It was a good season

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They could have pushed to get to a post-season in the next 3 years, and Sale would be a nightmare in a playoff series.

We'd have had maybe one two shots with Sale and then gone and with nothing to show for it and no longevity of contention.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'd have had maybe one two shots with Sale and then gone and with nothing to show for it and no longevity of contention.

one or two shots with Sale (Quintana/Rodon) is likely to be a better shot at championship than anything we will see in next 10 years.

and then you can still trade him for a ransom to a team in the playoff race in his last year, or second to last year. We could be 17-10 with Sale on the team despite not spending anything to address issues.

They would have made the playoffs last year with two bullpen arms alone. Catchers have been available. 2nd baseman were available. Cheap CF's like Fowler were available. They could have stacked this team with Fowler/Contreras and two bullpen arms....upgraded catcher and a vet 2nd base like Reyes for cheap.

and been dangerous as fuck.

we had the best pitcher in all of baseball cost controlled for 3 more years....we are fucking failures at life. Everyone should have been gone before Sale, the coach, the GM, the president...if there was somebody he doesn't like he should just have to point and they take him out back and he gone.

The owner should fire himself now for allowing his trade. Inexcusable move.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
[video=youtube;SfS328h_7Og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfS328h_7Og[/video]

Bob, is that you?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nobody knows that but the notion of trading away great players who have affordable contracts based on the notion that you can't re-sign them is stupid and near-sighted.. As for "longevity of contention" looking at this team with an assurance of longevity of contention is pretty far fetched. We have a terrible over-all outfield and catching along with no left handed hitting that is worth a shit. And we still have a terrible owner in charge.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It had nothing to do with resigning Sale. It was all about maximum value since they had already had him and were no where close to the playoffs.

The longevity issue is being solved with these trades and drafting at the weak spots you speak of. And it's headed in the right direction the past 6-12 months.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hawk, It's been a good start to the rebuild. The players they have gotten have basically all been performing very, very well.

I'm concerned about Giolito. So far, not so good...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It would appear he is having issues unless there is an injury there

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It had nothing to do with resigning Sale. It was all about maximum value since they had already had him and were no where close to the playoffs.

The longevity issue is being solved with these trades and drafting at the weak spots you speak of. And it's headed in the right direction the past 6-12 months.

By the time those prospects ever make it to the major leagues if ever, Abreau will need a new contract which Reinny will never give him. Its a pipe dream about this great rebuild plan of the White Sox. The Sox have proven that they only can draft one thing and that is pitchers and not hitters. That is on management and lack of good scouting and drafting and has been true for decades. That is on Reinny and his house boy Williams.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Giolito has a floor of Ian Kennedy and can at least eat innings at some point as a 4th or 5th guy.

If Anderson/Moncado can be a top 5 middle infield to rival the team up north who also has one, maybe it could be a cool rivalry. I do think having an A+ middle infield is a key to championships, most of them have one.

Sale is irreplaceable, an ace of that level is also a pre-requisite to going all the way.
This team is looking like it could have been something, very disappointing.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
By the time those prospects ever make it to the major leagues if ever, Abreau will need a new contract which Reinny will never give him. Its a pipe dream about this great rebuild plan of the White Sox. The Sox have proven that they only can draft one thing and that is pitchers and not hitters. That is on management and lack of good scouting and drafting and has been true for decades. That is on Reinny and his house boy Williams.

What mysterious rebuild lol. All they did was get rid of two guys who criticized Kenny.

And by the way things are going this season just look where loyalty gets you. If they took coaching serious and got rid of Ventura we likely wouldn't have needed to get rid of sale and eaton and would have been competitive all those wtf years. Reinsdorf teams are such a circus

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

They have indeed struggled at drafting position players. No argument there. Abreu may not be on the team and honestly I think most Sox fans know he's a md level 1b. That can be replaced. Abreu had one year. It was a great year, but he has steadily under-performed and declined year after year. We are in year one of a 3 year plan. Relax.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Giolito has a floor of Ian Kennedy and can at least eat innings at some point as a 4th or 5th guy.

If Anderson/Moncado can be a top 5 middle infield to rival the team up north who also has one, maybe it could be a cool rivalry. I do think having an A+ middle infield is a key to championships, most of them have one.

Sale is irreplaceable, an ace of that level is also a pre-requisite to going all the way.
This team is looking like it could have been something, very disappointing.
No Yoan if we have Sale. You and The Hawk put together earlier your team but you just expected the other teams to just give us players for cash considerations. Not realistic at all. We've done it the way you want and two things didn't happen. We did not get anywhere near good let alone playoffs and the fans never came out.

It's time to try something new. It may not work, heck statistically it's a long shot, but we have to try something new. #tankforBeer

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have indeed struggled at drafting position players. No argument there. Abreu may not be on the team and honestly I think most Sox fans know he's a md level 1b. That can be replaced. Abreu had one year. It was a great year, but he has steadily under-performed and declined year after year. We are in year one of a 3 year plan. Relax.

He's better than a mid level 1B. Put a good left handed hitting bat behind him and watch. He is a very strong 3 hitter who drives in runs and yet can hit for average. I hate when people talk about people like Abreau being mid level. They said the same thing about Konerko and were full of shit on him also.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Yoan if we have Sale. You and The Hawk put together earlier your team but you just expected the other teams to just give us players for cash considerations. Not realistic at all. We've done it the way you want and two things didn't happen. We did not get anywhere near good let alone playoffs and the fans never came out.

It's time to try something new. It may not work, heck statistically it's a long shot, but we have to try something new. #tankforBeer

No. THey needed to do their jobs and their jobs did not entail giving away one of the top echelon pitchers in all of baseball. Reinny got rid of Sale because of the locker room tantrum and nothing else. Didn't reflect well on his "team" and its sterling reputation. What a joke he is.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's better than a mid level 1B. Put a good left handed hitting bat behind him and watch. He is a very strong 3 hitter who drives in runs and yet can hit for average. I hate when people talk about people like Abreau being mid level.
Numbers don't lie.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No. THey needed to do their jobs and their jobs did not entail giving away one of the top echelon pitchers in all of baseball. Reinny got rid of Sale because of the locker room tantrum and nothing else. Didn't reflect well on his "team" and its sterling reputation. What a joke he is.

Absolutely not true. Rumors two years going that Sale might be traded.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Numbers don't lie.

Sure they do. Like I have said many times a spot in the batting order is greatly influenced by who bats both in front or back of him, especially in back of him. The have not had a left handed hitting bat to protect Jose like he should have. Why? BECAUSE REINNY IS CHEAP. Hell, not just Abreu. The entire Sox line-up is totally weak in left handed hitting. One of the worst balanced line-ups in all of baseball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely not true. Rumors two years going that Sale might be traded.

Rumors occur all of the time. So what? Doesn't mean that you give away a star pitcher for some prospects when if you spend some money in free agency you can have both a top notch starting rotation as well as a good line-up. Reinny is a fool.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sure they do. Like I have said many times a spot in the batting order is greatly influenced by who bats both in front or back of him, especially in back of him. The have not had a left handed hitting bat to protect Jose like he should have. Why? BECAUSE REINNY IS CHEAP. Hell, not just Abreu. The entire Sox line-up is totally weak in left handed hitting. One of the worst balanced line-ups in all of baseball.

Except he's had better lineups and his numbers will still averagish at best.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rumors occur all of the time. So what? Doesn't mean that you give away a star pitcher for some prospects when if you spend some money in free agency you can have both a top notch starting rotation as well as a good line-up. Reinny is a fool.

1) He wasn't given away
2) You can't spend money when no one comes to see the product