End of The Dynasty

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For the record, you're a party bottom and nobody cares about your opinion.

Hey Caitlyn Jenner - that's the reason you want us to win 4 in a row? To try and show some poster on the internet how wrong he was? LMAO.

giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you wanna go necro-bump that thread I'd highly encourage it. Would like to read that again.

I think the biggest swing-and-miss I had was being convinced that Panik, Hartman, and Schmaltz were going to waltz into the playoffs and continue producing at the same rate they did back in the regular season. I started a thread a month or two before the trade deadline asking if the Hawks were a Cup-worthy team, and I said no because I didn't think they had enough forward depth. I softened on that stance because of how well Schmaltz, Panik, and Hartman played in the second half of the season. Should've stuck with that initial stance.

This "story" needs a link, or gtfo.

I'm looking.... I can't remember if it was a game thread or something more general... if it was a game thread it will be a real pain to find lol

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wait...you don't think a team that finished first in the Western Conference is completely done and screwed going forward? A team that hasn't even lost a series yet but is down 0 - 3? A team that is capable of winning 4 games in a row no matter how stacked the odds are (and they are stacked). A team that has a core which has won in the very recent past. The best teams get upset at times...sports.

Just plain crazy talk...

Keith - 34, slow and broken down.
Seabrook - 32, slow and fat.
Oduya - Slow, broken and finished.
Campbell - Old as hell.
Hossa - Turned 62 in November.

Should I keep going?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Keith - 34, slow and broken down.
Seabrook - 32, slow and fat.
Oduya - Slow, broken and finished.
Campbell - Old as hell.
Hossa - Turned 62 in November.

Should I keep going?

Honest question: is it just age, or has the salary cap caught up to them? Or maybe combination of both?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Honest question: is it just age, or has the salary cap caught up to them? Or maybe combination of both?

It was a combination of both. Age has hampered some of the older players and the salary cap cost them a few younger players who could've helped alleviate some of the decline of those aging veterans. Guys like Saad, Leddy, Johns, etc.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a combination of both. Age has hampered some of the older players and the salary cap cost them a few younger players who could've helped alleviate some of the decline of those aging veterans. Guys like Saad, Leddy, Johns, etc.
Could you imagine if we could've kept Saad at 1LW? What a world of difference...

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the sky falling or are the Blackhawks falling asleep at the wheel at the wrong time and Rinne having the series of his life?
The Preds will probably move on and get murdered by the Blues in the next round while the Hawks look around to pick up the pieces into 17-18.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Is the sky falling or are the Blackhawks falling asleep at the wheel at the wrong time and Rinne having the series of his life?
The Preds will probably move on and get murdered by the Blues in the next round while the Hawks look around to pick up the pieces into 17-18.

I think you're just seeing a perfect storm of the worst possible matchup for the Hawks at a time when they just can't get out of their own way.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you wanna go necro-bump that thread I'd highly encourage it. Would like to read that again.

I think the biggest swing-and-miss I had was being convinced that Panik, Hartman, and Schmaltz were going to waltz into the playoffs and continue producing at the same rate they did back in the regular season. I started a thread a month or two before the trade deadline asking if the Hawks were a Cup-worthy team, and I said no because I didn't think they had enough forward depth. I softened on that stance because of how well Schmaltz, Panik, and Hartman played in the second half of the season. Should've stuck with that initial stance.

It's kinda hard for them to do with a ballast like the last 683 minutes of Toews' playoff performance dragging them down.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I've seen this happen with the red wings plenty of times. They should have won ten cups in those 25 year playoff streak. Shit happens in hockey. I think the arrow is still pointing up but moves have to be made and can't be hard headed about sticking to certain players. If someone is ready move them up let them reinvigorate the team. You can't lose players and expect some expired player to take over and help you win which q loves doing

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

Some of it is miles. We've ridden Keith and Seabrook for years. Hell, we had three D-men in 2015 when we won the Cup. It was unsustainable. And Hossa's like Jagr at this point. The dudes like 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I've seen this happen with the red wings plenty of times. They should have won ten cups in those 25 year playoff streak. Shit happens in hockey. I think the arrow is still pointing up but moves have to be made and can't be hard headed about sticking to certain players. If someone is ready move them up let them reinvigorate the team. You can't lose players and expect some expired player to take over and help you win which q loves doing

At this point we have to be thinking Seabrook or Hossa for the expansion draft.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I didn't think you could just stop Panarin and Kane this easy, in my defense the AA situation but I didn't think I would ever see this team completely incapable of possessing the puck for even 2-3 passes at a time.

They have really gotten into Kane's body more than usual. He is a little wolverine and I have no problem with the way Kane/Panik/Ras/Kruger are playing.

After that it's just vomit.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
At this point we have to be thinking Seabrook or Hossa for the expansion draft.

Getting rid of those two simply to get rid of them...not smart. Makes this team a worse team. People have gotten on Seabrook but he is still a solid #3 guy and Hossa had a very solid year offensively (with his defense a given).

That's not even taking into account the NMC/NTC and the recapture fee on the salary cap for reasons why they won't be exposed...but I'm sure you already knew that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some of it is miles. We've ridden Keith and Seabrook for years. Hell, we had three D-men in 2015 when we won the Cup. It was unsustainable. And Hossa's like Jagr at this point. The dudes like 40.

That doesn't explain why even the young guys appear to be dogging it out there and playing like idiots.... Hartman, Schmaltz, Rasmussen, hell even Kero at times...

Literally the entire team seems a step slow, not just the older players.... literally the entire team seems to be struggling with passing and pass receptions, literally the entire team seems to be struggling with ordinary puck handling/possession.... some of that is Nashville doing a great job, but at some point you have to wonder wtf is wrong with them.... not every pass is rushed or contested.... they are falling down or mishandling the puck at times without any Nashville players touching them.... idk how but the Hawks seem to be beaten mentally/emotionally as a whole.