, none of whom scrape 6-foot-5, has been effective. That lineup was a disaster for most of the season because of what teams would do to it defensively, and yet the Bulls are completely incapable of hurting it because of their point guard play.
Sponsored by ADT
Who’s Keeping Your Home Safe?
Having the right security system is the key to protecting your home. Discover all the features of ADT and how their home security tops the rest.

No, Hoiberg doesn't have any good options. But throwing out guard after guard (without ever going to Denzel Valentine) to get eaten up the Celtics' masher is madness.

Then after the game, Hoiberg goes on a random tirade about Isaiah Thomas carrying a piece of officiating minutia no one was impressed with. Whatever David Fizdale's "Take that for data!" speech was, this is the opposite of that. It was toothless and regressive, doing nothing to inspire confidence. It did not seem like a coach mad as hell who was not going to take it anymore. Instead, it seemed like an accountant complaining about formatting compliance.

Hoiberg was rumored to be on the hot seat at the deadline as the front office sought to once again distance themselves from the failures they themselves have created. It's possible he finds himself back there if he does not adjust. The Bulls are the 8th seed. They should lose this series. They've put up more of a fight than most would expect. But if things are already stacked against the Celtics, Hoiberg is leaning as hard as he can into the pile, tipping things over in a cascade over his own team. Brad Stevens may be overrated considering his playoff success, but he's found answers and hasn't thrown bad answers at the wall time and time again.

Hoiberg seems trapped in a loop he can't find a way out of, despite having every excuse to try tactics with little hope of success. The Bulls have nothing to lose and still Hoiberg has found ways to make things seem worse.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...g-being-washed-away-as-celtics-turn-the-tide/

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching a real coach adjust and then dominate us is maddening.

The thing with Rondo is we didn't just get playoff Rondo, we got the perfect opponent and "garden" Rondo. I think even the Celtics were psyched out by his legend, the place they were, the mixed emotion of fans about it, and the whole scenario that took them by storm buttressed by Wade/Butler hitting clutch shots and Lopez totally dominating them.

Fate took Rondo out, and Stevens took Lopez out. That leaves the redundant Wade/Butler iso O and bully defend combo. Back to 85 point Hoiball games. Totally unacceptable.

Nobody can run his offense because he doesn't have an NBA offense. Where is Payne? Grant and Canaan are better than him? WTF?

The fact that Portis and Mirotic basically haven't played with each other all season is on who? I mean...that was in our fan lineups during the pre-season, and something we wanted to see. Both have been benched plenty this year and yet here they are being asked to preserve a series.

This team is just unreal to follow. I mean I don't know how they can grow hope over and over again only to totally fall short.

Hoiberg still going to bed asking himself who to play with who. lol. hahahahahahaha. it never ends with him, just ridiculous platoons of players who have no idea what their own role is even supposed to be, and if you ask them they will say they aren't sure what Hoi even wants? They sound like they actually do not know their role.
Its fucking crazy.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The cast is off. I am thinking Friday for sure if its elimination game, but I dont doubt rondo is pushing to dress tomorrow night. If Hoiberg is not going to play Morrow or Valentine, why not?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Canaan is the first Bull since Luc Longley,1995, to not start a regular season game and get a start in the playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Canaan is the first Bull since Luc Longley,1995, to not start a regular season game and get a start in the playoffs.
Longley eventually became the starting center on 3 championship teams...so therefore...

Nah Canaan still sucks

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching a real coach adjust and then dominate us is maddening.

The thing with Rondo is we didn't just get playoff Rondo, we got the perfect opponent and "garden" Rondo. I think even the Celtics were psyched out by his legend, the place they were, the mixed emotion of fans about it, and the whole scenario that took them by storm buttressed by Wade/Butler hitting clutch shots and Lopez totally dominating them.

Fate took Rondo out, and Stevens took Lopez out. That leaves the redundant Wade/Butler iso O and bully defend combo. Back to 85 point Hoiball games. Totally unacceptable.

Nobody can run his offense because he doesn't have an NBA offense. Where is Payne? Grant and Canaan are better than him? WTF?

The fact that Portis and Mirotic basically haven't played with each other all season is on who? I mean...that was in our fan lineups during the pre-season, and something we wanted to see. Both have been benched plenty this year and yet here they are being asked to preserve a series.

This team is just unreal to follow. I mean I don't know how they can grow hope over and over again only to totally fall short.

Hoiberg still going to bed asking himself who to play with who. lol. hahahahahahaha. it never ends with him, just ridiculous platoons of players who have no idea what their own role is even supposed to be, and if you ask them they will say they aren't sure what Hoi even wants? They sound like they actually do not know their role.
Its fucking crazy.

We should have seen this a long time ago. The front office deserves all of the grief it can get. That bunch of bums playing guard is awful and Gar/Pax brought them in.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where Bear Pride with his young and thirsty core?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rondo tried to get cleared to play tonight, but nope.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rondo apparently also has a torn ligament in addition to his thumb issues

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
they did the same shit last year with Noah. No, they would not have won any titles, but Noah was gone anyway and they still did not risk his shoulder even though Noah wanted to play. Why do the same with Rondo?