IGT: Central Division Semifinals Game 3 - Blackhawks @ Predators 4/17 at 8:30 p.m.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hawks have been outskated, outpassed, outshot, outhit.... but IMO much of that doesn't matter, the big difference is that they have been outworked.

I am not saying I don't see effort out there, god knows Crow is standing on his head, and some of the guys are working their asses off on defense.

But overall, especially in Nashville's zone or in the neutral zone, I don't see the effort.... I see alot of wasted puck possession... so many board battles we lose and then take a breather while Nashville counter attacks 4 on 2 or 4 on 3 and have us on our heels without any trouble walking into our zone.

Nashville's forecheck is relentless, their neutral zone pressure is relentless, and if somehow you get into their zone, they are suffocating the puck carriers.... every guy on their team is giving 1000% on every shift while I seem to see alot of our guys dogging it.... even in our own zone that half-a-fuck attempt to even get it across the blue line by Hartman or Schmaltz....

I think Nashville is playing a great game against us, no doubt, but other than part of the 2nd period last night, the Hawks have dogged it every other shift.... alot of passing to no one.... passes that are so errant you wonder wtf they were thinking... shots so errant you cannot tell if it was a shot or a pass.... alot of panicked attempts at Rinne with no one in position to get a rebound at all... alot of playing scared and tired/lazy.

The Hawks deserve to lose this series right now, Nashville deserves to win it.

This sums it up. To me there is 0 effort from the majority of these guys. We look old and slow. The big money guys are non existent. The passing has been stupid as shit. Hawks do not deserve to win a game this series the way they are playing. This team needs a shake up big time, there is no reason to have a lack of effort in the playoffs.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks have been outskated, outpassed, outshot, outhit.... but IMO much of that doesn't matter, the big difference is that they have been outworked.

I am not saying I don't see effort out there, god knows Crow is standing on his head, and some of the guys are working their asses off on defense.

But overall, especially in Nashville's zone or in the neutral zone, I don't see the effort.... I see alot of wasted puck possession... so many board battles we lose and then take a breather while Nashville counter attacks 4 on 2 or 4 on 3 and have us on our heels without any trouble walking into our zone.

Nashville's forecheck is relentless, their neutral zone pressure is relentless, and if somehow you get into their zone, they are suffocating the puck carriers.... every guy on their team is giving 1000% on every shift while I seem to see alot of our guys dogging it.... even in our own zone that half-a-fuck attempt to even get it across the blue line by Hartman or Schmaltz....

I think Nashville is playing a great game against us, no doubt, but other than part of the 2nd period last night, the Hawks have dogged it every other shift.... alot of passing to no one.... passes that are so errant you wonder wtf they were thinking... shots so errant you cannot tell if it was a shot or a pass.... alot of panicked attempts at Rinne with no one in position to get a rebound at all... alot of playing scared and tired/lazy.

The Hawks deserve to lose this series right now, Nashville deserves to win it.

The bold really sums it up perfectly. So frustrating to watch too.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Ultimatly​ you have to tip your hat to Nashville. They have completely​ and totally frustrated a veteran team and refuse to let up. I agree it's not Rinne, their checking and overall effort had just been fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really hate this conference playoff crap, sure does not seem right, but they have competitive games.

Hawks played well until Smashville showed up in the third. Cross checking galore, face washes, and leg whips. Refs dont seem to have an issue with it.

Anisimov had a great screen on the Kane goal, but he needs a week of hockey to get his legs back and his faceoffs back. They should have Kane take the faceoffs for that line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have two physical guys on the bench. We keep drafting mini me with a hot stick but when 80% of the team can't protect the space of ice around them.

The refs are making this a dangerous series for our guys, but so is the lack of power play effort. It's like our guys use PPs to take a breather from the ass beating.

You gotta score to make them stop and play clean.

Hayden Ras Desjardins

All need to play.
Everyone needs to hit back. Or hit dirty. Where the fuck is seabrook?

Do we have an enforcer? At least if Svedstein was out there people would have to swivel. I've been bitching about the pussification of this club for 4 years...we have come to the point where it's just sad. We should just cancel the plane home and charter a bus to the hospital.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I really hate this conference playoff crap, sure does not seem right, but they have competitive games.

Hawks played well until Smashville showed up in the third. Cross checking galore, face washes, and leg whips. Refs dont seem to have an issue with it.

Anisimov had a great screen on the Kane goal, but he needs a week of hockey to get his legs back and his faceoffs back. They should have Kane take the faceoffs for that line.

Would've been the same first-round matchup for the Hawks if they used the old format. Hawks the No. 1 seed, Predators the No. 8.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
We have two physical guys on the bench. We keep drafting mini me with a hot stick but when 80% of the team can't protect the space of ice around them.

The refs are making this a dangerous series for our guys, but so is the lack of power play effort. It's like our guys use PPs to take a breather from the ass beating.

You gotta score to make them stop and play clean.

Hayden Ras Desjardins

All need to play.
Everyone needs to hit back. Or hit dirty. Where the fuck is seabrook?

Do we have an enforcer? At least if Svedstein was out there people would have to swivel. I've been bitching about the pussification of this club for 4 years...we have come to the point where it's just sad. We should just cancel the plane home and charter a bus to the hospital.

Have you watched any other playoff series at all this year? Any other playoff series ever? The Blackhawks/Preds may just be the most tame out of every single playoff series. This is the playoffs...the players know what to expect by now.

Also...Svedberg. He is big...that is all. He isn't physical, he doesn't scare people, and he isn't a NHL player right now.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Lord, enough with the physical crap. If you're waiting for the Blackhawks to bring their physical game into the mix....you'll be waiting a long ass time. That's not how they play and that's certainly not how they have won their previous Cups.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have gotten our ass beat to the point we can't even play hockey 2 years in a row.

Enough? No...we don't have enough physical integrity out there. When Seabrook, Hammer, Keith and Toews were younger they could chip in. Now they older guys are ginger, and the younger guys are soft.

I don't think the dynasty is over because of Hayden/Smaltz/Hartman/Panik. But to continue these young crop are going to have to carry the team and have the luxury of some aging superstars around them.

Crow played a fantastic game. We should have won that game. We couldn't afford to lose it. A couple cheapies.

By my guess, we need to score first 3 times, and find a way to come back once to win 4 straight. Once we are behind its face wash city. Our guys needed to want it just for 15 more fucking minutes...and bullshit happened off the stanchion.

It seems the hockey gods don't want us, the league don't want us, and our players don't want it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would've been the same first-round matchup for the Hawks if they used the old format. Hawks the No. 1 seed, Predators the No. 8.

Its a foolish idea to limit the possible matchups. They should pick a format that is allows more paths so the Wild can get swept by Anaheim every once in a while.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good Lord, enough with the physical crap. If you're waiting for the Blackhawks to bring their physical game into the mix....you'll be waiting a long ass time. That's not how they play and that's certainly not how they have won their previous Cups.

Yeah...but you can't just lay over and give up ice positioning every time they skate over and ask for it. They are sweeping the shit out of our legs and using a huge size advantage to just rag doll our guys all over the place. I mean...at one point last game Toews/AA/Smaltz/Panarin were all hurt from it and skating at 50% or less.

Thats a problem. Unfortunately its the blueprint against us.

I know exactly what we are, and supposed to be. But the predators are stalking ice position systematically like predators, and completely taking away any ability to demonstrate our skill. There is a balance point, you have to be physical enough. Seabrook used to carry a big load of it. He looks like a fat skinny guy going through the motions. Getting paid before he gets shipped to some hometown pasture or something.

Hammer looks old. Keith still feels Anaheim 2015. Kane/Smatlz/Panarin/Toews can't do shit because they don't have guys around them holding ice position.

Those aren't board battles, that looks to me like our guy plays the puck. Their guy plays the man, kicks his ass. Takes it. repeat. Everywhere, all over the ice for 60 minutes!!

What the fuck do you mean get out of here with this physical crap? I have never seen such a lopsided ass kicking in hockey, except maybe the Blues last year also, and Anaheim 2015...so there is a pattern here from the last 3 most difficult series.

Its a pattern we have to and Bowman WILL address because.

I don't think they are faster than alot of our guys, our guys are just afraid to skate anywhere and not sure what the fuck they are going to do when they get there other then get their ass kicked.

Only Panik is moving well, imo.

Not all our guys are pussies, but in hockey playoff concept of being a man out there....

AA is hurt. Hossa and Hammer and Seabs are old.

Kane, Smaltz, Hino, Jurco, Panarin are physically pussies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only Panik is moving well, imo. At a playoff level, skates like a confident superhuman.

Not all our guys are pussies, but in hockey playoff concept of being a man out there....

AA is hurt. Hossa and Hammer and Seabs are old.

Kane, Smaltz, Hino, Jurco, Panarin, Kero, Keith are physically in the pussies category right now.

Toews, Hartman, Panik, TooToo are scrappy but not enforcers. Aren't strong men. They are skilled hockey players (not tootoo)doing their part.

Kruger/Desjardins/Ras/Hayden have a physical element and all should be deployed at once. Spreading them out would be wise, because we have so many that need "protection."

We gotta play faster, skate faster, pass faster, keep possession more and play our game, while also at least reaching a protective level of physicality. We can't just get moved off and away from every puck.

Hayden better get galvanized in this last fire while we have the chance. At least his development and first playoff experience would be something to take away. He is one of the guys, along with Fortin, Forsling, Kempny, Bondra who can add some young plyable muscle, size, and speed to the ice next year.
Perhaps Baun will take a step and be a solid 4th liner.
We'll be back. There are some big guys in the system coming up. We just need a balance because our stars are so slight of build.